We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzgakbash View Post
    With that mentality that means guards were meant to be able to have great dps and so were minstrels because they have a dps trait line right? Not really. We have the option to CC but its not our best and viable or intended role in the game. The role of the hunter class is single target DPS which I stated. Also why would I pug when I have kin that will out DPS pretty much every other pug and when I am out DPSing my kin mates I know I will out DPS pugs champs will win AoE because the class was built as an AoE intended class the claims you make are just ridiculous and yes the class should be built around people who know how to play it because a buff is not needed if the class does not need one.
    Sorry but you're wrong.
    You have your convictions but they're far from being realistic.
    The yellow trait line: nobody uses it. BUT IT EXISTS!! Hint: Hunters were designed with CC in mind.
    Plus outside the trait line we have traps, distracting arrows (shot and bard) low cut, short stun, aoe roots, etc

The devs screwed up and made all those CC useless in raids, so now hunters are reduced to just single target dps. But that's not what's intended. Otherwise we wouldn't have that many abilities dedicated to something else but nuking, and no it is not only for solo leveling.

Secondly, everyone is pro when in the good conditions, going from being in a good combination to being totally carried. Since we have no ways to measure how pro you are, that's dumb to balance a class around you who claim that the class is fine, when 99% of the rest feels there is a problem.

So if you don't have any problems , fine for you, if we get fixed, you'll be even more awesome. But stating that everything is fine, stop whining and L2P won't achieve anything.

Actually it only has one purpose: to throw flowers at yourself. Could not care less and it does not making things progress.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aohh View Post
    Sorry but you're wrong.
    You have your convictions but they're far from being realistic.
    The yellow trait line: nobody uses it. BUT IT EXISTS!! Hint: Hunters were designed with CC in mind.
    Plus outside the trait line we have traps, distracting arrows (shot and bard) low cut, short stun, aoe roots, etc

The devs screwed up and made all those CC useless in raids, so now hunters are reduced to just single target dps. But that's not what's intended. Otherwise we wouldn't have that many abilities dedicated to something else but nuking, and no it is not only for solo leveling.

Secondly, everyone is pro when in the good conditions, going from being in a good combination to being totally carried. Since we have no ways to measure how pro you are, that's dumb to balance a class around you who claim that the class is fine, when 99% of the rest feels there is a problem.

So if you don't have any problems , fine for you, if we get fixed, you'll be even more awesome. But stating that everything is fine, stop whining and L2P won't achieve anything.

Actually it only has one purpose: to throw flowers at yourself. Could not care less and it does not making things progress.
    I guess turbine is wrong in the class description as well yeah? And no CC is not useless in raids a hunter can something perma mezzed if we needed to trait for it but anyways all you can say is wrong is our CC line when we arent a CC class so yeah let that stay broken since a lore master is all you will need.

Thanks for proving my point on both accounts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    3-mans are for the most part impossible to do on level (t2c) with a hunter in the group.
    This is not true.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Just to move the argument on, I do fine in Great Goblin T2 HM - I'm AOE specced and quite survivable. I have more success in there on hunter and minstrel than on burg or captain.

Still can't get past 1st boss in Scuttledells though

As for the DG instances:
    Warg-Pens T2HM, that's a joke simply because of the mechanics that mean the boss hits so hard (2 8k hits in a row quite often) the tank really needs 2 healers. DPS is hardly needed in that instance.
    Sword-Halls T2HM is very badly designed in its current form, as it forces you into specific class combinations; it really needs warden to kite and aggro-leech and champ and/or loremaster because of stun immunity.
    Was able to do Sword-Halls T2 with minstrel and warden (2 other kin officers) but we all agreed at the outset that HM was insane.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I will sum up the hunter situation for you really easy by saying I would rather dps in assailment on my warden then my hunter! That is how broken hunters are. In fact last time I ran seat of the goblin king I did switch to my warden as the adds in the final fight were slaughtering me. My warden may not out dps my hunter but he won't die when breathed on either.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Sword-Halls T2HM is very badly designed in its current form, as it forces you into specific class combinations; it really needs warden to kite and aggro-leech and champ and/or loremaster because of stun immunity.
    Was able to do Sword-Halls T2 with minstrel and warden (2 other kin officers) but we all agreed at the outset that HM was insane.
    That's not true. I was able to beat SW T2 HM with very different class combinations. The 2 most uncommon i think was burglar (me),runekeeper(damage), captain(tanking/kiting) and burglar,hunter,captain. It's hard but very possible to do. We tried this because we where looking for challenge and we got it, but it was possible. Hunters are great for dps but they could use a bit more surviveabilty like burglars. They should add 1 point tact mit and 1 point physical mit to agility to make medium armour classes on par with other classes.
    Last edited by ElricM; Feb 25 2013 at 09:52 AM.

