We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Fashion Week] Superb Steed Soiree, March 16th, 6-8pm servertime, RP event

The Children of Arda would like to invite the most fashion-conscious members of the Free Peoples to take part in their Superb Steed Soiree!

Whether you are a dwarf eager to show off your mithril armor together with the silky grey coat of your goat, a hobbit who has just found the perfect hat to go with the cute blanket on your pony, or a man or elf with the perfect robe to go with your horse's armor, Gwyndir the Fashionable and Ellonur the Most Amazing and Gorgeous shall judge the outfits and mounts of all those gathered.

If you are a great warrior or explorer who has managed to acquire one of the magnificent War-steeds of Rohan, we would be delighted to have you and your steed as well! Riders of War-steeds shall be judged in a different category, and we hope to see a diverse and colorful turn-out!

Please be aware that this is an RP event, and that the judges and many of those gathered will be in-character.

Time and date of the event: March 16th, 6-8pm servertime (type /servertime in chat to see the servertime displayed)
    Place: The racetrack in the Shire, between Michel Delving and the Homesteads
    Categories to be judged: "Best Normal Steed" (horse, pony, goat) and "Best War-steed"
    Characters to contact in-game in case you have any questions: Ellonur, Helegwen, Bainith
    Last edited by Esteiel; Feb 28 2013 at 04:51 AM.
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

What a great idea for an event! I'll make sure to be there if I can!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Thumbs up

I'll be there if I can just for the fun since I have no expectations as a newcomer to the hilarious world of cosmetics and steed collecting

Oh, the RP shouldn't pose a problem since I'm a "light RP'er" myself...

Love it! There will absolutely be some Knights there
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000dd679/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R7 Champion- Vladimar| R6 Blackarrow- Truebow
    "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

I will try to make it myself, maybe bring a some kinsmen with me. I personally love this idea, so as long as I can get my computer up and running fine, as well as lotro, you can expect to see me there.

~Kael

I just saw that despite editing apparently the title of a post stays unchanged, so my apologies - we moved the event to March the 16th, as the Fashion Week was moved a week back.

We hope to see you all on your horses, ponies, goats and warsteeds at the racetrack in the Shire next Saturday! Riders of dragons and/or fell beasts will unfortunately not be judged at this event.
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

We can now announce our prizes - the first three places in each category will win the following:

1st Place: 1000 TP and a cosmetic circlet
    2nd Place: 500 TP and 1 Soldier on the Landscape Token
    3rd Place: 1 Soldier on the Landscape Token and a Cremello or Perlino Steed

After the event is ended, there will be a horse parade through the Shire to the Methel Stage, where the Hobbits and Tiaras: Mr. and Miss Shire 2013 will take place at 9pm servertime.

We look forward to seeing lots of fabulous members of the Free Peoples on their equally fabulous horses tomorrow! \o/

It was a great event - thanks so much for organizing it!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Smile

Sorry for my leaky memory (seemingly deserving of the now game-breaking memory leak) that I confused the order of the events and logged in too late to totally miss this one. I'm sure it was marvellous though

Thank you to everyone who came and made this such a fun event! We all enjoyed ourselves a lot - it was wonderful to see all the great costumes and the beautiful horses!

Congrats again to our amazing winners Valanyonnen, Tugillion, Galadhloth, Sairahiniel, Nandile and Ningannel! \o/