We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elagon View Post
    I would fully agree with conflating the three tracking skills into one. In one sense, I don't mind if they are separate skills or not but where I would appreciate some help is with the number of UI quickslots I have. By the time you have all the 'Guide to...' skills slotted (if you do), your combat skills, a few potions and a bit of food, there ain't much left and I'm now reaching the point with each new skill or 'Guide to' option of trying to work out what I don't need.
    iirc we have 3 slot-bars - 1 for mounted combat and 2 "normal slot-bars". I slot "guide to..." and other socondary issues in the second slot-bar. I need max. 5 seconds to switch between 1st and 2nd bars and back.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Greetings! Let's talk Revamp!

Hi,

I would love to see an 'improved camouflage' feature for the hunter.

1. Here is an idea: Depending on which stance you are in, the stealth skill, 'Improved Camouflage,' will give the hunter a buff. This concept barrows a lot from 'Hunter's Art,' and will give understandable buffs. For instance, the Strength stance may give +50% critical chance upon firing from stealth. You would also drop out of the stealth state upon firing. While, Precision stance would enable you to move while in stealth mode. You are able to make precise foot-placements to remain un-noticed. You would also drop out of the stealth state upon firing also. And, Endurance stance would enable no stealth breakage at all with any CC skills, buff skills, or debuff skills. You also will remain stealthed for x amount of time (Say 10s). Endurance enables you to endure stressful situations and keep your current state.

2. This point is an addition to the previous point. You could, in place of stance dependence, have the new 'Improved Camouflage' be trait-line dependent. So, which ever trait-line you choose to slot 4 of, you will gain the buff appropriately. (Strength stance, red line. Precision, blue. Endurance, yellow.) This, however, may be problematic due to the fact that you can trait with a 3x3x1x set up, and have no trait-line over 4x slotted. You'd simply have to assume the player understands and will accept the current version of the skill accordingly.

3. Instant 'Press Onward' is also in my 'book of hunter needs.' Although paired with other race/heal oriented skills to make a seemingly over powered macro or mouse execution, I believe the hunter class needs more mitigations and the simple removal of an induction seems to prove viable. (While you're at it, please consider making more skills less of a rooting factor while executing, thanks!)

Again, thanks fellow hunter and Kelsan for your time,
    Iberg, hunter
    Missxu
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000179c3d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There are several things that need to be addressed for hunters.

Stance:
    • The problem: Precision stance is THE stance to use. It gives focus, it has the highest critical hits and helps you not miss on end-game content. Additional factors to this are all the set bonuses favor this stance such as the moors set for even more focus.
    • The solution: Strength stance needs to be what it was before, it is STRENGTH stance. It needs to hit harder than precision but with penalties. Why it was ruined I'm unsure but if someone could explain it to me I'm all ears. One of the most attractive thing about strength stance was the quick-shot slow. Update 10 hunter gold bracelet has mocked us with quick-shot slow bonus which nobody will ever use because nobody is ever in strength.

My suggestion for changes to strength would be only logical ones: Penalty of incoming damage or avoidance losses, higher power costs, more threat. Simply put strength is a all DPS stance, your focus is on damage and nothing else. Precision is moderate-high damage but more consistent, and more viable for 75% of all situations.
    • Finally but not least endurance stance. Threat and power are issues of the past. (Especially power). Endurance stands need to mean something else. Give the stance Critical defense, morale, icmr/icpr, mitigation, avoidance boost across the board as well as power cost and threat. Then give it a -10% outgoing damage penalty (or more depending on your bonus values).

Hunters art needs to be fixed I'm sure I could think up a dozen ways to tweak it.
    Press onward needs to be induction-less, seriously.
    Snare needs to be in-combat and no induction just like a BA in the moors.

Thoughts on campfire giving a heal overtime to anyone standing near, similar to an rk stone?

Tratlines I could go on for hours so I'll leave it there for now.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Why don't we have a ranged interrupt? We are supposed to be _the_ ranged class and our only interrupt is melee? Does that really make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by CarsontheSage View Post
    Why don't we have a ranged interrupt? We are supposed to be _the_ ranged class and our only interrupt is melee? Does that really make sense?
    The answer to this question is, and has always been, no. It makes no sense at all. I've never even seen a valid rationale.

