We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Great Takeaways from the Recent Twitter Dev Chat

I thought I'd get the jump on Lendas and throw some hope into these forums! I think that there were some good-looking takeaways for hunters from today's dev chat that I'd like to share.

Q3 MRWarg - Are the major class revamps being made with PvMP in mind? #LOTRO
    A3 Jinjaah - There are certainly some pvmp considerations being made in the revamp. #LOTRO

Takeaway: Hunters' skills might be given pvmp consideration, perhaps regarding inductions and survivability.

Q6 Vulcan583 -Any plans to rework the Lore master’s blue line? #LOTRO
    A6 Jared – All lines of all classes are being examined. #LOTRO

Takeaway: All lines...including the hunter yellow line, perhaps. That'd be great.

Q23 MrWarg - Can you give us any more information on the major class revamps taking place later in the year? #LOTRO
    A23 Jared – Our goal is to reduce the hybrid-homogenized nature of our classes while bringing definition and excitement to the primary role of each line. #LOTRO

Takeaway: Reduction of the hybrid-homogeneity could possibly boot hunter dps in relation to other classes. It's possible that guardian/minstrel dps might be reduced to accommodate their role - great news for hunters, but bad news for those classes.

Q24 Dotfive - Any plans for a new class? #LOTRO
    A24 Jared – Not at this time. We feel the revamp is going to breathe a lot of new life into the existing classes. #LOTRO

Takeaway: Sounds like there might be some significant changes being considered for classes.

Q31 Kajil -Is the hunter class ever going to see something along the lines of a strong, instant self-heal/HOT or instant B/P/E buff? #LOTRO
    A31 Jared – It’s not out of the realm of possibility, but I’d prefer something other than a heal for survivability. #LOTRO

Takeaway: This sounds great - as though there might be a more creative approach towards hunter survivability rather than throwing a heal or bubble our way - which has already been complained about with Cry of the Hunter.

Q36 @sethbar1 How can the devs fully grasp the needs of a class when they are working with multiple classes and moving around so much?
    A36 HoarseDev this pass on classes is intended to address their interactions as a whole in groups.
    A36a We have to look at them all at the same time in order to see "how each piece fits into the puzzle."
    a36b (Quotes from JWB)

Takeaway: This is great for hunters with concerns about their place in groups. If devs are looking at hunters pan-class-wise, they'll probably take note that the only thing we bring to raids is DPS, and adjust everything accordingly. Again, this is exciting to hear.

BQ5 Kajil - Will the numerous hunter skills and traits (specifically, Bow of the Righteous, Press Onward, Strength of the Earth, Agile Rejoinder, assorted legendary item legacies, etc) that are currently under-scaled or out-of-date be scaled to perform up-to-par with other class's skills?
    BA5 Jared – Anything and everything is up for revision with the class revamps.

Takeaway: I hope we get some great revision!

BQ6 Waylen -Threat generation by tanks appears to not scale proportionally to dps. Will you be addressing this issue at some point? Also Threat itself is very murky do you have any plans for making it a bit more transparent?
    BA6 Jared – Yes. Threat has been the topic of many design discussions recently and we agree that the system is not particularly user friendly and it’s something we want to address.

Takeaway: With hunter concerns about tank aggro, this is also good news to hear. Perhaps threat will be addressed soon.

BQ10 Delaney - In the class revamps, will underused class trait lines be re-evaluted to encourage their use again, such as the burg MM line?
    BA10 Not so much lines as trees, but yeah, that is central to the changes coming.
    While we will never get to the point that every build will be equally popular we do think that we can make your character build full of rewarding choices. - HoarseDev

Takeaway: Trees? As in skill trees? Underused trait lines getting revamped? This sounds right up my alley!

Q33 @Miesse can we please please have a trait panel setup that lets us save trait loadouts and name them like for MC? #LOTRO
    A33 Hoarsedev - Yes.

Takeaway: Possible skill trees? Hmmmm.....makes you wonder.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000020fc74/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

75 hunter Cilantro *Retired until hunters see changes* 75 Warden Aerdith * 75 RK Vanmoriel * 67ish LM Celothwen * 52 Burg Lemongrass

looks to me like we are moving to rift style "soul trees" much like the mounted combat trees, finally get to build our own class within a class rather than the cookie cutter trait lines we have now.

This actually gives me some hope. Perhaps we can be saved after all.

but the proof is in the pudding. When a dev starts posting on the Hunter forums again, I'll buy the hype.

for now: there is hope... but lets not let our guard down.

BQ6 Waylen -Threat generation by tanks appears to not scale proportionally to dps. Will you be addressing this issue at some point? Also Threat itself is very murky do you have any plans for making it a bit more transparent?
    BA6 Jared – Yes. Threat has been the topic of many design discussions recently and we agree that the system is not particularly user friendly and it’s something we want to address.

Takeaway: With hunter concerns about tank aggro, this is also good news to hear. Perhaps threat will be addressed soon.

Woohoo they answered my questions
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

I guess another little thing to take out of it would be that it sounds like Jared might be our hunter dev, seeing how they provided the answer for each specific hunter question. Always good to know who your tinkerer may be.
    Zyngor || Main server: Landroval (also on Arkenstone) // LOTRO Players
    My LOTRO Character List (wiki page)

I admire your ability to take anything away from straight-bat, giving nothing away, non-specific answers. Until we have a dev who communicates and listens and until there is some reversal of the endless nerfs and stupid changes then it's just whistling in the dark.

Hope?

They didn't actually answer any questions.
    They didn't say anything specific.
    They didn't mention any hunter buffs, scaling or rebalancing.
    They said absolutely nothing at all and made people believe what they *want*.

The solution? Simple. Stop PAYING them until we see buffs. They won't listen to anything else. All else, including our coomplaints, are pointless. To quote from a well known movie : The only winning move is not play (pay).

Our skills cost 100-200 power each and apparently a 'legendary' skill that returns 5-10% power is considered too powerful. Any and all complaints are meaningless when you keep handing them money. Think about this.
    The only thing worse than a company making bad decisions, is the apologists who cheer it on.

Takeaways

I apparently dont see those answers the same way the OP does.

My takes are completely opposite.

Seeing through the eyes of history, there ar emore nerfs coming.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000572/01003/signature.png]Barnone[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    but the proof is in the pudding.
    butterscotch pudding?
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

I'll believe it when I see it. As someone who has played nothing but a Hunter, we had 1 month after MoM where it was really really fun to be a hunter in the Moors. Been a down hill ride every since.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000609c5/01007/signature.png]Sabak[/charsig]