We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Lost LM lvl 15 Class quest

Good evening!

Yesterday I was doing "A Well Ordered Mind" quest, but decided to do some more quest before that one. So I had Dorset Oak with "Travel now" pending.

I accidentally deleted one of the quest sheets/items (I though that I had it duplicated *sigh*) And I can't see the quest anymore in my quest list.

Neither is Dorset Oak waiting for me, and the quest give (any LoreMaster trainer, actually) doesn't have any quest (not even in Cooldown).

Any suggestions?

Use this form:
    http://forums.lotro.com/new_bug.php?
    to submit a bug report. Explain what you did that resulted in your being unable to get this second quest a second time from a Lore Master trainer. You have to wait for an update to the game software that contains a fix for this problem.

My guess is that Turbine messed something up when this quest was changed to add the Travel Now to Dorset Oak. When I did this quest ages ago I had to walk over to him. That was back when you had to be level 35 to ride a horse. Your first horse cost 4,200 silvers.

Unfortunately, you are a free player. You do not have Game Master access. You can not talk to a GM to see if there is something they can do for you.

This class quests is not in this group. It something you need to be aware of. Some quests can only be taken once. If you cancel the quest, you can never complete the quest. It will never be offered to you again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Eh it's double xp week, so if you really want it, and you aren't very far along, just delete and reroll.
    You'll probably be lvl 15 in a couple of hours max.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Eh it's double xp week, so if you really want it, and you aren't very far along, just delete and reroll.
    You'll probably be lvl 15 in a couple of hours max.
    ^ This is probably the easiest option actually. Otherwise you have to wait much longer for them to fix the bug.

Question

Thank you very much for your replies. I will try to buy some turbine points to get the support. If they can't fix it I will go with your suggestion

Thank you very much for your kind answers!

Regards,

Leridian

I don't have a LM, so I'm not familar with the quest in particular; however, did you actually 'cancel' the quest or just remove (delete?) it from your quest tracker (the thing to the right side under the map)?

To cancel a quest you (typically) have to open the quest log, select the quest and press the 'Cancel' button and it will prompt you to make sure you really want to do that. If you actually did that then you'll have to go with what the others have said. Also be aware that you will get no feedback (zero, zilch, nada) when submitting a bug.

Alternatively if you simply right clicked on the quest in the tracker and selected 'remove' (also quests will automatically be removed from that area when you get new quests too) then you still have the quest. You can try 2 things

1 - Get to the general area that the quest is in and then right click the mini-map and select 'track nearby quests' (something like that). It should pop up in your tracker presuming you don't have other quests in that area.

2 - Make sure your quest tracker only has 4 (or less) items listed. Again the quest tracker in on the screen below the mini-map, it should have rings (whcih are essentially bullets) with the quest name on it. If there are 5 quests listed, right click on one of them and click 'remove' (removing does *NOT* cancel it). Now press the 'ring' icon in the button bar at the bottom of the screen. This should bring up the quests window, quests are broken down by location/type here. Since you say this is a class quest you should have a section titled "Lore Master", click the '+' to open that section and see if your quest is there, if it is then simply select it and press the 'Add to Tracker' button.

hope that may help
    Last edited by Ullr_of_Aesir; Feb 22 2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add info about quests being auto-removed from tracker

Good evening!

Just to update the post, I finally purchased some turbine points (I was going to do it anyway) and opened a ticket. The GM kindly (and very quickly) restored the quest. So it wasn't actually in my quest list (not just the tracking ones, but the actual list).

Thank you very much for your help to all who replied!

Leridian

P.D.: The reminder of the double experience week encouraged me to start a new character too, so it wasn't all in vain :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leridian View Post
    The GM kindly (and very quickly) restored the quest.
    To follow up on this: I also lost this quest, but the GM said they can't reset it, so it looks like there's no longer any way to restore this quest
    if you lose it. (I'm a premium subscriber).

Here's how I lost it:

When I received this quest, I got Benton's Catalogue, Page 3 and started the instance. During the instance I killed some goblins and
    Benton's Catalogue, Page 1 dropped multiple times in my Pending Loot. I looted them all and tried to delete one of the duplicates
    (which popped up the warning that if I deleted it, the quest would be cancelled, but I thought I'd be fine since it was a duplicate).
    When I deleted it, all the quest items disappeared and the quest was cancelled (but I remained in the instance).

Once I left the instance I went back to Dorset Oakes and when mousing-over it said 3mins or so until I could retry. (but there was no
    quest icon). Once the 3mins had elapsed, there was still no quest icon and no way to re-acquire the quest. Logging/restarting didn't
    fix it, and the LM trainers don't have anything to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by beorf View Post
    To follow up on this: I also lost this quest, but the GM said they can't reset it, so it looks like there's no longer any way to restore this quest
    if you lose it. (I'm a premium subscriber).
    Assuming you still have access to in game support, I would try again. Ask for a Senior Game Master to hep if the responding Game Master can't help.

Note: In game support is only available to subscribers and premium customers that recently spent dollars on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Assuming you still have access to in game support, I would try again. Ask for a Senior Game Master to hep if the responding Game Master can't help.

Note: In game support is only available to subscribers and premium customers that recently spent dollars on the game.
    Thanks, I'll try again. I can still create tickets. Do you know how recently I needed to have spent dollars? I've spent about $175 on the game so far, but my last TP purchase was late Nov.

Thanks, I'll try again. I can still create tickets. Do you know how recently I needed to have spent dollars? I've spent about $175 on the game so far, but my last TP purchase was late Nov.
    You get 30 days of support when you spend dollars - for example buy some Turbine Points. Your in game support would have run out in late December.

You would need to buy some more Turbine Points. Or delete your Lore Master. Start over at level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You get 30 days of support when you spend dollars - for example buy some Turbine Points. Your in game support would have run out in late December.

You would need to buy some more Turbine Points.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Another knock against owning vs renting the content.
    IMO, buying $60 worth of TP should get you more months of support than buying $8 of TP.

I had a couple tickets in about this issue with the GM and he never came out and said I wasn't entitled to support because I hadn't paid in the last 30 days.
    They were all "blow-off" type replies: Can't help with quest issues, file a bug report, you were offline, etc. Makes a bit more sense now.

When I started, I decided to "own" vs "rent" because I hated the feeling like I had to play that month because I paid rent (I like to take breaks, sometimes for weeks), but in retrospect it seems like a poor choice. Not to mention that "owning" is just an illusion: when Turbine decides to shut it down, it's gone.
    Ah well, too far down that path now.

Or delete your Lore Master. Start over at level 1.
    It's a craft alt with a lot of craft XP I don't want to lose. I'd rather just lose out on the quest.

Once I left the instance I went back to Dorset Oakes and when mousing-over it said 3mins or so until I could retry. (but there was no
    quest icon). Once the 3mins had elapsed, there was still no quest icon and no way to re-acquire the quest. Logging/restarting didn't
    fix it, and the LM trainers don't have anything to offer.
    I would try the trainer again, before giving up completely. Maybe the timer hadn't cooled down yet for the retry? It's worth a shot. I find it hard to believe such a simple mistake should cost you a class quest.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Senseo View Post
    I would try the trainer again, before giving up completely. Maybe the timer hadn't cooled down yet for the retry? It's worth a shot. I find it hard to believe such a simple mistake should cost you a class quest.
    Good luck!
    I did manage to find it. It's not offered by Dorset Oakes, and also is not offered by the LM trainer in the Bree Training Hall.
    However, it is offered by all the other LM trainers I checked (Dalton Willow in the Bree Scholars Stairs, Barton Tanner in Combe and Cuthbert Rook in Archet).