We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1

    Bow of the Righteous in Update 10

    And i quote
    "Hunter
    Reduced the power return on Bow of the Righteous"

    I got no words for this one, i'm speechless just speechless.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Yep, made a post in the other thread.

    To be precise, its been nerfed to give +4.9 - 7 power now. Time to start using different legendary traits.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  3. #3
    well yeah, but with the armor changes coming in update 10 this may mean an increased power pool.

    I'm going to hold comment until I see how all the changes integrate.
    [IMG]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000038d75/01008/signature.png[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#696969][FONT=Century Gothic]I7 960 | Sabertooth X58 | 12GB HyperX 1600 | 2 x GTS 450 | G13 | Corsair H70[/FONT][/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930

    DOUBLE FOLLOW THOUGH NERF-SLAP
    Good form, Turbine



    that's 2 whole legendary traits that would not be worth traiting even if they were class traits.

    "hey, bow of the righteous has not been scaled in 5 years since Shadows of Angmar..., think we should buff it?"
    "naw, Just nerf it"



    people, people, ...... we should not be surprised. Turbine has had us on their hate list since we accidentally became OP for a month in MoM, and have been thoroughly slapped out of our wits since RoI.

    This change finally answers my question: WHERE IS THE BOTTOM?......

    There is none.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1,475
    Coming soon to a Lotro Store near you: Scroll of Class re-roll ...

  6. #6
    I think they are forgetting to nerf the power returned by intent concentration and beneath notice, very sloppy
    Aleatar (HNT) Altuntun (MNS) Alearwyn (CPT) Aleawen (WRD) Alearelda (BRG) Aleariel (RK) Alearan (LM) Aleathelion (GRD)
    Alturrorz (WRG) Espinete (RVR) Don Pinpon (DFR) Alealuk (BA) Alamuete (WL) Farruquita (WVR)

  7. #7
    I think problem is not that we get less power restore from bow of the righteous, problem is that Press onward at least now give some power yet and some morale, bow of the righteous is completely useless, so I don't mind giving it no power restore but giving any kind of utility to that already poor trait. I won't complain yet about power nerfs, because every single class is getting their power restore skills nerfed (I think LMs and captains got more to complain). Anyway this nerf is not that bad. Beta testers say power is not a problem if you get enough fate, and if you use fate food, you never run out of power. We just have to wait and see.

  8. #8
    What a LEGENDARY trait! It's what every hunter wanted!
    Maybe it's time to slot Bard's Arrow again, we re going to Dale after all! :P
    Last edited by SimpleMan; Feb 21 2013 at 03:26 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  9. #9
    Bow of the Ridiculous.

    I've never slotted that trait (even in power-hungry Fleetness build). Now there's even less reason to do so.

    By the way, if any of you play wardens, check the normal red trait A Keen Response:

    "Successful Parries or Partial Parries will restore 1% of Warden's Power".

    Go figure.
    Last edited by Aedfrith; Feb 21 2013 at 05:18 AM.

    100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,027
    I dont think that there is a justification for this at all. Either Power management will be completely not a problem after U10 due to Fate changes and this skill as origanal or nerfed form or this skill is now just completely useless and we're still power deplete.

    Fingers crossed for the first case and that promptly a new set of legendary skills will be added to replace this and PO that are actually useful.

    I like the idea of penetrating barbed arrow, damage of pen shot plus stackable bleed with normal barbed arrow for 3 focus. inductionless. On the move, auto slow at 40%. Legacy for barbed arrow also increaes this bleed too (as well as class trait bonuses).

    I'm sure someone has a better idea but hey doesn't sound bad to me. Also likely to be the latter, obviously.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

    Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

  11. #11
    My hunter on br has 3.5k ICPR with only adding the new armour. I would say power is not an issue and in the tests I did on the dummy it was not.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    231
    The truth is none of these nerfs to our power return skills matter since power is no longer an issue. We are getting a 75% boost to our power pool and a 125% boost to icpr. Nobody should be running out of power.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wherever I happen to be
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    My hunter on br has 3.5k ICPR with only adding the new armour. I would say power is not an issue and in the tests I did on the dummy it was not.
    I do have more power sustain than RK's, that's not the point. The point is is they are nerfing hunters way to much. They killed our crit rating and now they're killing our legendary traits.

  14. #14
    I'm sure we will not have to worry too much for power gestion in u10.

    BUT...

    Once again, one of our legendary trait become less legendary and more useless.

    We can add it to the list of traits / skills which are useless and bad designed.

    Hello devs ! Did you look at press onward ? You know, the no more legendary trait which can't be used on the move (despite his name) and that has never been scaled since...bblabla blabla.. Anyway they don't want to listen to their customers so...
    Hunter-Estel
    Member of the 2013 Lotro Players Council

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wherever I happen to be
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestiliat View Post
    I'm sure we will not have to worry too much for power gestion in u10.

    BUT...

    Once again, one of our legendary trait become less legendary and more useless.

