We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: 2k+ Agility

2k+ Agility

OK, I need some help reaching that goal. I am currently working on my Hytbold Set as well as my Precision set of PvP armor, outside of those, is there any non raid jewelry that will allow me to hit that range? And with the upcoming changes to AGI and Fate in Up 10 is it even worth trying to do that now?

I am assuming the Critted crafted Jewelry from RoR, but should I just start trying to stack fate?
    Last edited by DarianDelFord; Feb 24 2013 at 01:46 PM.

the level 80 red agate earings give great agi stats. also those former prisoner rings are dirt cheep and great filler till you can get teals. also dont forget about those limlight 122 agi bracelets. i still havent seen anything yet on AH thats better. and iirc they only take friend rep to get. i broke the 2k cap without really trying!

Quote Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
    the level 80 red agate earings give great agi stats. also those former prisoner rings are dirt cheep and great filler till you can get teals. also dont forget about those limlight 122 agi bracelets. i still havent seen anything yet on AH thats better. and iirc they only take friend rep to get. i broke the 2k cap without really trying!
    Bolded and underlined is solid advice. Thats 4 pieces of gear right there, you shouldnt have many issues finding a jeweler on your server who can craft you eomer necklace and rings (you'll need crests though). You should be able to hit 2k pretty quickly, just focus on your armor sets though thats a big slog. but the 4 listed above should be able to be done quickly.

So, for those of us who don't have GR content, the Eomer jewelry, and the L80 Red agates earrings are the best? Just hitting this stage myself.

Macha, the 80 red agate stuff is a decent stop gap, but all the best easily obtainable non-Anduin jewellery is from skirm raids - which you could be joining from level 82 onwards and make a decent contribution. Don't spend time and effort on crafted Eomer stuff as it is often inferior to skraid jewellery. Personally I avoid anything with raw morale like the plague when I could be having some vit instead. http://my.lotro.com/home/character/snowbourn/aedfrith/ <- my 800+ vit has saved my life more times than I can think.

Some examples of decent jewellery along with where they drop:

Wristband of the Footpad (bracelet) - 113 agi, 75 vit, 75 fate (Eruilan: Tuckborough, Gondamon, Amon Sul)
    Shadowstalker's Stud (earring) - 150 agi, 75 vit, 384 crit (Pony, Thievery and Mischief)
    Bracer of the Huntsman (bracelet) - 113 agi, 184 power, 59.4 ICPR*, 768 crit (Necro Gate, Ringwraith's Lair, Battle in the Tower)
    Ring of Conflict Resolution (ring) - 150 agi, 59.4 ICPR*, 1164 finesse, 384 PMR

* This raw ICPR <i>may</i> change to fate in U10, helping crit as well as ICPR. 59.4 ICPR would probably translate to 38 fate.

The armour drops (Shoulderpads of the Keen Eye, Wood-bound Boots etc) are not as good as Hytbold, so you should do at least a bit of Hytbold to get that armour. Bit of a grind but it's worth it particularly if you target the pieces you want.

The Sutcrofts rep ring (Glimmering Huntsman's) is also worth getting.

When your hunter is geared up a bit and has decent armour and mits, look at getting the following:

Marubh's Silver Bracelet (Great Goblin blue drop) - 150 agi, 38 vit, 75 fate
    Former Resident's Ring (Dungeons blue drop) - 150 agi, 38 vit, 1164 finesse, 384 PMR.

You'll usually need to trait AOE for Great Goblin.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by DarianDelFord View Post
    OK, I need some help reaching that goal. I am currently working on my Hytbold Set as well as my Precision set of PvP armor, outside of those, is there any non raid jewelry that will allow me to hit that range? And with the upcoming changes to AGI and Fate in Up 10 is it even worth trying to do that now?

I am assuming the Critted crafted Jewelry from RoR, but should I just start trying to stack fate?

2k+ should be easy even without anything from instances/skraids at 85. I'd say 2.4k-2.5k is a reasonable goal with only solo-stuff, some crafted and Hytbold. With just a few drops besides those (often only a bit better...) i'm closing in on 2.8k

Just keep on working on your Hytbold-armor, it is a big boost. A good combination imho (and fast to get, not needing kindred with any faction iirc) is 3b/3h.

Fate? I don't trust them to not change something last-minute I'll just wait untill i see the effects on U10 going live (and the changes done to the pieces i already have) before i consider doing anything with my build regarding this.

Regards
    /T

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Ring of Conflict Resolution (ring) - 150 agi, 59.4 ICPR*, 1164 finesse, 384 PMR

* This raw ICPR <i>may</i> change to fate in U10, helping crit as well as ICPR. 59.4 ICPR would probably translate to 38 fate.
    Where's this one from?

And would you guys say it's worth going through the Great river in order to get the vagabond's jewellery (the +31*2 agility set) Got my 3/3 Hytbold now, and to be honest planning to PvP more than raiding - so concentrating on my comms as well :S

Quote Originally Posted by Trumble-Chimney View Post
    And would you guys say it's worth going through the Great river in order to get the vagabond's jewellery (the +31*2 agility set) Got my 3/3 Hytbold now, and to be honest planning to PvP more than raiding - so concentrating on my comms as well :S
    Not really. At least, dont go through Great River just for the jewels.
    In accordance with the armor changes, the LLG jewels will lose at least the 2-piece bonus (not sure right now about the 3-pice stat bonus). The clicky skill on the pocket does not work in the moors.

And with the advent of new loot in all instances with U10, the Auction houses should be bursting with relatively cheap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    Not really. At least, dont go through Great River just for the jewels.
    In accordance with the armor changes, the LLG jewels will lose at least the 2-piece bonus (not sure right now about the 3-pice stat bonus). The clicky skill on the pocket does not work in the moors.

And with the advent of new loot in all instances with U10, the Auction houses should be bursting with relatively cheap gear.
    Okeydokes! ty for advice I haven't done any of great river ('part from epic) so it'd be a slog I'll just pester my jeweller friend to spend his weekly auto-crits on me Hoping I can get a decent 2nd ager when 1st agers come out... Don't want to splash out on a 3rd ager >.<

Quote Originally Posted by DarianDelFord View Post

I have a combination of norcroft and sucroft jewellry ( think I got those from the blue vendors in snowbourne) and average about +77 Agility per piece if I recall correctly... Buffed Agility at this time with 3 or 4 pieces of hytbold armor and the rest norcroft or sucroft combo armor is 2124..Edit: Actually i just checked my settings. I know I have top of the line copper norcrofts rings, not sure about brace's or neck 'cause the tooltips aren't working, and one of my eaarings is Glemog Clustlus, which gives +63 AG, +63 VIT, +148 power and +169 morale.

Works for me
    I kill stuff

Cheers
    Pinto
    Last edited by Elpinto22; Feb 28 2013 at 01:08 PM.

OP, if your focus is just to max-out Agility, I guess you have had planty of good advice on this thread. But remember that Agility is not everything if your focus is DPS.

Critical Rating can go a long way too. I've been running with a focus on Crit Rating, then Agility, then Fate, and my DPS is awesome. I'm now wearing Far-Arrow armour pieces + Hytbold Bowmaster, although the Moors red armor is also great for crit. With a ton of Crit Rating and a high Physical Mastery, you can go a long way on DPS. Just saying

EDIT: I forgot to say: with the Far-Arrow armour + any mix of Hytbold and/or Moors armour, my Agility is easily above 2k. I use a mix of the lvl 80 jewelry, Skillful Club of Éomer and Skraid reward items for both crit rating, Physical Mastery, Fate and Agility. I choose Fate because of the rumoured changes in the upcoming U10.
    Last edited by Lasagabaster; Feb 28 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Where is the glimmering huntsman's ring acquired? Is that the one that you can upgrade? If so, what should I be killing to get the base ring?

I've got 5/6 Hytbold now, and my agility is very near 2K. I haven't even started looking for jewellry upgrades yet.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    Where is the glimmering huntsman's ring acquired? Is that the one that you can upgrade? If so, what should I be killing to get the base ring?

I've got 5/6 Hytbold now, and my agility is very near 2K. I haven't even started looking for jewellry upgrades yet.

TIA!
    Bugud (and maybe even some lesser warbands) drops the base ring, then you upgrade it in snow (guys by the mead hall) with silver-tokens.

Just ask in global for one, they drop so plenty people normally give them away for free if you ask for one

Regards
    /T

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post

TIA!
    There are some better rings for Agility out there, like the Former Resident's Ring for +150 Agility. (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...ent&#39;s_Ring)