We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hullo

Hullo

Long time no see! I am going to play again because this game is fun despite some of its shortcomings. I have a few questions, though.

Do you still have to PvE to get the best gear for PvP?
    Is the activity level decent in PvP? (meaning pretty bad unless a raid's out on one side then you try to fight it with rag-tag groups or pick people off until someone forms a raid)
    Any major changes in mechanics in the game? i.e. speed of skills going off, the instant skill interrupting animations, or other changes to how characters are played? UI?

Thanks, looking forward to using a ridiculously OP class to stealth around and assassinate people (and getting killed myself).

Download is taking a while, but I'll see you guys later!

Leveling sucks T_T
    glhf

-Harrm
    The Innocuous Burg

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000e8358/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh lawd.
    [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/midorinotori/signature2_zps1b4487ac.jpg[/IMG]

Get Ed off my SC2 account to level with you!

Do you still have to PvE to get the best gear for PvP?
    No. PVP gear is required now as it has a new stat called Audacity which reduces incoming dmg up to 30% and CC by 50% and is acquired thru pvmp'ing. However, the gear is terrible in comparison to our pve gear so don't get excited. Think of audacity as a gating mechanic similar to that of radiance.

Is the activity level decent in PvP? (meaning pretty bad unless a raid's out on one side then you try to fight it with rag-tag
    groups or pick people off until someone forms a raid)

As you know, Creeps have more numbers and form groups more often so there is a daily red-map GV camp for hours on end til' later in the night.

Any major changes in mechanics in the game? i.e. speed of skills going off, the instant skill interrupting animations, or other changes to how characters are played? UI?
    Virtues cap at 16 now.
    Legendary items now have 3 slots for 'star-lit crystals' to MARGINALLY boost the dmg (like 0.7% each &&&).
    Mounted combat at lvl 75+ (it's not as cool as it sounds, it isn't a game changer sadly)
    If you're gonna pvp, definitely get the pvmp+ plugin..

As for the current state of PVP in U9, it is imba favoring the creeps. Only the ez-moding, p2w, fotm, flip-flopping raid babies will argue against it. Things were much different at 65. The most noticeable would be:

- Outposts now give ~10% phys/tact mastery per OP, which means the side with the greater number will hold them giving them even more of an edge. Normally, try to keep it 2:2.

- Keeps except TA will auto-flip to the other faction if left alone for too long, although both sides can agree TR flips far more often than Lugz meaning gv camp

- Renown gain has more than doubled since 65. a solo kill will give you between 130 to 250 to 400 depending on your sides' bonuses.

- EC and OC as you knew it are gone. New EC is at what you knew as Lug rez, and new OC is at what you knew as TR rez. The new Lug rez is just south of the new EC and the new TR rez is on candy mountain.

- Creeps have an out-of-combat run speed to compliment their heavenly maps. It's called march, +25% run speed cannot evade parry block. It's a 1 sec induction that can be done on the move (&&&), in water and in keeps. Horses are no longer allowed in keeps besides OR. You can't even approach the side of a keep without getting dismounted.

- Creep rank means nothing. Creeps may buy all their previously rank-gated skills from the Turbine Store, or with sigils that are easily acquirable. I'd argue ~75% of creeps buy their skills. R5s w/ R14-15 gated skills is common place and to be expected (defilers, spiders, WLs especially) so watch whom you gank. Because of this, you as a burglar will NOT win a 1v1 against an above average defiler, spider or warg with store bought skills unless you get a solid gank on them or they have low or no audacity. Defilers will leave you power less in 10 seconds, spiders will just straight troll you and wargs will get you to 0 morale first (even if you use TnG).

- Creeps have the small chance to loot from an NPC a lootbox which can contain a very controversial, soon-to-be-removed? 'Mordirith Brand', an in-combat 1-minute immunity brand on it's own 5 minute CD that doesn't require rank 15.
    **Creeps will QQ saying it's rare, yet a third of the active creep population has them and on increased % lootbox drop weekends, like right now, raids of creeps will farm HH and acquire a lot of them.
    **Creeps will QQ saying it's the counter to LM stun immunity, yet the MB gives full immunity to slows, fears and disarms which SI does not, and there are more Mordirith brands than there are LMs who step foot in the moors let alone having a pocket LM wherever you go.
    **Aneela will post saying 'quit QQing'

- There are a few agreed upon (huehue) imba creep skills that caused a Flavor the month class thus hordes of them out there, the spider and defilers right now, that lead freeps to call creeps OP (myself included), namely: Defiler's flies and Spider's toxic carapace. You'll experience both shortly after stepping foot out of GV.

Personally, I feel there are others such as catch prey, burrow full-heal, BA dps, WL mits. all of this in conjunction with that MB every 5 minutes makes solo and small group freeping painfully one-sided assuming the opposition is remotely competent.

Heard you made 1v1 masters ? gj :]
    Last edited by Alch57; Feb 24 2013 at 08:27 PM.
    [center][b][size=3]Alch - Willhealforloot - Fulmetal - Willstealyourloot[/size][/b]

[I][size=1][color=#3333]...you'll never know what it's like, spending your whole life in a dream...[/color][/size][/I][/center]

Yeah, I'm trying to get Ed to level with me ^^.

Sounds interesting...
    -MB sounds really imbalanced & 5 min cd?! o,o
    -Changes to geography are questionable, I don't think I'm a fan of the camps being close to rezzes since it gives a camp somewhere to fall back to just like the old OC - lug rez situation which was probably my least favorite spot during camping times.
    -virtues 16 kill me now i won't do it
    -outpost buffs good and bad but overall bad unless pops are pretty balanced i think
    -I took at look at renown rankings and gain for people I know has gone way down overall- I thought ppl would be sky high since I've been gone 1.5 yrs, wow, even with more gain eh.
    -Pay to win buying all ranked skills? That's pretty sad, but can freeps do the same? I mean at least then it's fair - p2w for both. Honestly I would prefer everyone to have maxed everything then u can just play and have fun instead of worrying about stats, gear, etc but this is an MMO.
    -I seriously doubt there are any more competent people playing than before, buncha bronzies! I'm guessing with maxed stuff burg is still one of the top 1v1 classes, but we'll see.

Yeah 1v1 masters isn't that bad, high masters/gm would be my next goal and that just takes way too much practice and is hard on the hands/arms; playing this game can only make me worse, but this game is also less frustrating since 1 second mistakes don't ruin the game :P.

Thanks for all that, Alch!
    The minute you believe you're superior to anyone is the moment you open yourself to a crippling weakness.

LOL!

I should say, Burgs have fallen by the wayside these last few expansions. Mainly in the defense department. With Finesse, changes to Tactical/Physical skills, and some new creep skills, T&G and KO will no longer give you any sort protection against uneven odds. They have no effect against spider skills at all. Medium armor classes also got screwed with the mitigation changes. Burglars and Hunters are the only classes that have a nearly impossible time reaching their mitigation caps, combined with inherently low morale, you're going to have to play a Burg like a Burg and not like a demi-god like you're used to. Burgs can be just as easy targets as RKs, especially in RvR situations. AND THEN you'll have to get used to "You feel as though you're being followed..." every 30 seconds. I'm guessing half of Turbine's store profit comes from trackers.

That being said, the new gear with Update 10 and the change to crit rating should give Burgs back their bite but you'll still have to play it careful. Burglars are easily the squishiest class out there a long side Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    LOL!

I should say, Burgs have fallen by the wayside these last few expansions. Mainly in the defense department. With Finesse, changes to Tactical/Physical skills, and some new creep skills, T&G and KO will no longer give you any sort protection against uneven odds. They have no effect against spider skills at all. Medium armor classes also got screwed with the mitigation changes. Burglars and Hunters are the only classes that have a nearly impossible time reaching their mitigation caps, combined with inherently low morale, you're going to have to play a Burg like a Burg and not like a demi-god like you're used to. Burgs can be just as easy targets as RKs, especially in RvR situations. AND THEN you'll have to get used to "You feel as though you're being followed..." every 30 seconds. I'm guessing half of Turbine's store profit comes from trackers.

That being said, the new gear with Update 10 and the change to crit rating should give Burgs back their bite but you'll still have to play it careful. Burglars are easily the squishiest class out there a long side Hunters.
    Do you have a max burg with max gear- jw b/c that'd be needed for an accurate account of how you do out there? I'm going to remain skeptical about being UP in the moors until I try it out for myself, but thanks for the info. Just checking on the burg section there seem to be people who say they can handle anything 1v1 except spiders. They were always the hardest, the people that played them closest to optimally don't play anymore though so it won't be that bad I think. The power of the burg when I played it was it's ability to quickly burst health in chunks, I don't mind being fragile as long as I can burst still, that's the fun part. If we're actually balanced now, TnG and KO are still pretty robustly OP. KO doesn't reduce tactical or something so spider dmg isn't affected? Spiders will be the anti-burg then with dots and with the only trick we can use on them being hips, seems hard. Creeps can't buy high rank mitigations can they? That makes a huge difference, people thought high ranked wargs were better than they actually were b/c of all those mitigations, makes all creeps a pain in the &&&& if they're bpe'ing every other attack zzzz
    The Innocuous Burg

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000e8358/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My burg has pretty much max gear, with average virtues (8-14 range) as I'm too lazy to grind them. I sit at 9.2K morale, 3.2K power, with 2400ish agility. My burg is Asteris, if you want to look me up on the site. I'm assuming you're going 5r/1b/1y, so you'll want the moors unseen set. Most of the gear is obtainable with limited pve, though if you're unlucky you can easily spend countless hours farming instances for nothing. As previously posted, med armor classes have the worst mitigations at the moment, expect no more than 40% fully buffed. Burst dps is still high if you have a good rotation, and addle still interrupts the animation of flashing blades and ss from stealth, though now has a 10s cd with the legacy maxed, so is slightly less useful. Creeps morale pools are in the 15-20K for squishies, and 20-30K for heavies. Creeps also get an incoming healing bonus, scaled 0-40% by rank. Combined with the mordirith's brand, all this means you aren't going to kill a healer by yourself, and it's doubtful you'll do anything to a creep if there's a remotely competent one around. Finesse severely impacted the effectiveness of tng, though it is still good vs reavers and flayer wargs. I haven't seen many 1v1s lately, though I'm usually not on during prime hours. In my experience, and assuming no cds/consumables used, I can take almost any warg, reavers up to r10 that don't use wrath(on a good day), spiders that aren't very good/high rank, no p2w defilers unless they're really bad, no decent wls, and most bas.

Also, have fun leveling in rohan, mounted combat sucks. I suggest tomes of extraordinary experience, they make an otherwise excruciating experience merely painful.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but the main point is you'll do solid burst damage, be extremely squishy, and have more power problems than any other class. Your cc is also seriously nerfed. All told, it's still my favorite class to pvp on.

PS- Yes Eldreith, I like my walls of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkey View Post
    My burg has pretty much max gear, with average virtues (8-14 range) as I'm too lazy to grind them. I sit at 9.2K morale, 3.2K power, with 2400ish agility. ...Creeps morale pools are in the 15-20K for squishies, and 20-30K for heavies. Creeps also get an incoming healing bonus, scaled 0-40% by rank.
    Wow, does the best geared burg sit more than 10k? I can't see much any fight being fair unless our DPS is insane 10k hp vs a heavy with 20-30k, that's nuts. When I played I was something like 7k I think, and the high ranked reavers/wls and such were 10-11.5 or something, so after a good SS and a few hits we'd be at least moderately close, and then it becomes a DPS race which was pretty even assuming stun potted. With that large a health pool advantage it seems like they really crafted the creeps for longer duration raid fighting where damage taken is from multiple foes; T_T
    The minute you believe you're superior to anyone is the moment you open yourself to a crippling weakness.