We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Duo

Duo

Yesterday's RvR was fun. After both sides were disbanded, I came out with Kharjan, a R5 BA to hunt for some freeps. Eventually we met Yzi (mini) and Vladimar (champ). It turned out to be a challenging 2v2 but it took a lot of time. This is because I can easily outheal both of them, and Yzi can easily outheal us. One of the sides need to be outpowered but champs and minis don't get outpowered easily. We fought from EC to gLugz until I went tired and call for aid. (sorry about that) So I wondered, what's the most ideal duos (two different classes which join and form a duo group) for freep side and creep side? I hope you can give me your opinion or even share your great moments in duoing to us. But I hope you can do me a favour by:

- Don't give me same classes (e.g burg-burg or BA-BA)

- Don't tell me mini-warden, they're too OP and could wipe a group of creeps.

Thanks and see ya in Moors.

Last edited by DynastyElf; Jul 03 2013 at 04:22 AM.

best combo in any pve or pvp situation is Cappy + X (:
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Sorry but I mean which 2 classes form a great duo group for freep side and creep side.

How can I put up my creep's name like others did in forums?

Last edited by DynastyElf; Feb 26 2013 at 07:05 AM.

I had a bit of success once duoing with a warleader. You get the healing form the warleader, the dps from the blackarrow, and of course two uruk heals For the character signatures read this post http://archive.lotro.com/news/219-ch...-now-available
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000689dd/signature.png]Shakslath[/charsig]

Like Argio said I had a lot of fun running around duo with Halruil the other day, most of the map was red and there were a lot of creeps around so we were playing hit and run

Warleader + Reaver or Defiler + Blackarrow.

Or anything + Reaver, really.
    Last edited by CantankerousTim; Feb 26 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Oh a very very good question! I've duoed with Talidis and with Dugond and with krimond Joter as well..so with the exception of the weaver..i've been able to compare them all.

Talidis is a great healer as you all know, but as a dps traited BA...i'm so squishy that even tal can't keep me alive. PvE there is no trouble at all.

Dugond is a dps machine and can self heal or whatever it is he does to keep him going indefinitely. I just need to stay out of the way and pew pew a little bit. Simply put Dugond, the reaver, can duo...solo.

Krimond the Warleader. great debuffs and good heals...again...like Tal, krim can't outheal my squishyness. If we can't kill it fast, i'm a goner. PvE were unbeatable

Jotar, wargishness personified! IMO a BA is best paired with a good warg. Freeps are like..oh look a lone BA..then hit us..we pew pew back..then, when it seems hopeless, the warg pounces allowing me to recover and put some of the massive dps attacks with inductions that BA's carry. It's the most sucessful duo with a BA IMO

Side note, the above is when i'm fully traited for maximum dps and all statements include branding evading and pots and anything else available to my use. Hope that helps
    I'd ask you if you got the point....but the feathered shaft tells me you did.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000009ccd5/signature.png]Shakhuruath[/charsig]

I find a champion and rk dou is almost unstoppable, especially when rk is a healer, some certain rk makes me invincible some times.

Champion and warden is alright as well, warden might have to hit conviction once in awhile but if both of you are traited dps something is going down.

Well that's my two cents.

~Aldair

That was fun indeed!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000dd679/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R7 Champion- Vladimar| R6 Blackarrow- Truebow
    "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

As a defiler, I have had the best duos with a reaver. Also, recently Reefer and I have discovered that his warleader and my spider make a pretty good pair too, even though we are still learning. We have had some decent fights where we have been able to hold our own even though we are only each rank 5. I've been having fun with duo spider groups too. I can't give any advice about freep duos though, since my champ has only been to the moors a total of about 8 times (a couple of those I was only sneaking around in sylvan shadows at level 50 or so before ROR came out haha), and only duoed once with Denkaf when there were no creeps around.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000f87ac/signature.png]Dalkhur[/charsig]

Thanks for your kindly information! I've a few moments to share with you all as appreciation.

Basically I like duoing, small grouping and grouping than soloing or RvR. I usually form group with the creeps from my tribe or creeps whom I know from freep side.

- I have great moments working with spiders, especially Shadowkiss and Durgwenor. Shadow knows what's she's doing and she saved me from brink of death several times! It's also fun to play with Durg too. I still remember how we wiped 6 freeps at TR backdoor when TR is red atm.

- I've duoed with Shuklahgrim the wargie plenty of times too and it's nice. I always leave the hunting job to him while I have a nice break at rez circle. I just need to walk to when he smelled freeps and enjoy some easy kills.

- For what I mentioned earlier, that's the 1st time I worked with a BA but it turned out to be a nightmare lol.

- I've played with Rocnakh the freaver several times before but we're a bit unlucky, we never met any small group freeps. (or my memory is fading)

A special thanks to Black Lotus for giving me such a great moment in Moors. Most of them are friendly and helpful and I like to chat with them. They don't mind a squishy defiler join them in the fun. Thanks to Zaugog too for recruiting into The Few and let me experienced the moments of zerging others. It's sad to see The Few disbanded.

Sadly notes that nobody else has said they like to duo with a BA. Well c'mon! were good to draw em out at least.....don't foregt the effectiveness of Shakbait!

I can almost hear the freeps drooling now!
    I'd ask you if you got the point....but the feathered shaft tells me you did.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000009ccd5/signature.png]Shakhuruath[/charsig]

Oh Shak, I didn't mind duoing drakes with you yesterday. If no one else wants to duo, I'll certainly take you up on it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215010000121363/signature.png]Eightlegfreak[/charsig]

Smile Duo's

I find that any Dps-class plus a Wl works magically BD. The Wl can spot heal, Give us 25% Damage boost or 14XX Armour plus 5% Moral, Can put a Bubble on the dps class if needed, (Main's a spider so they always go for me first xD) And if I get dropped he can rez me. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you want to get real technical I have duos that I use in certain instances, Say freeps don't want to come out and play (Witch is pretty much always sense U10 ((Getting their weapons and stuff)) I grab a noobie reaver to play bait while I lie burrowed down the hill from Gv, Works wonders. (Ecept when it's Runatcus) xD

Weaver & Warg works well for ambushing pretty much any class.

As for freep duos the only ones I cannot stand are Wardens + Any healer class xD

Probably my least favorite duo is Mini & Burg (Yes this is for you Dangoon and Daery) Hugs and kisses <3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000013f79e/signature.png]Bloodweb[/charsig]
    Lotro-girls out there, Keep it classy, Make a wargiedog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweav3r View Post
    Probably my least favorite duo is Mini & Burg (Yes this is for you Dangoon and Daery) Hugs and kisses <3
    You should have seen Irial and Miroe (Hunter and Burg). They were duo beasts.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    I'm sure, But being a spider hunters can eat my CP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000013f79e/signature.png]Bloodweb[/charsig]
    Lotro-girls out there, Keep it classy, Make a wargiedog.

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    True. Sorry that they are not around anymore.

my best duo on wl was with bas, nameley thalantash. but he no longer plays. we used to attempt to fight irial and miroe. but they would just burn him to the ground right through my heals, and then it would be my turn. we were able to fight small groups of freeps and managed to wipe a few groups and small raids together. i leave him out in the open and i hide behind a rock. freeps can't resist a lone ba.

Post a comment here with an attempt to revive this thread. :P

Having some nice duos with Zaugog, Kotomine and Shadowkiss recently. Really appreciate you all for those high damage to bring down the freeps so I could spam heal on self and try to survive as long as possible when being targeted haha.

My fav is Cappy/Hunter or Cappy/Burg

Creepside I'd say Defiler/BA (ala Enpeecee/DeadeyeDermot) or WL/Spider.

Any of those combos make for a great fight.
    Freeps: [b]OleDeadEye R9[/b] /Thrace R5
    Creeps(Brandy): [b]Isolfur R9[/b]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e20400000004816d/signature.png]Oledeadeye[/charsig]