I have to agree with OP on this. hunter forums along with captain forums are some of the worst QQ at the moment, such petty QQing at each other then arguing at each other opinions of the class. derp derp derp, yeah thats going to get you far

it'll be like every other time a mini-nurf comes. lodes of complaining, when it comes out barely any change.

no one on heres noted that your also getting the best set bonus of all classes on the new raid set... so what if dps pars say one thing. no ones even inviteing burgs to groups in BR raids I've heard and hunter like the default dps guy to turn to.

save all this QQ energy for the real class update later this year.

about the Learn2Play. you guys should watch this

these might be the rare spars he gets against nabs. but the standerd of creeps is decreaseing and hunter dps will only go up in U10... this guys epic. also few on evernight can do this shizzle too.

hunter QQ will never stop till they remove hunter and replace them with auto gambit building wardens...

when a legendary trait (Bow of the RIghteous) is worse than a standard class trait after an update... that's a nerf worthy of QQ.

hightened senses trait gives 10% ranged skill power cost reduction PLUS increased stealth detection and tracking level.

Bow of the Righteous now returns 3.5-7 power per ranged skill used. most ranged skills cost in the neighborhood of 200 power. or more. the one exception being quick shot with a cost near 80 i think. that's the equivelent of 2-4% power cost reduction... and nothing else...

legendary trait = 2-4% power cost savings
    regular class trait = 10% power cost savings PLUS increased stealth detection

something is definitely wrong with that
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

First and foremost I roll a hunter, I love the class and there is something inherently fun about mowing down mobs before they get to you.
    Secondly I roll a guard. In all honesty whenever doing 3-mans, which is a common group given our content choice, I choose a champ, and I rarely inspect the champ. Second choice is a burg, and he is more subject to scrutiny. My third choice is a hunter, no anon need apply unless I know them. Too often there are several mitigating factors why I don't choose a hunter. Their dps is often inferior (there are exceptions). They are more likely to die and make me reset. But most commonly they are just not the best option. If I can roll with a champ I do. They have superior threat management, less likely to die and make me reset, and they are more useful for the aoe that is prevalent in 3-mans.
    This is the sad fact of our class, even people who are hunters don't prioritize rolling with another hunter when given other options.

We have the right to voice our dissatisfaction with where we are right now. And this is the venue to "whine".
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I have to agree with OP on this. hunter forums along with captain forums are some of the worst QQ at the moment, such petty QQing at each other then arguing at each other opinions of the class. derp derp derp, yeah thats going to get you far

it'll be like every other time a mini-nurf comes. lodes of complaining, when it comes out barely any change.

no one on heres noted that your also getting the best set bonus of all classes on the new raid set... so what if dps pars say one thing. no ones even inviteing burgs to groups in BR raids I've heard and hunter like the default dps guy to turn to.

save all this QQ energy for the real class update later this year.

about the Learn2Play. you guys should watch this

these might be the rare spars he gets against nabs. but the standerd of creeps is decreaseing and hunter dps will only go up in U10... this guys epic. also few on evernight can do this shizzle too.