I have three characters that can DPS from range - RK, Warden, Hunter. Only the Hunter needs to melee to interrupt and is the least survivable of the three.

Add to this the 50% mob health restriction on our ranged corruption removal...

And just so I'm not moaning...

On topic: Pretty much what I think has been said already but I will say this.

1. The Hunter trait-lines need to be distinct and the different stances need to mean something. As things are right now we have traits haphazardly flung across all three lines and only one viable stance. Well they are all viable but Precision is used 99% of the time because of focus generation. I would decouple focus generation from the stances and tie it to the trait-line bonus for four deep, or maybe even the capstone. We would then be able to make choices knowing that focus generation can be normalised across the stances.

2. Distinct purposes - Red = highest damage but relatively immobile and poor threat mitigation (basically what we have now). Blue = moderate reduction in damage dealt but better threat mitigation and increased mobility. Yellow = average damage, CC, Buffs/Debuffs , excellent threat management. No idea what the Yellow would involve really if I'm honest but some utility in instances other then rooting non-adaptive trash would be nice (Barbed Arrow in Yellow can debuff a Boss's inductions for example, or using ISB inspires your fellows for a small morale gain.)

3. Stance/trait synergy. If we trait red and use the 'red stance' i.e. Strength then we get %+dmg increase per red trait used. If you choose another stance you loose this buff. Trait blue and use Precision then you get a %-induction time per blue trait used. Trait yellow and use Endurance you get a %+cc/buff/debuff duration for each yellow trait used. I think this idea would encourage Hunters to trait deep in the trait-lines, but at the same time it leaves it open for some interesting stance dancing with hybrid builds - a 4R/3B build for example could switch between Strength (damage and increased focus for four traits) and Precision (mobility/kiting or threat management at the cost of damage and focus generation) according to the situation.

My 2c

I don't propose to repeat my earlier contribution, however another thought has occurred:

Stealth Level

We used to be able to get to a fairly decent level - then Turbine listned to the creep squeals and it was taken off most of our gear including our main hand weapon.
    I think we should by default have the best level in this game (I dunno +8 or something), think about it we are the only stationary stealth class, we are CAMOUFLAGING ourselves (no one else does that), it has a stupid animation. We should be really hard to spot once we are set up.

Cheers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000137154/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No need to spam track - it's in a tin in the cupboard.

Quick request regarding the revamp for hunters: Please allow us to, if properly traited and right legacies on LIs, to do respectable aoe damage. Right now I'm loving my hunter's aoe damage and would be very sad to see it disappear in a revamp.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

I mean, it would be better if freeps werent OP atm... but yea, all the above ^^
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Agree with all those posts. I can tell from my kin, people get to 85 and start quitting (or playing another char) because seem to be weaker in 85. Comparing range dps dealer to Rune Keeper, people tend to choose Rune Keeper because they both have survival skills and high dps skills while Hunters are not. Therefore, Hunter class need to be re-build
    Nothing is Impossible

The hunter has some major issues:

1) There are VERY few defining characteristics that are selected by the hunter. Ultimately, there are only two flavor changing choices to be made: improved fleetness and trapper line. Any other selections are minutely different play from each other with the niche exception of AoE traited. Unfortunately, yellow line is near universally unused because there are two other classes that have more utility and can perform the same function of CC. Essentially, burgs, sacrifice a measly 5% dps to do it and have an instant cast CC, while LMs require no explanation for their utility. This is not a complaint about the other classes, just explaining the reasoning for blowing up yellow line and completely redoing the play style for that line. I would really REALLY prefer a style of play that's almost far more fast paced than anything currently in LOTRO, closer to the speed of a burg ripping through the crit chain, entirely mobile and based around instant casts, even if it's at the cost of damage, but that's just me. In short I would like a line that is not dependent on inductions, which blue capstone still is.

2) There is no real selection for stances. Strength is complete garbage once you're at level 60 or above PvE. +10% damage that by nature of way PM works isn't a linear benefit. This isn't even +5% 'real world' damage for most level 85 hunters, while extra focus translates linearly with gear. The threat down/power cost from endurance has its applications, but it's not common in today's burst/controlled dps encounters. Ultimately, every hunter has to take precision. Lets be clear, this isn't a request to nerf precision but to make strength scale with gear (+10% damage output instead of PM%). Combine the scaling with the added mobility that focus allows, strength pales even more.

