We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Suggestion - Stance: Mobilize

Hey guys

Mobilize is a stance that allows the execution of inductions while the player is moving. This applies to ALL bow skills; Everything from Quick Shot to Heart Seeker. Using movement with inductions means that we have to apply some penalties to the player while using this stance. The version of the stance (below) is the result of many revisions. Ideas/Modifications are by Argilio and Bryter from Brawlers.

While this stance may not be ideal for players looking to maximize their output damage, it is useful in scenarios, mainly situational, in which the hunter needs to be moving in order to survive in times where Crowd Control might not be as effective.

Penalties:
    • Ranged Damage - You're moving, so the effectiveness of skills should be decreased.
    • Induction Time - Their arm movement would be slowed because their legs are moving.
    • Miss Chance - Their miss chance would be increased as it's easier to make a slight mistake in aim.

Bonuses:
    • Movement no longer interrupts inductions - This actually applies to ALL inductions, not just bow skills. The player is mobile now, so all inductions should be used while moving.
    • Movement no longer costs focus - Removing focus immediately when added while moving would disallow for players to build their Focus up while moving, so we've removed that.
    • Skills no longer give more than 1 focus point - This simply means that any of your skills which give more than 1 focus point are nerfed down to only giving 1 focus point when this stance is active.

There will be no trait-line bonuses for this stance. This stance is separate from all of the other stances.

Thoughts? Additions? Post a comment.

-Bryter

very nice idea. about the only thing i'd change would be maybe remove the 5% miss chance and add a -10m range. overall, seems like a really nice way to balance things out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    That's pretty awesome.

The only thing I would say though, for penalties, make it work like skirmisher stance. I'd rather lose specific skills and range, than have my damage reduced, my inductions longer and a heightened miss chance.

-15 meters & can't use focus skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    That's pretty awesome.

The only thing I would say though, for penalties, make it work like skirmisher stance. I'd rather lose specific skills and range, than have my damage reduced, my inductions longer and a heightened miss chance.

-15 meters & can't use focus skills.

Soooo....

Skirmisher Stance, yeah? Yeah. Yeah...

Not a bad idea...................

My thoughts:
    1. 20meter range
    2. All focus skills CD are doubled. (so no spamming) or +50% CD.
    3. Pen shot now has a 15sec CD while in that stance.
    4. Damage setback is 5% and miss chance is at 5%.
    5. While in that stance, find the path speed bonus becomes an in-combat run speed. (does not need to be a part of it but was just thinking)
    6. 2min CD on the skill to prevent stance jumping.

No need to gate any skills, just increase the cost of focus skills and increase CDs while in that stance.

I like this. Could replace Endurance, and another benefit of Improved Fleetness could be to remove the miss chance.

How did Stance: Fleetness use to work? Sounds like it could have been very similar ( I wasn't here then but know it existed) and was changed why? - did try a quick google but still ignorant.

Overall seems like a reasonable idea, It would need tweeking as 10% less damage from skills plus 10% longer inductions = total 19% less damage if using induction skills. Sounds prohibitive, especially if the PS on a 15s cooldown!?! is used.

Cool Rebellion

I think we should stop playing our hunters until Turbine add something like this or at least promises.

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Not a bad idea...................

My thoughts:
    1. 20meter range
    2. All focus skills CD are doubled. (so no spamming) or +50% CD.
    3. Pen shot now has a 15sec CD while in that stance.
    4. Damage setback is 5% and miss chance is at 5%.
    5. While in that stance, find the path speed bonus becomes an in-combat run speed. (does not need to be a part of it but was just thinking)
    6. 2min CD on the skill to prevent stance jumping.

No need to gate any skills, just increase the cost of focus skills and increase CDs while in that stance.
    I like some of the ideas but you can't be too fast or too slow or too close or too far. This is due to the inability of mobs to reach you and hit you but on the flip side if you are too close in PvP a lot of classes could pop a temp speed boost or a ranged stun and be on you instantly.

For a Mobility stance a very fine balance is needed so that it is effective/fun but isn't over powered.

Hmm, I think this is a good idea to implement on the Hunter. I would love to move while shooting at mobs.

tbh, I'm hopeing they remove stances and add them to passive into the new tree trait lines. they are just not big enough to be stances like wardens/mini's/guards.

this stance more over should be as a trait line. not a single stance you can "stance-dance" with. it's bad mechanics of the class. the hunters needs a rework, not short term fixes to some skills or some changes in traits.

on the other hand I would rather have your stance replace 2 of them (strenth+endurance)

A thousand times no.

Couple of things:

Kelsan is the dev, I would lower your expectations dramatically and not expect a revamp at all. Should it come that would be great but its not likely your going to get a lot of official feedback on a new stance. Second and most important.... The Hunter ranged DPS is in a pretty dam good spot. I want minimal resources devoted to enhancing it.

I want a melee stance that buffs melee damage output (at the price of ranged DPS) and a few melee skills to go with it. I dont expect to tank but we are a medium armor class, we should be able to be better in melee then we are.

Most everything in this new stance can be rolled into an improved fleetness.

/not signed, not by a long shot. More Melee or &&&&

this sounds like how we are on a warhorse to be honest. Sounds to me like it would be OP no matter how you try and do it. I too think that a revamp is a bad idea. Hunter is in a good place for the most part, its just the nagging small issues that are the problem. For example the lack of anything resembling a useable heal , the whole burn focus and rebuild it slowly thing, and the whole build and play your hunter like this or be far less useful in a group thing. Basically survivability and better sustained dps rather than the burstiness hunter has now with more build options. Mobility would only effect solo play and PVP in PVE groups there is little reason to running around shooting arrows and little need if the tank does his job. For solo play we are perfectly fine as is most classes right now. It is only in PVP that this would find any use. I believe that any changes made to the class should be useful in both PVP and PVE.