hunter QQ will never stop till they remove hunter and replace them with auto gambit building wardens...
    I'm not sure what kind of point that video makes, most of them were sub R8 and were either just standing still or had no idea he was there to begin with. And they were played terribly too, or just felt sorry for the hunter and were going easy (the WL at 2:00 didn't heal himself until he was dead anyways, warg at 2:30 standing infront of him whole time and not mouse turning, R7 spider with two NPCs on him, etc, etc). Nearly every single regular creep on our server is R9+ and have their enhanced store bought skills on top of that, plus are almost always running in a raid or group (good luck getting a single kill if you're solo and the craid's out, 4:10 warg pack is an example of what you'd run into every single time) and are actually aware of their surroundings. If they played as poorly or always rolled solo like the creeps in that video I'd be OP. They were just awful.

No matter how many ways you want to spin it or say 'L2P' or whatever, hunters are simply the most disadvantageous class there is at the moment. Any sort of hit to our performance is compounded on the fact that we're the weakest class in PvP and one of the most negligible in PvE, and this needs to change.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    No matter how many ways you want to spin it or say 'L2P' or whatever, hunters are simply the most disadvantageous class there is at the moment.
    my post was an aim at hunters since forever who QQ there weak. there a class canon class, you guys QQ'ed when they wanted to add in more melee for survival. you guys QQ'ed when trapper first came out. you guys QQ'ed when RK came out quoteing lodes of SoA stuff saying "we're main nuker!!!!!".

this class QQ's more than any other and I was trying to point out this QQ over every little nurf is just depressing for many hunters and not getting you anywhere. ~3 years your've been moaning... hint hint... maybe stop and be more productive instead of just going "I'm under powerd help me"

PvP hunters played well in group are epic dps, yeah they may be squishy but they skill steal most people's kb's and if a healer backs them up well they can kick some &&&&! these aren't as rare as you think, probebly most of these have no idea what to do cos the hunter is running away screaming "HELP!!! iI'M BEING ZERGED"

yes yes I agree your QQ is half right, the class has sucked for along time yeah yeah. but I stopped played because so many degrade it not wanting major revamps or keeping it as a derp dps alt... but maybe thats the design tbh? it says "basic" on the tin when making it lately. and it the generic dps class, most played class!

I really really hope devs aren't teasing us with this class revamp. I really hope many classes get completely redisigned and even broken. just so players can feel something new and have a fresh one. I just really don't see how you can dig the hunter back up without advancing more into the focus mechanism and removeing lodes of skills and more potent ones. the tree system really hands it's self better than current trait system too imo. just so much easier to play with as dev instead of debating win/lose traits and situational.

All I can say is that this entire thread typifies the reason why I look at the Hunter forums only about once every few months or so... I will explain:

I don't mind the complaining. We definitely should complain about what has happened to hunter in the last three years. But it seems to me if we want changes to the class, it would be nice if we could at least convey some sense of cohesion on the needs we have and stop tearing each other new ones in the process of discussing that.

The one thing I truly get disgusted by is the sheer amount of venom hunters direct at other hunters when they perceive them to not know where it's really at. Do we not get enough of that from other classes?

"L2P" ,"stop QQing" "I am in the top tier", and so on, do nothing constructive so much as divide even further an already troubled community. I realize we want to show our opinions and that is good, but applying some sense of brotherhood might help. Maybe the class being so solo oriented just doesn't engender the group mentality in the first place, but seems we could benefit a bit more by at least trying to support each others' points of view, even if they are not ones we share; show some respect to each other? It might diminish the "whining" perception just a tad.

On the whole, there are some very, very valid reasons for complaining and loud as hell at this point since no, we have not gotten needed attention to our real issues in well over 2 years. That we differ so wildly on what is most critically wrong and why is what I think is in part (not entirely), killing our ability to have any impact on blue names responding.

Wardens, Rks, griped yes. But I they seemed to be better able to get on the same page about what their gripes were. I wish we could do the same.

(btw: before anyone goes off on me being "new," this account is new to Lotro, I am not, as I have three and have been playing three years)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2