3) No other DPS class has to spend an animation switching stances to lower threat -future-, let alone have no meaningful way of shedding incurred threat, why do we have none of these tools... STILL. This was more of an issue during ToO than current content but if new instances are released that are more contemporary this issue will crop up again.

4) If you're trying to encourage us to stance dance, above and beyond the non-choice of stances, the CD makes it nearly impossible and it being a slow skill makes it insufferable to work with. One of these -has- to go, and it REALLY should be that it's slow. PLEASE... make it instant.

5) [preventative complaint] This one is a request, please make sure hunters are top DPS with champs, the only other class without a desirable other role. I.E. a champ will almost never be asked to main tank a raid and a hunter will almost never be asked to main-support a raid. There is simply no WAY burgs should be routinely out-DPSing a hunter or champ, let alone doing so with 10% less threat passively. [/preventative complaint]

Quote Originally Posted by Thraxz1982 View Post
    2) There is no real selection for stances. Strength is complete garbage once you're at level 60 or above PvE. +10% damage that by nature of way PM works isn't a linear benefit. This isn't even +5% 'real world' damage for most level 85 hunters, while extra focus translates linearly with gear. The threat down/power cost from endurance has its applications, but it's not common in today's burst/controlled dps encounters. Ultimately, every hunter has to take precision. Lets be clear, this isn't a request to nerf precision but to make strength scale with gear (+10% damage output instead of PM%). Combine the scaling with the added mobility that focus allows, strength pales even more.
    Strength stance is a flat +10% to ranged damage, you can open your character sheet and hover over PM to see. The reason it typically results in less DPS is because you have less chance to generate extra focus, however if you have high enough crit rating it's possible to do even more DPS with strength stance in certain situations. It's not a 'useful' stance but it's still not totally obsolete either. That said, I'd still never use S:S over S:P.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

1. Consolidate LI Legacies & Hunter skills
    Legacies: Combine the 3 Critical Rating legacies into 1 Critical Rating legacy.
    Combine the 3 Power reduction legacies into 1 Power reduction legacy
    Skills: Tracking skills, please combine these into 1 skill
    Port skills, please give us a single in game skill that accesses these so we don't have to use plugins

2. Revamp our Legendary capstone skills so that they scale up and give a more powerful benefit.

3. Replace the Secondary Weapon LI with a genuine Hunter Class item Secondary LI.
    Instead of a melee weapon as our Secondary LI it should be a Quiver.

4. Give us a better role in groups. Change our purge poison so that it always affects group members without targeting and without the need to be traited for it. Give us a new skill that adds a benefit to the entire group, possibly dependent on our stances.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Im finally premium status now and can reply here instead of stalking lol.

Anyways I'd like to begin by saying that I started this game a little over a year ago and I have a level 72 Hunter. Its basically my only character and I love it. However as I seem to be leveling up, I'm noticing a huge difference between other characters of around the same level. I do alot of guide reading and what not to make sure my hunter is up to par so its not like I'm a newbie either. I agree to many of the changes proposed here and would like to reiterate on some of them.

Here are the basic ones:

1) combine the 3 tracking skills
    2) change 2nd legendary item to a quiver
    3) induction-less press onwards
    4) combine the above mentioned LI legacies
    5) scale heartseeker...it was fun at level 50 but now its a joke b/c swift bow is a better investment
    6) camoflauge is only useful for trolling at this point...why not make it an ACTUAL skill and give us camoflauge for an extended amount of time?? we are hunters after all...i like to think we are ranger-like as well...also i liked the idea of giving us higher critical rating in camouflage mode because it makes sense

Not so easy ones to get passed but nevertheless need to be changed!:

1) remove hunters art...its so useless
    2) precision stance is the only stance worth using...unless you are in a group where you can use endurance stance (I've learned to pretty much just spam quick shot for a good while for the Tank to get aggro, but this is boring and there should be some skill which allows us to launch an arrow at our teammate which will transfer aggro to him if we are being attacked. We are squishy as it is and this could be a realistic approach to avoiding dying due to aggro issues.)
    3) bow of the righteousness is COMPLETE GARBAGE. seriously why is it called legendary? maybe have it give ICMR as well and have it doubled for critical hits? scale it up ASAP
    4) please do something about the trappers trait line...its beyond useless...create a nice trait like aimed towards helping a group...im beginning to notice how others look down upon hunters whenever group play is needed. other people had good ideas about that (idk perhaps make bards arrow a little more useful? make it cause chaos within an enemy mob or something where they end up in dazes or confused or attacking each other lol :P)
    5) do something about our squishyness!!! create skills that allow us to evade more or something...we are agile ffs!! also why isn't parry able to activate from range? you are expecting hunters to be that close to an enemy to get the agile rejoiner heal? makes no sense.

sorry if the grammar is awful...i was running out of time cya

Quote Originally Posted by Elagon View Post

Similarly, some kind of quickslot panel or keystroke or something to open all the 'Guide to' options and quickly reach them would be helpful. I don't want to take them off the UI quickslot bars because going to your skills list is about four clicks too many.
    Press K to open your skills panel. Then start typing where you want to go (or "guide") and then click which one you want.
    Mains - Sampaguita 100 hobbit mini & Meggie - 100 captain. Army of alts: Lunelleth - 91 hunter/Cwenhild - 62 champ/Euraweth - 58 LM/Eadolwyn - 53 warden/Cinnamum - 30 burg/Ajuga - 26 guard/Idhreneth - 24 RK/Samieth - 6 beorning and Solveij the Pacifist (til she gets drunk) - 71 RK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookdook View Post
    I don't propose to repeat my earlier contribution, however another thought has occurred:

Stealth Level

We used to be able to get to a fairly decent level - then Turbine listned to the creep squeals and it was taken off most of our gear including our main hand weapon.
    I think we should by default have the best level in this game (I dunno +8 or something), think about it we are the only stationary stealth class, we are CAMOUFLAGING ourselves (no one else does that), it has a stupid animation. We should be really hard to spot once we are set up.

Cheers
    Just couldn't let this pass...

I can't recall a SINGLE creep post in all the time I've been on the forums asking for the removal of stealth level from hunter gear.

Here's a more realistic take on what happened: When stat caps were removed, it changed how items were budgeted. Where before, gear was built with the cap in mind leaving bits of item budget left over for nifty utility things like stealth level... now it is always useful to have more of the main stats on items, and so this leftover bit of item budget is just spent on agility/might/will.

Even my Signature is trolling!

My 2 cents.... If you dont ask you dont get!

1. Change our legendary "Class" item to a non dps item so that hunters are not nerfed by having to make a choice between spending points on dps and skills. No other class has to make such a choice.

2. Add bow/crossbow bonus damage to racial trait for dwarf/hobbit hunters so that we such players can acquire bonus damage type on their main weapon.

3. Consolidate induction/focus legacies into single legendary traits.

4. Increase hunters % damage increase on existing legacies.

5. Give hunters bonuses on one-off drops comparable to other classes. (i.e. 16% crit damage on Malledhrim champion boots!!!)

6. Remove focus loss on movement. Champs don't lose fervour so why should we lose focus?
    Last edited by Blister_Burster; May 20 2013 at 02:16 PM.
    NeXus on Snowbourn: Currently recruiting raid ready and available characters.
    Blister: Lvl 65 Champion Blostor: Lvl 65 Hunter Ruthod: Lvl 65 Loremaster
    Trandir: Lvl 65 Runekeeper Handlebar: Lvl 65 Burg Blisty: Lvl 65 Minstrel
    Litter: Lvl 3? Warden Jedweird: Lvl 3? Captain

Talking Undo SwiftBow Nerf

Some good suggestions here to which I have just one to add:

Could the nerf to the 3rd arrow of Swiftbow be un-nerfed back to 100% damage like the first two arrows?

This always seemed like such an unnecessary piece of micro-nerf management to me. Besides, im a perfectionist and like to see symmentry with my crit-devs. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Just couldn't let this pass...

I can't recall a SINGLE creep post in all the time I've been on the forums asking for the removal of stealth level from hunter gear.

Here's a more realistic take on what happened: When stat caps were removed, it changed how items were budgeted. Where before, gear was built with the cap in mind leaving bits of item budget left over for nifty utility things like stealth level... now it is always useful to have more of the main stats on items, and so this leftover bit of item budget is just spent on agility/might/will.
    You are right of course - it was the devs usual casual nefrfing rather than anything from the creep side

I did used to enjoy sitting in stealth while the creep raid trundled by 10 yards away back in SOA days though.
    Anyone care to agrue against the actual proposal that we should have the best stealth level in the game as it's the only one that you have to stand still in?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000137154/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No need to spam track - it's in a tin in the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    There are several things that need to be addressed for hunters.

Stance:
    [list][*]The problem: Precision stance is THE stance to use. It gives focus, it has the highest critical hits and helps you not miss on end-game content. Additional factors to this are all the set bonuses favor this stance such as the moors set for even more focus.
    It no longer affects chance to hit I think, that stuff was remade.

I know this is a bit late but thanks for poking your head out onto the forums Kelsan!

As for my ideas to help the hunter class:

1. Change our main-hand LI to a class LI, like a quiver. As it stands, there are a lot of LI scrolls that we cannot use because they only apply to class items.

2. Please Please Please change or scale or update or whatever our Legendary traits!!! I want to feel like I am getting an awesome special skill by slotting a Legendary trait, instead of standing at a bard deciding which of my Legendary traits are less useless to have slotted.
    a. BOTR - just ridiculous power returns for a Legendary trait. (either make it return more power or possibly morale as well?)
    b. Press Onward - remove the induction and scale it to the current level.
    c. Explosive Arrow is a cool trait but to get it I have to trait 5 nearly useless yellow traits, so see 3

3. A complete overhaul to the yellow trait line, there are maybe two traits in there that I can find that I would ever bother equipping, the rest are a mish-mash of utter fail. I would like to see the yellow line turned into a cohesive cc/debuff trait line. This would greatly help us fulfill our secondary role, and make us much more interesting in a raid or felowship.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c3e40/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

ONE
    SURVIVABILITY - Probably the first class to unravel in a dire situation. Wardens & Champs minimum can regularly solo content I can't duo with a Minstrel for company.

*A heal, an evade response mit buff, a where did that hunter go? skill, something.

TWO
    ROLE - I don't want to hear anymore from any class about how much damage they can do compared to Hunters, make it incomparable. We all know Champs can hit, but they can also take them & they effectively CC by AOE. All 3 light armour classes can put out decent DPS, even if only in bursts (burst are all most fights last for that aren't raid bosses). I want HS to shut them all up for good, ROA needs an up, ISB needs the third tick to be an arrow not a cuddle. Not saying one-shot everything but how can an AOE ent stomp rival an arrow through one heart?

THREE
    CONSUMABLES/LEGACIES - Traps, oils, chants, wash take up too much space. More than that though the c/d on consumable traps pretty much renders them fun fluff for me & I'm not going to go change all my traits to do one quest or one fight. Legacies exist in duplicate in the bows only to take up slots.

Don't care for PVP, revamp for intended content please that isn't always evolving anyway.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Thor11 View Post
    ONE

TWO
    ROLE - I don't want to hear anymore from any class about how much damage they can do compared to Hunters, make it incomparable.
    This. I also don't want to hear anything more about how our awesome range is our protection. I probably wouldn't hear you anyway, what with the Warden screaming in my ear to stay close so his agrro leech or whatever it is can work.

Lets Talk Revamp! Revamping the hunter class more like revamping my account /quit LOTRO and cancel subscription.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Remove every self buff and add the damage to direct DD skills or, even better, to the base damage.

The game is not more fun for clicking more. All that does is cause serious pain (in the long run for all, in the short for me).

If keeping the self buffs for whatever reason - make them all last the same time. Random interval clicks hurts even more because there is no structure or flow or pace or logic.

It is now three or four years since hunter had a year of accidentally being slightly overpowered. It is time to stop punishing the class.

That last bit - imagine me screaming that angrily.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast