We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After a week of PvPing on my Hunter

I feel like I'd rather get ****** ** *** *** with a cactus than take my hunter back out again. This is the worst experience I've ever had playing a video game.

I'd give some constructive feedback but literally everything I can think of has been said on these forums. It's inexcusable that the Hunter has been this bad for so long when all the changes you needed to make have been spelled out for you already.
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Feb 22 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000daed2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

*puts on glasses*

On the positive side, it forces players to learn their class. =3

A Hunter is very hard starting out in the moors. You have to get used to dying quite a bit. Back when I started PvPing it was absolutely terrible, and it still is sometimes. PvEing on a hunter and PvPing on a hunter are two totally different things. You have to be able to master different aspects of your class to be able to go out there and hit like a train without taking too much of a beating.

If you really like the hunter class, I'd say give it another shot. But if you not, well then I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    I feel like I'd rather get ****** ** *** *** with a cactus than take my hunter back out again. This is the worst experience I've ever had playing a video game.

I'd give some constructive feedback but literally everything I can think of has been said on these forums. It's inexcusable that the Hunter has been this bad for so long when all the changes you needed to make have been spelled out for you already.

Read the Sign: RIP PvMP Hunter (scroll down on forum)

oh...

And welcome to the Hunter class.

2 words..... Improved Fleetness

As much as I hate to say it, its the only shot in hell that we have to solo in the Moors. And its &&&&&&&& that you have to be forced to use it just to have a chance.

However the problem in the moors is Creepside being store bought... Once they allowed creeps to buy their corruptions it was over. However on even ground with no added bonuses a good hunter can still whack a creep using IF. Just takes a alot of practicing dance moves.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000609c5/01007/signature.png]Sabak[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by DarianDelFord View Post
    2 words..... Improved Fleetness

As much as I hate to say it, its the only shot in hell that we have to solo in the Moors. And its &&&&&&&& that you have to be forced to use it just to have a chance.

However the problem in the moors is Creepside being store bought... Once they allowed creeps to buy their corruptions it was over. However on even ground with no added bonuses a good hunter can still whack a creep using IF. Just takes a alot of practicing dance moves.

kinda.

btw I'd just like to point out that that that is a BIIIIIIIIG IF

some creep classes can just laugh in your face no matter how many OP buffs you have.

Imp Fleet wont cure:

BA poping Moving target
    Spider poping 100% Reflect for 15 seconds.
    WL poping banners and LOLing in your face as you crit him for 500 on pen shot.
    Warg 3 min cooldown HIPS/Sprint

and you usually only have 0-2 OPs.... so you die in the rest of the situations VS ranks 8+ of all the other creep classes.

You pretty much have to buy corruption, if you want to survive more than two seconds of combat as a starting creep. With LMs, RKs, and hunters hitting in the range of 15k and more, you don't stand much of a chance. A level 10 burglar has more skills to work with than my warg for example. Then we have invincible mini's to deal with...but you don't see creeps crying about it as much as the freep side.

As an archer/BA your best chance for survival is to stay with a group. If you are on your own, then you best know how to play...otherwise it's your own fault if you die, and don't whine about it. Go back to PvE if you can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestina View Post
    You pretty much have to buy corruption, if you want to survive more than two seconds of combat as a starting creep. With LMs, RKs, and hunters hitting in the range of 15k and more, you don't stand much of a chance. A level 10 burglar has more skills to work with than my warg for example. Then we have invincible mini's to deal with...but you don't see creeps crying about it as much as the freep side.

As an archer/BA your best chance for survival is to stay with a group. If you are on your own, then you best know how to play...otherwise it's your own fault if you die, and don't whine about it. Go back to PvE if you can't handle it.

Granted I am old and my equipment is not top notch, but I can not see a Hunter coming close to 15k in one shot. I am assuming over the span of 5 to 10 seconds when you quote that number. Have not seen a number like that since just after the MoM release and hell we went down after that one month of glory. And you do not need to buy corruptions... Creeps got along just fine without them for the first 3 years of the game... it was no big deal, just meant alot of grinding,,,,, but hey... they start out at max level and do not have to grind their toon, so they had to grind Infamy thats just how it worked. When the store came online it was 100% conversion into P2W in the moors for the creeps. The balance got thrown all to hell and back and rank really meant nothing from that moment on.

Edit:: Unless your talking about that kind of damage with Store bought buffs. Easy fix to that... Keep the damn store outta the Moors. But that will never happen, gold mine over there.

Its always been difficult to balance the mini's in PvP remember when they were dog bait in the moors, their life expectancy was less than hunters are now for a variety of reason's mainly they were the number one target. The problem with the moors is very very simple. It has been patched so many times that its simply not working anymore. They need to rebuild the damn thing from the ground up.
    Last edited by DarianDelFord; Feb 23 2013 at 04:12 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000609c5/01007/signature.png]Sabak[/charsig]

I've been hit by that and higher numbers from some hunters. Thankfully they can't spam that kind of damage like LMs and RKs can. Even with high level aud, I still get near one shotted.

I guess alot of people take hunter class thinking it's going to be easy mode, which it can be in PvE. In PvP you need to have a different mindset. The role of an archer in battle is mainly support, protect the healers and casters, and provide ranged support for the melee line. Remember that there is no I in team, and the concept of the Moors is team play.

Anways, freeps don't have much room to complain with all the luxuries they get like self heals, legendary items, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestina View Post
    I've been hit by that and higher numbers from some hunters. Thankfully they can't spam that kind of damage like LMs and RKs can. Even with high level aud, I still get near one shotted.
    Mh, I don't even get close to 1/2 shot or 1/4 any class now with my hunter. On the other hand I can take down with my reaver with 1 aud even full aud hunters when I surprise them

It's been no fun on hunter in the moors for some time now. If I have 2 wargs on me I don't get even out of the initial stun and even if I get out, 1-1.5k morale won't last another 0.5 s with them
    Last edited by Ananrael; Feb 23 2013 at 05:53 AM.

A reaver beating a hunter in melee isn't a surprise...since hunters are range focused and reavers are melee machines. If you want to be good at melee, then go champion or guardian. If you want more solo survivability then play a burglar.

BA's have it just as bad, and probably worse than hunters. Both of those classes should be running with a group, not alone. They are range focused classes in a setting where alot of melee combat is going to be taking place.

Used to be that hunter had a good chance against reavers

And BA's are still monsters solo

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post

Given your first sentence we can at least rest in the knowledge you wont be back to participate in hunter PvP conversations. What would be your point of reference? I mean if its "the worst expirence" youve had to replicate it would be the height of idiocy.

The hunter has problems but its simply in no way as bad as portrayed by some. Im as casual a player as you can find, Im getting kills on my hunter. Not soloing much Ill admit it but the last week I solo'd 2 reavers and a warg where they dump the poison by the falls (get up on the rock, nice place to range). Only one was a noob. Im not expecting to run into a craid and do massive damage with AOE's, Im ranged and I accept that if they get me in melee im screwed.

Again, Im just not seeing these horrific examples. I die a lot, but im getting kills too. Anyway thanks for the laugh, wont see you again im sure have fun on your cappy.

Been playing hunter in the moors for about 2 months now, currently rank 5 with 3 audacity pieces. I switched from burg to try it out, and found hunter much more fun, and easier, at least in group fights.

It's an active playstyle, with a lot of movement. With low audacity, you are dead in seconds once spotted/targeted, but at least the hunter is at range and has a chance to move. The main thing for me is it's fun, plus you can rack up comms fairly quickly, and I hope once I have full audacity it'll get easier.

So I'd say the hunter is totally viable in group fights, and personally I enjoy the game of dodging in and out of range to get some shots in, tracking/dodging wargs and so on. I die a lot, but hey. That said I'm almost no use at all defending keeps, if I have to more or less stand still, I die.

Solo, I find it virtually unplayable. On the rare occasions you spot an on-level (-ish) creep from range, and get your shots in, then kite etc you should win, but that almost never happens. Usually, you get jumped by multiple creeps and die in seconds. Then they wait for you at the gy and do it again...

I don't want ezmode, or OPness or whatever, but we really do need a bit more survivability in solo fights. I'd say either a little more morale/mitigations, or ideally something that lets us use more skills when moving. Solo fights are about moving, and even with I.Fleetness we have limited ability to fight and move at the same time.

How about trapper is our 'solo' trait line (the horror!), but traited 5 deep you can use quick shot on the move? Then you'd need to use your CC and good movement and you'd have a chance. Or maybe you'd just enjoy the fight a bit, it's not much fun when you die in 10 secs.

Just my 2 cents.

Off-topic - Does anyone have any recent numbers comparing dps in precision 5 deep vs strength 5 deep? Can't do it myself because I don't have a decent bow for strength. Thanks.