We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we please quit the "nerf" whining.

Can we please stop this idiotic crying "nerf" whining for every little adjustment to class skills. In case some of you have not noticed update 10 is bringing major changes to how will and fate work. ALL classes are having their skills tweaked up/down to compensate for these changes so crying out "nerf" in rightous indignation with every little change posted in the release notes is pointless.

Hunters, like Burglars are not in a good place right now, but please lets save the feedback for when update 10 hits (or do it on Bullroarer now) and post constructive feedback on class skills that the Devs can actually use for the upcoming class revamps.

All these nerf whines makes the Hunter forum sound like it is populated by a bunch of ... whiners. Stop it please.

Quote Originally Posted by oldo65 View Post
    Can we please stop this idiotic crying "nerf" whining for every little adjustment to class skills. In case some of you have not noticed update 10 is bringing major changes to how will and fate work. ALL classes are having their skills tweaked up/down to compensate for these changes so crying out "nerf" in rightous indignation with every little change posted in the release notes is pointless.

Hunters, like Burglars are not in a good place right now, but please lets save the feedback for when update 10 hits (or do it on Bullroarer now) and post constructive feedback on class skills that the Devs can actually use for the upcoming class revamps.

All these nerf whines makes the Hunter forum sound like it is populated by a bunch of ... whiners. Stop it please.
    A nerf is a nerf no matter what color you try and paint it or when you talk about it. We have been posting constructive criticism for about 2 years now and with not one dev post or even the slightest sign of noticing the ideas in the slightest. When we want change these days we need to be loud and annoying so that the whole community knows what is wrong so that we can not be avoided as a class and be left on the back-burner. Our efforts are seem in the twitter Q&A's where hunters have the most questions answered by devs although we haven't had one answer that related to the hunter class but just a generic post about how change will come soon for every class, which is kinda obvious and not helpful at all.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

I like how some random guy tell other what to do...

Sorry but whining is all that we have left. We are used to whine since we suffered from many nerfs it's hard to break that habit.

Secondly, we have threads proving feedbacks. They feel useless; I don't think they're read. I'm not even sure we have a dev browsing those forums at all. Since I hav joined lotro, I haven't read any blue post here.

Stop telling us how to post, to think or to express ourselves. Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

We've been continuously nerfed for over two years now.
    [color=yellow][center]B************ tells you, 'umm how do you hit so hard??'[/center][/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000046466/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

How about you quit trying to tell other people what they can or cannot feel, what they can or cannot say? That work for you? It works for me just fine so &&&&.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    How about you quit trying to tell other people what they can or cannot feel, what they can or cannot say? That work for you? It works for me just fine so &&&&.
    I think you made Kongas upset with your crazy suggestions!
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

Renbash all you do is troll in glff and now troll in hunter forums. Your becoming as bad as drummer and just as worthless.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000407a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thought often gets in the way of truth. Pain clears the mind of thought.
    But all thoughts free our mind, and let the truth make itself known.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithias View Post
    Renbash all you do is troll in glff and now troll in hunter forums. Your becoming as bad as drummer and just as worthless.
    He cant possibly make it to the point drummer has, thats fail on a scale rarely seen.

QQ wins, its worked time and again in lotro land.

Wardens cried about their mits.

RK's cried their heals werent as good as minis.

Creeps cried they didnt have enough DPS.

Some of you can go back further if you want but every class at some point has tears shed, the problem is hunters have been QQing a long time and accurately in a lot of cases. This is the official forum this is where it belongs.

Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

So please stop using this as crying you idiots.

wow, just wow. complete trolling.

Some hunter idea threads posted before aren't even based off of whiny.
    There are many good threads/suggestion thought-out without whiny.
    Hunters continues to whine because they want the attention of their dev.

Is it true that hunters been continually nerfed? Yes, but not every nerf was intentional. Each nerf has its reasons. But the true reason is "Was the nerf right to do or not?" sometimes nerfs are needed and sometimes they aren't.

Until hunters see a blue name in the hunter forums, the whining shall continue.

Note: I support constructive thoughts and not whiny threads over small changes.

Dare I suggest that perhaps Hunters are "whining" because.... Im just speculating here...... SOMETHING IS WRONG??!?!?!!?!?!?!

I will continue until Hunters get fixed.

and not just a "half fix fiddling" like Update 2. Im talking FULL FIX TO SHADOWS OF ANGMAR LEVELS OF VIABILITY AND EFFECTIVENESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithias View Post
    Yeh? Who said I can't use the forums? I simply said I agree to stop the complaining till you try it. Plus, Glff is fun to mess with considering all the people in it.

Suggestions are fine, it's when people go, "Why are they changing this!? I don't want it that way!". That's when it starts getting annoying.
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

is there bacon on the table? NO!
    are YOU putting bacon on the table? NO!
    then stop telling US to quite whining!

there is no bacon in hunters anymore, therefore hunters will whine
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Not one raid function demands a hunter, hunter is not a first choice for anything.

EDIT Allow me to explain.

The last straw I was clutching was that with running in precision stance instead of strength stance, at least we never missed: hunter had the best chance to hit.

This is gone.

My capped hunters have been logged on for raiding perhaps 20 times since Orthanc was released and 50 times for instances - simply because noone said "LOG ON YOUR HUNTER, PLEASE". Every step of the way has been a struggle.

Imagine that.

Someone asking you to log on your fav class.

Now I will still be unable to run hunter in DD strength stance and everyone has the same chance to land a blow.

Imagine a time when someone asks you to log on your hunter for a group activity. 2011 and 2012 it hasn't happened.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Feb 24 2013 at 01:58 AM.

I would like to have a class which have a role and value in a group.
    I do not want to have to rely on people taking pity on us in order to get a spot in a 6-mans or raid.
    3-mans are for the most part impossible to do on level (t2c) with a hunter in the group.

Even the working guardian-minstrel-hunter would choose a champ over a hunter, as most 3-mans need lots of aoe. Even the minstrel do more aoe than the hunter and the hunters single target is too weak to get the cluster of mobs down quick enough to avoid them going at the minstrel. A good guardian can barely hold on, Wardens cannot (usually). Going champ-mini-hunt and you have a problem at the bosses keeping the aggro on the champ. And so on.

People QQ'ing the hunter for the most part love their classes.
    They do not want to be OP (although, I am sure it is tempting)
    They want balance.
    They want to play with others and feel that they are contributing.

The QQ is not about being OP and uber at everything. We want things to be fair and we want to feel we have some value.

Currently we do not and we speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    I would like to have a class which have a role and value in a group.
    I do not want to have to rely on people taking pity on us in order to get a spot in a 6-mans or raid.
    3-mans are for the most part impossible to do on level (t2c) with a hunter in the group.

Even the working guardian-minstrel-hunter would choose a champ over a hunter, as most 3-mans need lots of aoe. Even the minstrel do more aoe than the hunter and the hunters single target is too weak to get the cluster of mobs down quick enough to avoid them going at the minstrel. A good guardian can barely hold on, Wardens cannot (usually). Going champ-mini-hunt and you have a problem at the bosses keeping the aggro on the champ. And so on.

People QQ'ing the hunter for the most part love their classes.
    They do not want to be OP (although, I am sure it is tempting)
    They want balance.
    They want to play with others and feel that they are contributing.

The QQ is not about being OP and uber at everything. We want things to be fair and we want to feel we have some value.

Currently we do not and we speak up.

Please for gods sake don't blame the class for having low damage because you don't know how to play the class you chose. Yes I am saying learn to play although it may be the most hated thing to see it is true. I have 0 problems in 3 mans with my hunter in fact I even farm IP T2C with 2 hunters and a captain we even had it on farm 12 minutes per run. If a warden cannot keep aggro then they are bad they only have to use two skills to keep it and it is OP. Wardens don't even need a healer for some 3 mans and a captain can solo heal a warden in SG t2c lol . Anyways the class is not broken you just don't know how to play or maybe the gear you choose is bad I don't know but when someone says something like that the only thing I can truly think of is that you don't know how to play.
    Last edited by Muzgakbash; Feb 24 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Imagine a time when someone asks you to log on your hunter for a group activity. 2011 and 2012 it hasn't happened.
    Thats pretty hard to argue against actually.

