We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Recipes to sell?

Hi All

I find a lot (as im sure most do) of the crafting recipes where you right click and it generates a random crafting recipe.

Do these sell well? I found it hard to make any sort of judgement from the Auction House by looking.

Do they sell better when unclicked? (Do people like the suprise?) Is it only the purple ones generally which people want?

I have tons of "increases crit chance with journeyman/expert/artisan xxxxxxx craft" do these generally sell well and are worth keeping?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppkins View Post
    I find a lot (as im sure most do) of the crafting recipes where you right click and it generates a random crafting recipe.
    Do these sell well? I found it hard to make any sort of judgement from the Auction House by looking.

Do they sell better when unclicked? (Do people like the suprise?) Is it only the purple ones generally which people want?
    It's somewhat depending on profession and tier. From my experience, tailor recipes usually sell better (at higher prices) than most other professions, and cook recipes rarely sell at all. Esp. at T7 and T8 it's easier to sell unopened scrolls than identified recipes as the number of different recipes is rather small, and the supply is rather high, so many people will already have all available standard recipes but might buy unopened scrolls in hope to find a new recipe.
    Mind we're talking about prices around 20s-500s here, only very rare recipes will sell for more. And often your recipes won't sell on first try, so while you can earn some money it won't make you rich.

I have tons of "increases crit chance with journeyman/expert/artisan xxxxxxx craft" do these generally sell well and are worth keeping?
    For T1-T6, those are usually not worth putting in AH as they have a high item value, so the AH fee is also quite high and the demand is limited. You usually get more money for them from the vendor than from AH, esp. if you include the posting fee.
    For T7 and T8 the items are more useful, but it depends on current supply/demand on wether it's worth selling.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

+1.

Tailor sells the best at all levels, and prices are quite higher as well. (I believe this is because, while other crafts have a several/few recipes at most, tailor has 14 slots plus misc to fill, and so each is in higher demand.) Almost all Dye recipes at all levels sell well too.

Notably poor sellers are Tier 1 Metalsmith*, and of course the one(!) apprentice Scholar recipe, the ever-predictable Pea Green Paint.

(in large part b/c bronze armour is in demand at level 15 but covered by Basic recipes, and drop recipes cover Lvl 16 but are out by level 17, and bronze tools are barely worth the effort before Level 13 iron ones are available.**)
    (** The one exception may be a crit'd bronze hoe for grinding up farming, since crit'd are far more durable than the over-the-counter variety. ymmv.)

Mmmm. Yes