We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Make it so that hunters are actually useful in groups.

Being passed over by the kin for a raid, even when on the priority list, because "we need more dps" is not funny week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfers View Post
    2. Give back press onward legendary trait to use in combat and have it give 4k health and power to the hunter, then correctly nerf in combat power regen stats to equal hunters who have stacked max power and use the new press onward as a power refill, offer both in combat regen and max power sets of end game gear.

3. change stances to: low dps hunters can run in str without pulling agro from tanks and get rid of power penalty
    Stacking power on a hunter is unfeasible given the current standardized power pool situation. Putting on more will does nothing for us (it never did, tbh), you'd have to use gear with pure power on it. We do NOT need more power changes. And I never knew anyone who even thought of stacking power/ICPR unless they were soloers, my priorities were always maximum DPS and as much survivability I could put on with it. Power was okay with the skills we had for returns (before U10), but those have now been nerfed under pre-U9 levels, so we not only have lower ICPR but also lower power restores on skills, gg Turbine.

There's also no longer a power penalty on Strength stance.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

So I've read the whole thread and put some thought into this and in my opinion I love my hunter. I miss the days back in the beginning when we were the go to dps class. That was OUR job. Now our being able to survive eeehhhh this gets touchy. We should be able to rock the socks off anyone with our dps which that being said we can't be both super dps AND ultra tough. Guards are ultra tough that is their job. Now do we need help with surviving yes. Especially in the moors. But I don't think we need as much attention paid to that as we do our damage output. I have been playing since lvl 50 was the cap and let me tell you what man have we lost our dps over the years. I have opinions about certain classes being op and should be nerfed but that is a different thread. I don't want to be the ultra badass solo everything hunter I want to be able to do my job, and that is to out dps everyone else. Yes I do believe that some ppl need to stop their whinning and look at their virtues and shut up. There is more than one way to virtue a hunter and a lot of that depends on play style. But at the end of the day a hunter is still supposed to be a hunter. They are supposed to pull out that bow and send an arrow into the heart of a rampaging orc. They are THE dps class and they should have dps. We don't, just plain and simple. Fix our skills to reflect the class and level. There are quite a bit of great ideas here and I hope that some of them get taken seriously and put into affect. Our legendary skills and legacies and such should BE legendary, otherwise don't call them that.

in short:
    Need More DPS!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000237ddd/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by slflew View Post
    I think this falls in line with the 'ranger' idea - ranged dps, melee, heals - which I certainly think would be an interesting class. I'm all for a ranger class, but I'm not sure it's popular with the majority of the hunter crowd.
    I know several hunters (ugh, hunt*** just had to be censored...) who would love this idea, including me. I hate playing the hunter (don't ask me why my hunter is my main...can't find the motivation to level the others) and find it the most simple and uninteresting class in-game. Doing this would make the class a lot more fun and possibly not as simple.

On the power addition: I don't need all this power. It's USELESS! We've been hurt by it A LOT more than helped. I could last so much longer before the update. I'll be lucky if I can even last 3 minutes now. Most LMs on my server don't know how to pass power and think it's all just dps and cc (we'll be lucky if they even do that...). So, with all this extra power, decreased power gain from PO, BotR, and SotE, and increased power costs, I run oop A LOT quicker, with no way to regenerate it but pots, the listed "skills" that hardly regen any power, and my basic power regen.

In response to those of you that think some of the changes that have been suggested would make us op, think RKs. Hell, even LMs can outdps us now!

Btw, is it just me, or did Turbine ignore just about all our suggestions with u10?
    Last edited by Superglow; Apr 09 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    I never existed, glff, I NEVER EXISTED! Please forgive me, Dramalode....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001c0c3a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Superglow View Post
    In response to those of you that think some of the changes that have been suggested would make us op, think RKs. Hell, even LMs can outdps us now!
    lolwut. LMs?..
    RKs i can see getting close, but not over a hunter with same skill lever/gear.

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ _________________

Take your pick:

►Higher base finesse for melee skills. Sucks when they get avoided.

► Scourged barb arrow...nuff said.

►Agile rejoinder be evade gated also(would be easier than giving us move parry per agil)

► Do something about bow of right..even my auto attacks cost more power than that... -.-

►Complete removal of hunters art animation.

►Burnhot/intent can be used on the move(perhaps resolute makes it usable on the move)

►Reduce the super long animations on purge poison/camo and do something about the root.

► Combined crit multiplier legacies

►Barb arrow bleed duration increased

► SKill damage not negated when stunned/dazed as it hit. Ive watched hundreds of BA/PS hit targets before but the damage didn't go through because apparently stuns/dazes are more instant that my instant skill and it puts skill on cd

►Threat books have higher -aggro

►Why is it that burgs(melee class) have ranged interrupt while hunters(ranged) dont?

for those who want:
    on the move inductions, much higher survivability(comparing to champs like ive seen here) while maintaining high dps will not be OP...

on the other hand, good champs,burgs and hunters are prob. on the same level in terms of dps. Then there are those who are above average and will put out more than most people but its a small %

keep in mind that hunters can just plant themselves 15 meters away from boss and pew pew where champs and burgs have to constantly pay attention to that 180/360 attack. Moving=lost dps

as of right now, hunters have great dps.Fully geared might even be top now.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Well Met!

There are some excellent ideas mentioned here, and this thread actually took me several months to read. In fact, reading this thread has kept me from playing my hunter for some time now.

That being said and being eager to return to pay my housing upkeep and seeing the new raid (finally!) I'd like to add my voice to the Cry of the Hunters.

1. Love the idea of removing the legendary melee weapon and replacing it with a quiver in the class slot. I was surpised when this was first released that it was actually a weapon slot. One weapon, one class slot item.

2. Heartseeker. This has become a throb compared to the stroke it once was. Definately needs to be scaled up to reflect current endgame requirements

5. Bow of the Righteous. Definately needs to be upgraded from the Level 50 skill.

Threat transfer in raids/fellowships is also something that every discerning hunter would love to have.

Thanks for listening!
    Grinthalion of Landroval

Author of useful Sindarin phrases for travellers in elf-lands:

"Aniron galenas" = [I]"Would you have any pipeweed?"[/I]
    "Im innas úgar sen galenas ten rhibi!" =[I] "I will not buy this pipeweed, it is scratched[/I]!"
    "Im na alanann gwaur" = [I]"I am no longer infected[/I]"

1. Improve the general damage of the Hunter (especially Heartseeker).

2. Some usefull debuff Skills (also when you are DPS traited).

3. Update the legendary traits. Most of them are nearly useless in a group.
    Orolin Hunter R13 | Carrcharoth Warg R10 | Snoroga Warleader R9 | Thaugil Warleader R8 | Akorodush Blackarrow R8 | Ar Captain R7

Without intending to be sarcastic can I ask if all this 'talking' about the revamp is going to result in any 'talking back' at some point? There's no point in these exercises if all it result in is us being presented with a 'revamp' already set in concrete.

Here are the top items on my wish list.

1. Critical multiplier legacies on bows to be combined into a single legacy with a maximum value of 50%. If it's good enough for champions, it's good enough for us.

2. A ranged corruption removal that is not gated by the target's morale.

3. Merciful Shot to do a lot more damage. It requires 6 focus, target to be under 50% morale, and has a longish cooldown. All of this argues for a LOT more damage on the skill.

4. Heartseeker to scale properly, so it does significantly more damage at level 85.

5. Heartseeker targeting reticle to be removed so creeps don't get warned they are being targeted. This is the stupidest thing ever. Due to this and the preceding issue, I have not used Heartseeker in over 6 months.

6. No warning be given to creeps that they are being tracked. This is the second stupidest thing ever.

7. Bow of the Righteous to scale properly. It should be restoring about double the power it currently is restoring at level 85. It is supposed to be an EPIC trait. If you don't want to increase it, make it a non-epic trait. Furthermore, update 10.1 claims that Bow of the Righteous output was increased, but in-game parses say it just isn't so.

8. Bright Campfire to scale so that it returns morale and power at about 5 times the current rate at level 85. Or, leave it at its current pathetic level but let it be placed and be functional during combat.

9. Do something to Press Onward to make it useful. It is (and has been since beta) so pathetic that I have never traited it.

10. Make Improved Fleetness a toggle, since it is focus neutral. This nonsense of having it generate focus that you then use when it expires to reinstate it is an enormous pain for no reason whatsoever.

11. Fix the power problems generated for us by the grotesque mistake that was update 10.1, which was intended to fix the grotesque mistake that was update 10. It really looks to the customer base like Turbine is stumbling around in the dark with no clear idea of what they are trying to do lately, and it does not engender confidence.

12. Make Desperate Flight usable in all situations. In combat, out of combat, landscape, instances, the Moors, etc. If that means changing what it does to make it more "sporting" in the Moors, then so be it. But I find nothing sporting about Hide in Plain Sight or Disappear, so make those unusable in the Moors if Desperate Flight is not usable.

13. Decouple Hunter's Art from the stances. In my opinion, only the Strength Stance version of Hunter's Art is useful, but I spend 90% of my time in Precision Stance. As a result, Hunter's Art has never even made it to my quick bars, and never will in its current state.

14. Increase the duration of Barbed Arrow and let it stack a few times.

15. Remove the critical hit bonus from Fate and put it back on Agility. Restore the larger ICPR bonus to fate. Essentially, reverse the silly changes in updates 10 and 10.1. This was the third stupidest idea ever.

16. Restore the pre-Isengard mitigation value to medium armor. The hunter is a combatant class that sometimes finds himself in close combat and has skills to do so in a semi-competent manner, so they should be able to stand in combat with an instance boss for a little while. If you don't want to do this, then get rid of all our melee skills and crank up our ranged DPS by a significant amount (25% maybe?). What is the point of having melee skills if you get one- or two-shot when you try to use them (in a raid situation)?

There are literally dozens of other things that I might like to see changed, but if the above items were dealt with, I would be a happy camper.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000037999/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Without intending to be sarcastic can I ask if all this 'talking' about the revamp is going to result in any 'talking back' at some point? There's no point in these exercises if all it result in is us being presented with a 'revamp' already set in concrete.
    I have to echo Kongas' concern here. This thread was started by Kelsan almost 2 months ago. Since then, many suggestions have been made, and Kelsan has not commented, or even acknowledged that he has read the suggestions and is thinking about them. For all I know, Kelsan might not even be the hunter developer any more. I get the distinct impression that we are, once again, being ignored. How much would it cost for Kelsan, if he still exists, to post a message each week along the lines of, "I see some interesting ideas. Keep them coming. In about x more weeks, I will be posting what we propose to do in the revamp, which we can then discuss"?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000037999/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    I have to echo Kongas' concern here. This thread was started by Kelsan almost 2 months ago. Since then, many suggestions have been made, and Kelsan has not commented, or even acknowledged that he has read the suggestions and is thinking about them. For all I know, Kelsan might not even be the hunter developer any more. I get the distinct impression that we are, once again, being ignored. How much would it cost for Kelsan, if he still exists, to post a message each week along the lines of, "I see some interesting ideas. Keep them coming. In about x more weeks, I will be posting what we propose to do in the revamp, which we can then discuss"?
    I have to agree with you too, even though turbine is probably very busy the developers (or at least the ones who make content, like classes or areas) should be able to spend at least 5 minutes a day (or even a week if you think once a day is too much) reading the forums and then spend another 5 making one good short/long post to let us know that they care about the people who keep their company running.

There are plenty of people here who probably have little free time outside of work but still are able to read the forums and make a few good posts, and it isn't even their job to keep the game running.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

I think you guys are being a little unfair to be honest. This thread was first started 6 weeks ago, with Kelsan's last post being 3 weeks ago. Considering how long it had been prior to that since we had a blue name post in the hunters forum I'll settle for that.
    Give the guy a chance, he did say he was continuing to monitor the thread and made some fairly promising comments about the type of revamp he was looking at.
    Obviously we'd all like the devs to be a little more communicative, but considering how neglected we were by the previous hunter dev I think this guy is showing some real promise, time will tell.

Sadly, I know it's probably far too late to do anything about it, but I think it would be stupendous if the devs converted our class LI into a proper class item, a QUIVER. Then we can have some base stats dependent on age; 1st, 2nd or 3rd, like EVERY OTHER class (apart from those pesky wardens) get. Failing that, put passive stats on our bows, every other 2 handed item in the game has passives on it, so why not our bows, come on devs play nice

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

Thanks for actually asking for our feedback and suggestions. It is my hope that the hunter can be returned to at least a moderate version of what they one were before Moria. I completely agree with others who have already explained that our survivability is abysmal in groups. I have learned how to, but I really dislike that I cannot do what I once did, even with the best of tanks in the lead (on that see below).

Having read the entire thread to this point, I would ask also:

1. please consolidate legacies for bow and add passive stats to our bows; other classes receives this benefit on their LIs and we do not.
    2. please remove Bard's Arrow from legendary trait line
    3. please scale properly all heal/power heal skills for lvl85; currently they are useless - as is Heartseeker over lvl50...

4. This last may seem silly to some but it is most important Imho: please communicate your plans for hunter with the GUARDIAN DEVELOPER in particular; any changes made to our dps always result in hunters having to reinvent the wheel with our "aggro dance" in raids with guards. It is my hope there will be proper consideration given to guard threat generation skills/balance in relation to hunter max dps output. With wardens given their special talents this seems rarely an issue but is a frequent one with guards, which typically results in QQ that hunters are "huntards" and must "l2p," or that guards are "bad tanks if they can't hold aggro." Untrue in both cases. Our skills should be top line single target dps, yes? but they must also be scaled in direct proportion with guard threat generation skills so that they are not out of whack. There have been plenty of threads in guard forums about this concern; please read some of them and keep that side of the dynamic in mind. Many of us want to raid again and be a viable choice for dps in raids. Aside from all the aforementioned in this thread, we will not reach that place unless collaboration with devs on our raid role is taken into account.

Thank you for considering all our information.

Quote Originally Posted by Souldan View Post

4. This last may seem silly to some but it is most important Imho: please communicate your plans for hunter with the GUARDIAN DEVELOPER in particular; any changes made to our dps always result in hunters having to reinvent the wheel with our "aggro dance" in raids with guards.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Wow, someone's upset. I'm afraid I'm not the one acting like a two year old here.

I'm not even going to go into the nonsense you're spouting off about 'my l2p issues' and all that stuff I obviously said about having trouble playing (despite my two-sentence long post simply asking your playstyle, I can't figure out where your tirade about focus is coming from). I doubt I'd have multiple T2 and T2C completions, both in the new instances and many, many older ones when they released, if I needed to 'l2p'. I've been playing the class for five years and have seen all the changes that it has gone through and adjusted to each and performed better than most, despite many of them being negative to us, and will continue to do so, but wouldn't it be nice if we weren't having to function with so much neglect from devs?

E-peen flexing aside, the point here is to look for ways to IMPROVE the class, not backtrack. If you don't see why hunters are in a bad spot, then you clearly are doing things that don't make it so apparent, which being a raid baby and backseat hunter is usually one of those things. If you play PvMP, run challenging content that truly forces you to push your character to the limit, then it becomes very apparent we could be better in many ways. A good hunter doesn't just 'make it by'.

And to your previous post, hunters are definitely the top single-target DPS still, no changes needed there.

No one said we needed focus on the move, if we wanted that, then just take focus out altogether because it would be pretty much pointless if we could return it without inductions. Focus changes aren't even remotely what people are asking for. I definitely didn't bring this topic up, so, take your own advice, and I quote:

What we do need is to remove all the stupid and debilitating animations that effectively give us a root/stun effect, fix broken/outdated/useless legendaries (press onward and bow of the righteous.. seriously), give us a useful third trait line, and at least give us our pre-RoI mits back so we're not squishier than most light armor classes even. Combine legacies, tracking skills, etc. Give us FEASIBLE ways to defend ourselves (just like hmm.. I don't know, every single other class has?), besides that ridiculous bubble, there are MANY, MANY instances where hunters are in positions where healers/tanks can't get to them fast enough (Smaug T2, for example). Keyword: HOUSEKEEPING. We're an out of date class, we need to be updated.
    I really don't get it. I made two points in my post. You disagreed with it and claimed I was wrong. I qsk you to tell me why I am wrong and you respond that I was right. You still didn't address either point other than claiming that no one asked for one(and I can point out where it was requested, so lol @ that).

The majority of your post has nothing to do with what I said. Do your posts really make sense to you?
    Last edited by Cirgellon; Apr 11 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Stahp. You guys suck at arguing anyways

I want a flying lazer shark
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    lolwut. LMs?..
    RKs i can see getting close, but not over a hunter with same skill lever/gear.
    Like I've said, a lot of lms suck, but I've seen some really good lms (all fully geared, 1st ages and everything) that can outdps a lot of hunters I've seen. RKs can outdps a hunter pretty easily.
    I never existed, glff, I NEVER EXISTED! Please forgive me, Dramalode....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001c0c3a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Superglow View Post
    Like I've said, a lot of lms suck, but I've seen some really good lms (all fully geared, 1st ages and everything) that can outdps a lot of hunters I've seen. RKs can outdps a hunter pretty easily.
    I agree. I was just in a group this morning and a LM with near-perfect gear (including two first agers) was at least equaling my dps if not exceeding it.

I've seen a similar thing happen with a dps-speced warden with near perfect gear and two first agers.

I only have two second agers, I think that's what's holding me back.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

So... Kelsan...... where be those details?

I have more than a few suggestions, but limited time at the moment so I will keep it to the following:

- Please make an "Improved Tracking" skill where the current 3 are combined into one at a certain level.
    To me this just makes sense for realism, efficiency and so on

- The Hunter skill "Purge Poison" cannot be activated at times if targeting someone else and/or if I have my bags open.
    This has a very noticeable negative effect in PvMP.

- Comparatively speaking there are too many skills that Hunters cannot use while moving and/or facing our target..
    This makes sense to me, but If we are required to be motionless (significant PvMP disadvantage) for most of our skills while others are not, perhaps make the risk vs reward of being so comparatively more lucrative/devastating etc.

- I agree with what I have seen many others say here...Make the legendary "Press Onward" more legendary by removing the induction and scaling it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagDiv View Post
    - Please make an "Improved Tracking" skill where the current 3 are combined into one at a certain level. To me this just makes sense for realism, efficiency and so on

- The Hunter skill "Purge Poison" cannot be activated at times if targeting someone else and/or if I have my bags open.
    This has a very noticeable negative effect in PvMP.

I would fully agree with conflating the three tracking skills into one. In one sense, I don't mind if they are separate skills or not but where I would appreciate some help is with the number of UI quickslots I have. By the time you have all the 'Guide to...' skills slotted (if you do), your combat skills, a few potions and a bit of food, there ain't much left and I'm now reaching the point with each new skill or 'Guide to' option of trying to work out what I don't need. Reducing the tracking from three to one would help that enormously.

Similarly, some kind of quickslot panel or keystroke or something to open all the 'Guide to' options and quickly reach them would be helpful. I don't want to take them off the UI quickslot bars because going to your skills list is about four clicks too many. An easier way to handle all that for hunters would be ideal.

Finally, not sure what the 'Purge Poison' is doing for you. I find if I'm targetting someone else, I can cure their poison. Bags open or not makes no difference. Bug for you possibly?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000796da/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Elagon View Post
    I would fully agree with conflating the three tracking skills into one. In one sense, I don't mind if they are separate skills or not but where I would appreciate some help is with the number of UI quickslots I have. By the time you have all the 'Guide to...' skills slotted (if you do), your combat skills, a few potions and a bit of food, there ain't much left and I'm now reaching the point with each new skill or 'Guide to' option of trying to work out what I don't need. Reducing the tracking from three to one would help that enormously.

Similarly, some kind of quickslot panel or keystroke or something to open all the 'Guide to' options and quickly reach them would be helpful. I don't want to take them off the UI quickslot bars because going to your skills list is about four clicks too many. An easier way to handle all that for hunters would be ideal.

Finally, not sure what the 'Purge Poison' is doing for you. I find if I'm targetting someone else, I can cure their poison. Bags open or not makes no difference. Bug for you possibly?
    I know what you mean but there are good plug-ins to help you cope. I use something called 'Wheel' to add the tracking skills to an on-screen icon I can scroll with the mouse-wheel (you can set up wheels for a lot of stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elagon View Post
    Very simple solution- download and install the Travel plugin. It works wonderfully to pull all of your travel skills- guides, maps, houses, rep ports, etc., into one simple to use location and clear out the quickbar spaces. Quick download, easy install, and it works. It's over at lotrointerface.com
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Quote Originally Posted by sirwillow View Post
    Very simple solution- download and install the Travel plugin. It works wonderfully to pull all of your travel skills- guides, maps, houses, rep ports, etc., into one simple to use location and clear out the quickbar spaces. Quick download, easy install, and it works. It's over at lotrointerface.com
    I second this. Very useful.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast