We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Eastemnet Crafting Tools

I wish to express my disappointment in the Tier 8 crafting tools. 30 levels after the previous available crafting tool, we need too many Tarnished Crests for Metalsmith Journals, crafting the actual Crafting Tool only to arrive at a product (twice!) that is only 1 % better in Scholar and Weaponsmith crit chance and the same time for Farming. The crit for Crafting Tools is not balanced, imo, to the actual reward.

It used to be a couple of Mithril Flakes, now it's low chance Crests and more Crests for Journals for making the Tool...the odds are not fair now that the resources are more difficult than before.

Anybody else making Tier 8 Tools and feeling ripped off?

Most people will use the guild recipes for the tools to avoid using journals. They had to reduce the increase in crit-chance, else we would get to 100% soon (with scrolls we're already at 80%+ for normal items).

For those who are not GM with the Metalsmith Guild...

Do you think it's fair to assemble all the above and fail? Twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    For those who are not GM with the Metalsmith Guild...

Do you think it's fair to assemble all the above and fail? Twice?
    I still find it fair. Tarnished Crests (for me, at least) are far more common, due to their ability to come from not only Prospector nodes (the only node Moria flakes came from) but also scholar nodes, wood nodes, and crop fields. Additionally, instead of having to also find the journal recipe (which could be more difficult than finding the actual tools) all you have to do is buy it.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was an increase of 2% (only 1% for non-crit) but I could be wrong.

Well, I wasn't around when Moria was end-game, so I can't compare the availability of Rohan Crests and Mithril Flakes at their respective end-game. That it's easy to get Mithril Flakes today is obvious. Anyway, you can clearly see upfront what materials you need and what kind of upgrade you will/can get, it's not like they hide the high price/small reward from you.

I'd more complain about the journals in general needing special items, and the higher tier variants having reputation gated recipes.

Since the [Universal Toolkit] was added to the store with 20% crit chance for 150TP that can be used for all crafting professions and at all levels, I doubt if any metalsmith will bother making them toi sell them. Why bother when for 150TPs someone gets a tool that if they don't like the profession they chose, they can switch and not have to hunt for a new tool on a level 1 character

Good points, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post
    Since the [Universal Toolkit] was added to the store with 20% crit chance for 150TP that can be used for all crafting professions and at all levels, I doubt if any metalsmith will bother making them toi sell them. Why bother when for 150TPs someone gets a tool that if they don't like the profession they chose, they can switch and not have to hunt for a new tool on a level 1 character
    He´s talking about the level80 tools. By then you should have decided which profession is the right one for you

And people will always bother because 2% extra crit chance is 2% extra crit chance stays 2% extra crit chance. Besides, one can usually farm lets say 50gold for a tool faster than 150TP.

Yes the extra % matters to me!
    I am a bit of a purist when it comes to making things in-game, so I wanted tools that I actually made. The problem was/is that my metalsmith is an alt, 31 or so, and has completed all tiers of metalsmith but is master of tailor guild. He can make me the nice crafted 85 light armour (Eomir? sorry not in game) using the Tokens, etc., but when it comes to making a set of tools (I want only the supreme version), it's a total gamble.

What with making journals, using lots of tokens, I just wish it wasn't such a pain just to gain a couple more % after 30 levels of using the 55 ancient tools.

I am lucky to have gathered about 15 tokens total. They were great for my main's 85 armour, I can switch pieces out for the Hytbold pieces, etc.

Then the last 3 tokens get eaten up by just trying for a better set of tools.

Sucks to be me