Muz,

Please explain why you disagreed with Murky's post. It has been proven that both Burgs and Champs have easily beaten your dps numbers while providing SEVERAL advantages to their groups. Learn to play... Really?

So, Im willing to learn here. (No sarcasm) Tell me what advantage a 3rd string dps class with average cc provides to their group that a burg or champ does not do better? Being able to be very successful does not exclude the possibility that another class might not be able to be even more successful than you are.

What is being asked for here is a clear reason to bring a hunter to a group. Right now Champs and Burgs have more utility and just flat outpreform hunters in almost every group setting. If you are honest with us you must agree that if you had a choice, a Champ of Burg would be the better fit for most all content in the game. If I am wrong, I honestly would love to know why I should want a hunter in my group instead of another class.

While you are VERY good, from what has been said about you, I imagine that if you really took a hard look at what you provide to your group you would honestly say that in most cases a Champ or burg or LM is a better choice in almost every case.

I hope you do not believe this is just an atack on you, it really is just me trying to get it into people's heads that just because a hunter can be successful,(and in your case VERY successful) does not mean that that a hunter is actually the best, second best, or in some cases third best dps choice for most instances.

What people who play and understand those other classes want is to be able to proudly post on OOC, Unite, or whatever channel is used on your server, "Hunter looking for _______, ready to go", and feel confident that they will not just be considered as a last choice, but actually preferred because they are needed.

Djasi,

A Guardian

PS If I had ANY other dps class that I could choose from right now hunter is last just due to current aggro mechanics and with first ages coming soon I am VERY reluctant to change my mind even with the proposed hunter changes. (my 2cents)

Thanks for the support JeffF611, but no worries.

It happens so often that it is a law or something that high ranked creep players like Muz points out that the hunters are not nerfed but OP and that all evidence to the opposite are just from people who cannot play their classes.

Obviously Muz is a person whom I have played with a lot since he made the decision that I am a poor player, and I am just making everything up when I say that hunter for dps is a poorer choice than the champs.

And IP t2c as an example... really?
    That is saying I can run the 100 meters faster than Bolt, given that I start at the 99 meter like.
    (Though I must admit, I would win only barely... I am poor physical condition for sure...).

I never said that a warden cannot keep aggro, I am saying that they are poorer at it than guardians.
    Just like champs heal others worse than minstrels, or whatever.

Fact remains, while for example a minstrel can fit into most 3-man combination, champs and even burgs as well, hunters have far fewer combinations available.

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    T

I never said that a warden cannot keep aggro, I am saying that they are poorer at it than guardians.

Wardens produce much more aggro than Guardians, most hunters just like to stay out of the 25m range and you can tell them multiple times they won't listen, wich means the aggro transfers are not working. I let them die until they learn, with full support from my healers. They get no heals too if they stay out of range

Quote Originally Posted by JeffF611 View Post
    Muz,

Please explain why you disagreed with Murky's post. It has been proven that both Burgs and Champs have easily beaten your dps numbers while providing SEVERAL advantages to their groups. Learn to play... Really?

So, Im willing to learn here. (No sarcasm) Tell me what advantage a 3rd string dps class with average cc provides to their group that a burg or champ does not do better? Being able to be very successful does not exclude the possibility that another class might not be able to be even more successful than you are.

What is being asked for here is a clear reason to bring a hunter to a group. Right now Champs and Burgs have more utility and just flat outpreform hunters in almost every group setting. If you are honest with us you must agree that if you had a choice, a Champ of Burg would be the better fit for most all content in the game. If I am wrong, I honestly would love to know why I should want a hunter in my group instead of another class.

While you are VERY good, from what has been said about you, I imagine that if you really took a hard look at what you provide to your group you would honestly say that in most cases a Champ or burg or LM is a better choice in almost every case.

I hope you do not believe this is just an atack on you, it really is just me trying to get it into people's heads that just because a hunter can be successful,(and in your case VERY successful) does not mean that that a hunter is actually the best, second best, or in some cases third best dps choice for most instances.

What people who play and understand those other classes want is to be able to proudly post on OOC, Unite, or whatever channel is used on your server, "Hunter looking for _______, ready to go", and feel confident that they will not just be considered as a last choice, but actually preferred because they are needed.

Djasi,

A Guardian

PS If I had ANY other dps class that I could choose from right now hunter is last just due to current aggro mechanics and with first ages coming soon I am VERY reluctant to change my mind even with the proposed hunter changes. (my 2cents)
    Really? I mean every champ and burg I play with I out dps 95% of the time you can also ask hunters like Yelk who also out dps these classes I mean all hunters do is complain and with this next update we will be even stronger. I have the option to play a burg and a champ but I play my hunter because it is asked of me so I do get invited to groups as a hunter. Sure burgs may have more utility with debuffs and CC and sure champs may be able to AoE but for single target straight boss fight dps a Hunter should usually out dps everyone. The class was not made for CC it was made for single target nuking thats why i rolled one in the first place. Would I take 3 hunters over 3 champs? Probably not but I would take 1 hunter and 2 champs for the extra single target dps.

When you look at it how many great hunters are there that can play the class to its full potential? Honestly how many good hunters have you Pugged with. The amount of hunters that aren't so great at the class heavily out weigh the amount that are good at the class. This is another reason why Hunter dps is looked down upon.. I mean you can't honestly say every hunter is great.. **** even I don't do as much DPS as I know I can. So yeah, maybe most hunters aren't as good as others and I am not calling my self the best at the class but I am saying that I am in the top tier of the class and I can out DPS most other hunters and most other champs and burgs.
    Last edited by Muzgakbash; Feb 24 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzgakbash View Post
    Really? I mean every champ and burg I play with I out dps 95% of the time you can also ask hunters like Yelk who also out dps these classes I mean all hunters do is complain and with this next update we will be even stronger. I have the option to play a burg and a champ but I play my hunter because it is asked of me so I do get invited to groups as a hunter. Sure burgs may have more utility with debuffs and CC and sure champs may be able to AoE but for single target straight boss fight dps a Hunter should usually out dps everyone. The class was not made for CC it was made for single target nuking thats why i rolled one in the first place. Would I take 3 hunters over 3 champs? Probably not but I would take 1 hunter and 2 champs for the extra single target dps.
    lemme try to translate this this:

Really? I mean every champ and burg I play with I out dps 95% of the time because i know exactly what numbers they all have... all of them. You can also ask one of the 3 hunters like Yelk who out dps these classes. I mean all hunters do is complain and with this next update we will be even stronger in my imagination. Im lucky and have the option to play a burg and a champ but I play my hunter because I have a raiding kin that is stuck with me. Sure burgs may have craploads more utility with debuffs and CC and sure champs may be able to AoE but for single target straight boss fight dps a Hunter should usually be 2nd or 3rd in dps. The class has no real CC, it was made for single target nuking thats why i rolled one in the first place back when it could actually do that. Would I take 3 hunters over 3 champs? LOL no, but I would take 1 burg and 2 champs for the extra single target dps and CC.

When you look at it how many great hunters are there that can play the class to its full potential? Honestly how many good hunters have you Pugged with? none. The amount of hunters that aren't able to handle the sheer brokenness of the class heavily out weigh the amount that can struggle on with the class. This is another reason why Hunter dps is looked down upon. I mean you can't honestly say every hunter is great... because you cant be. **** even I don't do as much DPS as I could because its impossible. So yeah, maybe most hunters aren't as good as others and I am not calling my self the best at the class but I am saying that I am in the top tier of the class PRAISE ME!!!! I can out DPS most other hunters and most other champs and burgs.

boo yea!!! praise me!!! bow down!!!
    Last edited by Lendas; Feb 24 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    lemme try to translate this this:

Really? I mean every champ and burg I play with I out dps 95% of the time because i know exactly what numbers they all have... all of them. You can also ask one of the 3 hunters like Yelk who out dps these classes. I mean all hunters do is complain and with this next update we will be even stronger in my imagination. Im lucky and have the option to play a burg and a champ but I play my hunter because I have a raiding kin that is stuck with me. Sure burgs may have craploads more utility with debuffs and CC and sure champs may be able to AoE but for single target straight boss fight dps a Hunter should usually be 2nd or 3rd in dps. The class has no real CC, it was made for single target nuking thats why i rolled one in the first place back when it could actually do that. Would I take 3 hunters over 3 champs? LOL no, but I would take 1 burg and 2 champs for the extra single target dps and CC.
    I know people who have played with you and from what I hear you really aren't good at the class so you can complain all you want but its good to know it means nothing to me lol. And for your information, yes I do know their numbers because seldomly do I pug and everyone in my kin has CA and on rare occasions they out parse me because of a few extra crits that I didn't get so yeah thanks for playing anything else you would like to try to justify?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzgakbash View Post

When you look at it how many great hunters are there that can play the class to its full potential? Honestly how many good hunters have you Pugged with. The amount of hunters that aren't so great at the class heavily out weigh the amount that are good at the class. This is another reason why Hunter dps is looked down upon.. I mean you can't honestly say every hunter is great.. **** even I don't do as much DPS as I know I can. So yeah, maybe most hunters aren't as good as others and I am not calling my self the best at the class but I am saying that I am in the top tier of the class and I can out DPS most other hunters and most other champs and burgs.
    You out dps burg and champs 95% of the time?
    - ok but in which configurations? Aoe setting, long fight settings? Single target setting?
    Personally I out dps melee classes when they are too busy running after the mobs and in long single target dps fights aka vs boss. That 95% of the time is too big to be believable, unless you compare your parse with noobs'.

The Class was not made for CC?
    - What was the yellow trait line designed for then? Ok it is barely used, but you can't say that the hunter class was not designed with CC in mind and only for nuking. Honestly the bowmaster line is the only one designed obviously for nuking.

It's easy to throw a L2play. Post a vid instead. And while you pug, not with your seasoned kinmates.

Personally I do fine in Erebor T2 instances only when I have a good combination. Other dps classes do more than fine.

I am not sure what you want to achieve with that L2play post, but certainly we are not going to balance the class around you and the other rares that claim they're pro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aohh View Post
    You out dps burg and champs 95% of the time?
    - ok but in which configurations? Aoe setting, long fight settings? Single target setting?
    Personally I out dps melee classes when they are too busy running after the mobs and in long single target dps fights aka vs boss. That 95% of the time is too big to be believable, unless you compare your parse with noobs'.

The Class was not made for CC?
    - What was the yellow trait line designed for then? Ok it is barely used, but you can't say that the hunter class was not designed with CC in mind and only for nuking. Honestly the bowmaster line is the only one designed obviously for nuking.

It's easy to throw a L2play. Post a vid instead. And while you pug, not with your seasoned kinmates.

Personally I do fine in Erebor T2 instances only when I have a good combination. Other dps classes do more than fine.

I am not sure what you want to achieve with that L2play post, but certainly we are not going to balance the class around you and the other rares that claim they're pro.
    With that mentality that means guards were meant to be able to have great dps and so were minstrels because they have a dps trait line right? Not really. We have the option to CC but its not our best and viable or intended role in the game. The role of the hunter class is single target DPS which I stated. Also why would I pug when I have kin that will out DPS pretty much every other pug and when I am out DPSing my kin mates I know I will out DPS pugs champs will win AoE because the class was built as an AoE intended class the claims you make are just ridiculous and yes the class should be built around people who know how to play it because a buff is not needed if the class does not need one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast