We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Upcoming class changes and creepside

Hello, since freep classes are getting a lot of attention later this year, I though maybe we could throw out some suggestions regarding the upcoming changes on creepside.
    I'll start with 2 new skills on each class.

Defiler

Blessing of Melkor: Groupwide toggle skill "Increases in-combat power/morale regen by 350 and +5% outgoing healing"

Tale of the fall of Arnor: Group heal-over-time and CC removal+15 seconds immunity. 15min cd. (much like Fellowship's heart)

Reaver

Hammer arm: -10% target melee damage and +15% attack speed for 20 seconds. 1min cd.

Live by the blade: -25% enemy armour for 15 seconds. 2min cd.

Warleader

Trained by the nine: +50% block chance for 10 seconds and resets all shouts. 8min cd

Shields on front, archers behind: Area circle that gives -10% incoming damage and +10% outgoing damage.

Blackarrow

Improved moving target: addition: +50% resist chance.

Poison tipped arrow: -50% incoming healing on target for 8 seconds. 1min cd.

Weaver

Swallow the hope: Toggle skill, 10 meter range, reduces enemy in-combat regens for 25%

Lay egg: Spider lays egg on ground that explodes after 5 seconds if not destroyed, releases powerful damage cloud for 15 seconds. 8min cd.

Stalker

Legacy of Gaurhoth: Ignores all of target armour for 10 seconds. 5min cd.

Howl of Carcharoth: 6 targets, -50% running speed for 10 seconds. (pottable with fear pot)

ADDITIONAL STUFF:
    2-4 more corruption and class slots, much potential on creepside wasted since so few slots for mixing.
    Requested for 5 years: Put mailbox on Grams.
    Scale regens better.
    Last edited by Jureon; Feb 27 2013 at 07:57 AM.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

/signed
    All of it
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

I have to admit, I had a kind of "meh" response to all the class skills. The things that they do don't seem to mesh with the "status quo" of most creepside skills. They seem too different and displaced from the way most creep skills seem to work.

Totally agree on a mailbox in grams and scaling our regens. Those things are a must-have. I certainly wouldn't complain about a few more corruption slots either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

I'll start off small:

-Fix U/Delete into backdoors.
    -Fix creeps getting into Ost delving entrance 'IN' combat.
    -Make Delving bosses harder.
    -There is going to be npcs on the map, mineaswell make them worth their salt in server load.....make them tougher.
    -Keeps/camps/Grothum/HH need better defences. I like the spamming of arrows in TA entrances. Work on that. You are in a GIANT MILITARY castle....it may as well not be able to get steam rolled.
    -Buff up outposts. More npcs and make them hit harder. Outposts are so OP atm there should be no way that they can be soloed or duoed. Make them worth there bonuses. More stationary guards so you can't just run past pathers. If you tag the CG you should pull every npc so nobody can warg hips off and friendlies can run into outpost real quick.
    -Same goes for keeps/Ost/DG. Stop npcs from resetting too quick.
    -NPCs this NPCs that. We're here to pvp yadda yadda not fight npcs. It's not so much to hug npcs "just because." Mainly people are hugging npcs to defend against the zerg and/or being outnumbered, and the keeps are giant castles...they may as well offer some sort of protection without the need of one shots.
    Jimi's Mash

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    Hello, since freep classes are getting a lot of attention later this year, I though maybe we could throw out some suggestions regarding the upcoming changes on creepside.
    I'll start with 2 new skills on each class.
    General feeling: Too long cooldowns

There is a reason we have been moving towards less powerful skills with lower cooldowns. Skills, such a some of the ones you suggest are extremly hard to balance. When they are up they cause major grief in 1v1s and are accused of being OP, while in RvR they are on CD most of the time and thus worthless

Defiler

Blessing of Melkor: Groupwide toggle skill "Increases in-combat power/morale regen by 350 and +5% outgoing healing"
    This doesn't help too much. Better would be:
    Critical heals with direct healing grant immunity to induction set back for 10s and +5% outgoing healing
    Upkeep costs 50 Power per second

Defiler

Tale of the fall of Arnor: Group heal-over-time and CC removal+15 seconds immunity. 15min cd. (much like Fellowship's heart)
    Defilers don't lack healing over time, they lack emergency skills. Efflorescence is a decent group HoT (just it's range needs to be made 25m without that trait)
    A 5k Morale bubble that reflects a -15% damage disease for 10s on all attackers

Reaver

Hammer arm: -10% target melee damage and +15% attack speed for 20 seconds. 1min cd.

These are fine

Warleader

Trained by the nine: +50% block chance for 10 seconds and resets all shouts. 8min cd
    Oh my god, that Cooldown :-P
    Same skill, 3min CD

Warleader

Shields on front, archers behind: Area circle that gives -10% incoming damage and +10% outgoing damage.
    Cooldown? Uptime?

Blackarrow

Improved moving target: addition: +50% resist chance.

Poison tipped arrow: -50% incoming healing on target for 8 seconds. 1min cd.
    Either one or the other, I'm cool with a Resist added to MT, but also a 50% inc healing debuff? No thanks
    Or the healing debuff, but no resist then. Everyone has to understand that combination is godmode

The more I think about it, make the 50% Resist another skill, which shares CD with MT, so they are mutually exclusive

This is important because Hunters/Champs/etc. need stuns to deal with MT and resist would screw their only counter.

Weaver

Swallow the hope: Toggle skill, 10 meter range, reduces enemy in-combat regens for 25%
    This is fine

Weaver

Lay egg: Spider lays egg on ground that explodes after 5 seconds if not destroyed, releases powerful damage cloud for 15 seconds. 8min cd.
    I'd prefer:
    explodes after 8s, does medium damage, cooldown 1m30s

Stalker

Legacy of Gaurhoth: Ignores all of target armour for 10 seconds. 5min cd.
    Ok, though maybe decrease CD to 2m, armour rating isn't exactly a big part of a Freep's Tact Mit

Stalker

Howl of Carcharoth: 6 targets, -50% running speed for 10 seconds. (pottable with fear pot)
    This seems a bit too strong, compare it to the RK slow (5 targets 5m melee slow on a ranged class costing 4 attunement)
    1. Melee slows on ranged classes should be stronger than on melee classes, because the ranged class it giving up it's range advantage for it
    2. It has no disadvantage like the RK slow (loosing 4 attunement)

ADDITIONAL STUFF:
    2-4 more corruption and class slots, much potential on creepside wasted since so few slots for mixing.
    Requested for 5 years: Put mailbox on Grams.
    Scale regens better.
    I think they should add the trait trees to Creepside too instead of more slots, signed the rest (mailbox and regens)
    Last edited by Chris91; Feb 27 2013 at 11:29 AM.

I got 2.

Reaver - combine lacerate and hamstring into one skill giving the equivalent bleed, damage, and slow that they do now separately.

Warleader - Terrible dps at early ranks. I'm rank 5 and a norbog takes 45seconds for me to kill with 3 OP's and ALL dps corruptions. I'm not familiar with WL enough to make any reasonable suggestions on how to fix it so I leave the solution open ended.
    Last edited by Armitas; Feb 27 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Nice suggestions, but the truth is, Turbine don't give a &&&
    I would doubt they take anything like this into account, if they even actually read it which I doubt....
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Celem - R6 - Champion
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

IMO in the WL departament:

- Crack The Whip should've have it's CD lowered to 2 seconds;

- Lead the Charge! trait allows the WL to drop Command Post and Point Defense on the move;

- Brawler's Quit Whinning and Fight shouldn't consume Power of Fear Proc;

- Banner of Horror Tatical mit debuff shoud be increased, with also the removal of the Physical mit debuff for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Rashy; Feb 27 2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Nice BA idea BUT

the MT resist chance is a big number...for 30s skill

BUT the inc healing debuff is nice.Well look at this tho, 1m its a huge number and the 8s duration is really low(after all the ba is a ranged class)15s duration and 30s cd.

If this happens, make this with no induction and at 50% health.Cause by the time you cant sthe skill the target could be fully healed with a single bolster

ANd btw arent creeps supposed to get trees too?

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

/signed

loved the ideas
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000487360/signature.png]Elvich[/charsig]

Is this in addition to Sundering Blow or replacing it?

Or do you mean that it's a self-buff for the Reaver, that anyone he attacks he ignores 25% of their armor?

I think the second option would make more sense with the name, but if you meant the first, it should replace Sundering Blow, or enhance it, whichever reduces their armor more. The current armor reduction isn't terrible, but it's not great.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Stalker

"Shiny Coat": The Warg shows off their lustrous fur coat.
    • 40M radius AOE.
    • Everyone stops fighting and admires the epic shinyness of the Warg's coat.
    • Duration: 30 seconds.
    • Cooldown 30 minutes and a trip to the Groomer.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    Is this in addition to Sundering Blow or replacing it?

Or do you mean that it's a self-buff for the Reaver, that anyone he attacks he ignores 25% of their armor?

I think the second option would make more sense with the name, but if you meant the first, it should replace Sundering Blow, or enhance it, whichever reduces their armor more. The current armor reduction isn't terrible, but it's not great.
    Being a reaver passive skill for 15 seconds.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor