Get Ed off my SC2 account to level with you!
Do you still have to PvE to get the best gear for PvP?
No. PVP gear is required now as it has a new stat called Audacity which reduces incoming dmg up to 30% and CC by 50% and is acquired thru pvmp'ing. However, the gear is terrible in comparison to our pve gear so don't get excited. Think of audacity as a gating mechanic similar to that of radiance.
Is the activity level decent in PvP? (meaning pretty bad unless a raid's out on one side then you try to fight it with rag-tag
groups or pick people off until someone forms a raid)
As you know, Creeps have more numbers and form groups more often so there is a daily red-map GV camp for hours on end til' later in the night.
Any major changes in mechanics in the game? i.e. speed of skills going off, the instant skill interrupting animations, or other changes to how characters are played? UI?
Virtues cap at 16 now.
Legendary items now have 3 slots for 'star-lit crystals' to MARGINALLY boost the dmg (like 0.7% each &&&).
Mounted combat at lvl 75+ (it's not as cool as it sounds, it isn't a game changer sadly)
If you're gonna pvp, definitely get the pvmp+ plugin..
As for the current state of PVP in U9, it is imba favoring the creeps. Only the ez-moding, p2w, fotm, flip-flopping raid babies will argue against it. Things were much different at 65. The most noticeable would be:
- Outposts now give ~10% phys/tact mastery per OP, which means the side with the greater number will hold them giving them even more of an edge. Normally, try to keep it 2:2.
- Keeps except TA will auto-flip to the other faction if left alone for too long, although both sides can agree TR flips far more often than Lugz meaning gv camp
- Renown gain has more than doubled since 65. a solo kill will give you between 130 to 250 to 400 depending on your sides' bonuses.
- EC and OC as you knew it are gone. New EC is at what you knew as Lug rez, and new OC is at what you knew as TR rez. The new Lug rez is just south of the new EC and the new TR rez is on candy mountain.
- Creeps have an out-of-combat run speed to compliment their heavenly maps. It's called march, +25% run speed cannot evade parry block. It's a 1 sec induction that can be done on the move (&&&), in water and in keeps. Horses are no longer allowed in keeps besides OR. You can't even approach the side of a keep without getting dismounted.
- Creep rank means nothing. Creeps may buy all their previously rank-gated skills from the Turbine Store, or with sigils that are easily acquirable. I'd argue ~75% of creeps buy their skills. R5s w/ R14-15 gated skills is common place and to be expected (defilers, spiders, WLs especially) so watch whom you gank. Because of this, you as a burglar will NOT win a 1v1 against an above average defiler, spider or warg with store bought skills unless you get a solid gank on them or they have low or no audacity. Defilers will leave you power less in 10 seconds, spiders will just straight troll you and wargs will get you to 0 morale first (even if you use TnG).
- Creeps have the small chance to loot from an NPC a lootbox which can contain a very controversial, soon-to-be-removed? 'Mordirith Brand', an in-combat 1-minute immunity brand on it's own 5 minute CD that doesn't require rank 15.
**Creeps will QQ saying it's rare, yet a third of the active creep population has them and on increased % lootbox drop weekends, like right now, raids of creeps will farm HH and acquire a lot of them.
**Creeps will QQ saying it's the counter to LM stun immunity, yet the MB gives full immunity to slows, fears and disarms which SI does not, and there are more Mordirith brands than there are LMs who step foot in the moors let alone having a pocket LM wherever you go.
**Aneela will post saying 'quit QQing'
- There are a few agreed upon (huehue) imba creep skills that caused a Flavor the month class thus hordes of them out there, the spider and defilers right now, that lead freeps to call creeps OP (myself included), namely: Defiler's flies and Spider's toxic carapace. You'll experience both shortly after stepping foot out of GV.
Personally, I feel there are others such as catch prey, burrow full-heal, BA dps, WL mits. all of this in conjunction with that MB every 5 minutes makes solo and small group freeping painfully one-sided assuming the opposition is remotely competent.
Heard you made 1v1 masters ? gj :]
Last edited by Alch57; Feb 24 2013 at 08:27 PM.
[center][b][size=3]Alch - Willhealforloot - Fulmetal - Willstealyourloot[/size][/b]
[I][size=1][color=#3333]...you'll never know what it's like, spending your whole life in a dream...[/color][/size][/I][/center]