We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Fleetness Idea

Fleetness Idea

Improved Fleetness Idea

-Removed Initial focus cost of Fleetness/Improved Fleetness
    -Fleetness costs 2 focus per second to maintain
    -Improved Fleetness costs 1 focus per second to maintain.
    -Current Fleetness/Improved Fleetness benefits moved from skill to blue line capstone legendary trait

Effects :
    allows use of INDUCTIONS WHILE MOVING.

Cooldown:
    2 minutes

Effective skills useable on the move with previous inductions:
    -Barbed arrow
    -Quick shot
    -Swift Bow
    -Bards arrow
    -Dazing arrow
    -Heartseeker (the damage is a joke now)

so summarized here: you will still have the same inductions as before BUT you will be able to use them while moving.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

could kill two birds with one stone: reduce the reliance on pen shot while giving greater mobility WHILE keeping PVE Hunter play more or less unchanged (READ: Hunters wont become more powerful in PVE raw numbers wise) AS WELL AS making Fleet stance something that's ACTUALLY FUN TO USE!

While this is active, you will have to continually generate focus (Use focus generating skills on the move) to maintain your mobility.
    This somewhat reduces the overall DPS because you maintain your previous inductions but cant effectively use your focus skills (pen shot, blood arrow) without risking running out of focus. This will take a fair deal of skill (between the interrupts and the CC)

This will allow Hunters to have the mobility that they have always dreamed of without "eating the cake and having it too"

This also has little effect upon the "PVE balance" because the bonuses from current Improved fleetness (which any blue line Hunter is going to have up most of the time anyway) are still there innately in the blue line capstone trait.

The fun and the challenge here is to have enough focus to feed the skill, so you cant "just run fleetness" without cost. You will either have to keep using "focus" out of combat (which would be clumsy considering that the "focus" skill has a 2.5 sec induction itself) or you have to keep firing. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH here. you will have to WORK to keep this skill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Volparsem View Post
    Great idea, but its gonna be a spam of quickshot to maintain the focus cost. with the survivablity we have now, we would be dead before we could kill a r0 creep. what about 1 focus per 5 sec? i think it would be better.
    1 per 5 is kind of a low bar to set for such a powerful ability. Essentially precision stance would pay for it and make it a perma-stance (not intended)

It would not necessarily be a quickshot spam (though you would be hitting it once in a while) because your inductions would be pretty low. its < 0.5 sec for quickshot (1 focus, 50% chance for 2 focus) , 1 sec for Swift bow (2 focus), etc etc
    and also you will be getting 1 focus from any critical hit (with trait that you probably have)

so overall, your normal rotation while this skill is active will compose of a balanced mix of swift bow, quick shot, barbed arrow, with the occasional helpings (if you have 9 focus stored up) of Heart seeker, penshot, blood arrow, and dazing arrow.

As for those who will QQ that Hunter will be able to spam barbed arrow/quick shot slow: BA can do the same.
    Last edited by Lendas; Feb 23 2013 at 07:03 PM.

/signed

Love the idea, it just seems that heart seeker would be almost totally unused since the induction is long and and it cost a fair amount of power. But the focus cost would probably be the only debatable topic about this idea.

/sign

Great idea, but its gonna be a spam of quickshot to maintain the focus cost. with the survivablity we have now, we would be dead before we could kill a r0 creep. what about 1 focus per 5 sec? i think it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Volparsem View Post
    1 per 5 is kind of a low bar to set for such a powerful ability. Essentially precision stance would pay for it and make it a perma-stance (not intended)

It would not necessarily be a quickshot spam (though you would be hitting it once in a while) because your inductions would be pretty low. its < 0.5 sec for quickshot (1 focus, 50% chance for 2 focus) , 1 sec for Swift bow (2 focus), etc etc

and also you will be getting 1 focus from any critical hit (with trait that you probably have)

so overall, your normal rotation while this skill is active will compose of a balanced mix of swift bow, quick shot, barbed arrow, with the occasional helpings (if you have 9 focus stored up) of Heart seeker, penshot, blood arrow, and dazing arrow.

forgot to mention split shot.... duh.

Not a bad idea. Hadn't you already did a thread like this a while back though?

Although, this will encourage many hunters (if not all) to go blue line. Then again it won't be very recommended for raids also.
    So the skill itself as you point out will be somewhat balance in PvE and used based on different situations with the simple turn off button.

One problem though.
    I find that making it as a regular skill will make the hunter a bit to mobile when going red-line. How bout making the current improve fleetness regular fleet and your improve fleetness idea the legendary capstone? I'm only pointing this out as blue-line hunters are suppose to be more mobile than red-line hunters because red-line hunters are meant to do more damage on hit.

with some fixing................surprisi ngly........

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    One problem though.
    I find that making it as a regular skill will make the hunter a bit to mobile when going red-line.
    not really

good luck feeding 2 focus per second with red line inductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    not really

good luck feeding 2 focus per second with red line inductions.
    Will with high CR after regearing up post-U10, and having that one blue trait that I forgot its name and precision stance, getting focus is not a problem.

Point being: It completely encourages more hunters to not go legendary capstone trait. 4/3 red or blue will generate more than enough focus just to maintain it.

Totally agree that we need to have more fighting mobility, but I have to say these suggestions seem rather too much.

Who would beat us in the moors if we had this? Wouldn't each fight be low-cut run run swift bow pen shot run run barbed arrow run quick shot pen shot run run, etc etc, till the creep is dead?

Imagine moors group fights with multiple hunters strafing from out of melee range, or unloading heartseeker/swift bow/barbed arrow as they run in, or as they chase a creep.

Yeah ok, it sounds great, but I think it'd just be too much of an advantage.

Give us moving quick shot as capstone on blue or yellow line, and see how it goes.

Was thinking something similar! Recently started in the moors after hitting 85, enjoying it a lot currently, though I do seem to die a lot when my minstrel friend has to go to tea
    I don't know whether it'd still be viable with longer inductions, but still on the move? Trying to decide whether if you're firing a bow on the move - do you hold your bow/aim for longer? or fire off shots quickly because it's hard work doing it while working But that'd certainly stop it being OP/usable for raiding - and hopefully give us a buff for 1v1 in the moors. It doesn't completely address our survivability - though would definitely be a step in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Burg123 View Post
    Totally agree that we need to have more fighting mobility, but I have to say these suggestions seem rather too much.

Who would beat us in the moors if we had this? Wouldn't each fight be low-cut run run swift bow pen shot run run barbed arrow run quick shot pen shot run run, etc etc, till the creep is dead?

Imagine moors group fights with multiple hunters strafing from out of melee range, or unloading heartseeker/swift bow/barbed arrow as they run in, or as they chase a creep.

Yeah ok, it sounds great, but I think it'd just be too much of an advantage.

Give us moving quick shot as capstone on blue or yellow line, and see how it goes.
    there is only 1 creep class that could possibly be affected by the situation you have just described... that would be reaver.... and they have 10 sec slow immunity and a blade toss

all other classes have either ranged damage or would simply heal though your lower moving damage (no pen shots) or debuff you, slow you, sprint, HIPS... etc....

moving quick shot alone would lead to quick-shot-pen-shot spamming.... and we don't want that. do we?

Byter, could you make a icon for this?

This is a pretty good idea, it might let hunters survive longer when we pull aggro on mobs with our higher DPS.

/NOT signed

To be frank, I think this is a terrible idea.

I am an avid user of the blueline/fleetness build (and have been for a long time) and don't see how your suggestion is really any sort of improvement for hunters. In fact all it seems to do is make our class even more focus starved than it currently can be. Not to mention the headache-inducing mechanic you're suggesting. Why would we want to ruin the one skill that gives hunters their highest DPS simply so a small minority can run around and pretend to be a BA in Skirmishers Stance?

No thanks. I'd rather see our existing things (like HS or BoTR) get fixed before ruining one of the few really good things about our class.

Edit to mention I'd support this suggestion IF it was a new skill and UNRELATED to Fleetness/Improved Fleetness/current traiting.
    Last edited by xxforcardassia; Mar 28 2013 at 12:30 PM.

not signed been runing around the moors last few days with 9 audacity and the fleetness buff from the new armour and tearing stuff up yea i die a tiny bit esayer but the dps i can pull off if i get the uper hand unmatched.

if ur strugling to do lots of damage on the move ask urself what ur doing wrong or try crazy ideas like i did weaken urself slightly n the moors to get the nice dps increase with reduced cost to pen and blood arrow

the only places i can think of at end game where hunters need to move and shoot really are moors maybe saruman at the top of too and ocasionally have to move in 2 of the new raids nothing that really has any chance of dramticly lowering ur dps output considering improved fleetness and the buff on the new armour if you already have it, combining focus pots to it (can use them on the move).

whats so hard about rehiting fleetness as the buff runs out ?

/NOT signed.

Lets not change the one good legendary trait we have left..changing something that isnt broken to begin with and accidentally making it OP..so they nerf it again..

There was hunters out there who do just fine in the moors. Yea our survival isnt that of other classes but still. I feel like this would be a u10 like change in terms of easy mode everything.
    With the recent changes to hunters lately, hunter damage is insane out there, not sure if you guys can see it but this would make hunters OP.