    We can add it to the list of traits / skills which are useless and bad designed.

    Hello devs ! Did you look at press onward ? You know, the no more legendary trait which can't be used on the move (despite his name) and that has never been scaled since...bblabla blabla.. Anyway they don't want to listen to their customers so...
    Press onward change is a good idea, improved fleetness should allow inductions on the move too.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    291
    This is an absolute &&&&ing joke. Turbine just delete the hunter class and let us re-roll another if you're going to nerf us to high hell and back.
    [color=yellow][center]B************ tells you, 'umm how do you hit so hard??'[/center][/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000046466/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #17
    The only good that is coming from all this is that other classes now are noticing just how stupid the Bow of the Righteous change is - see the Twitter discussion and Bullroarer release threads. I'm starting to think people's eyes are beginning to open - even if Turbine continues to go LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING.

    100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    The only good that is coming from all this is that other classes now are noticing just how stupid the Bow of the Righteous change is - see the Twitter discussion and Bullroarer release threads. I'm starting to think people's eyes are beginning to open - even if Turbine continues to go LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING.
    I don't think Turbine have the slightest idea what they are doing. The devs appear to be little more than monkeys flinging &&&& at the wall in the hope that it'll make a pretty pattern.

    I've said it before - Occams Razor; the principle that all other things being equal the simplest explanation is likely to be the correct one leads me to conclude they are actually in the pay of LOTRO's competitors.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    123
    well, Turbine, just remove this absolutely useless LEGENDARY skill.

    Turbine, you should realize that all skills in the game should be useful. If not remove them..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100002d3299/signature.png]Arrangaar[/charsig][COLOR=#b22222]
    Arrengash[/COLOR], warg rank 8
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Dark Blades[/B][/COLOR]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wherever I happen to be
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by xXnAAme View Post
    well, Turbine, just remove this absolutely useless LEGENDARY skill.

    Turbine, you should realize that all skills in the game should be useful. If not remove them..
    Everyone else has 8 legendary traits. You can't remove it without replacing it, besides our other legendary/class traits aren't very good anyway.
    Last edited by Blizzard12; Feb 21 2013 at 12:32 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard12 View Post
    I do have more power sustain than RK's, that's not the point. The point is is they are nerfing hunters way to much. They killed our crit rating and now they're killing our legendary traits.
    I must disagree with you here. Crit still isn't that hard to get close to cap, could still reach it unbuffed if I wanted to swap out certain things like relics on LIs. Plus there's a number of new gear with stacking +crit rating buffs that more than make up for any lost crit from the agi change.

    Neither of the legendary traits have been any good for ages since they never scaled from their original introduction. Especially with the change to fate and how easy it is to get your ICPR to more than double current values it's not a big deal.
    As well, most other classes are having most power regen skills adjusted, mostly negatively. It just happens that 2 of ours are legendary traits.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wherever I happen to be
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    I must disagree with you here. Crit still isn't that hard to get close to cap, could still reach it unbuffed if I wanted to swap out certain things like relics on LIs. Plus there's a number of new gear with stacking +crit rating buffs that more than make up for any lost crit from the agi change.

    Neither of the legendary traits have been any good for ages since they never scaled from their original introduction. Especially with the change to fate and how easy it is to get your ICPR to more than double current values it's not a big deal.
    As well, most other classes are having most power regen skills adjusted, mostly negatively. It just happens that 2 of ours are legendary traits.
    I concede on the first paragraph, however if it just happens that 2 of legendary traits are nerfed, one of the majorly, there is something wrong here. I don't use the trait Bow of the Righteous because it's weak, now it's going to be worthless. As for power, if all classes have so much ICPR that no class can run out of power, they might as well remove power all together, and since we have more power sustain then most classes, this is really just another nerf.
    Last edited by Blizzard12; Feb 21 2013 at 01:50 PM.

  23. #23
    It doesn't matter if we have power problems or not the issue still remains that we have 2 legendary traits which were useless and are now more useless. If they are going to remove the whole point of having it traited then they need to make new legendary traits cuz now they are just taking up 2 traits which are ment to be 2 of our most powerful. Using a pot is more powerful then using either of those useless legendary traits.

    Is it too much to demand a legendary trait be anything but useless?
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Legonist View Post
    It doesn't matter if we have power problems or not the issue still remains that we have 2 legendary traits which were useless and are now more useless. If they are going to remove the whole point of having it traited then they need to make new legendary traits cuz now they are just taking up 2 traits which are ment to be 2 of our most powerful. Using a pot is more powerful then using either of those useless legendary traits.

    Is it too much to demand a legendary trait be anything but useless?
    I have no disagreement that these legendary traits need to be replaced with something worthwhile. They really, really do.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    80
    I've unslotted Bow of the Righteous before and I've definitely been able to feel and notice it in my power pool. However, with changes to ICPR, I definitely will NOT be slotting this. Press Onward or RoT/Bards will be used instead.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload