We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reputation mounts?

I'm not sure where to ask this, so this forum is elected.

I understand that once you have kindred status with certain reputation groups, you have an option to purchase a special mount that's associated with that group.

I've made it to kindred with a couple of groups, but I haven't been able to figure out where and how to purchase the associated mount.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it very much.

TIA.

Find

Each faction will have one or more vendors which sell reputation related items. Usually in the capital or main settlement for that faction.

For example, for the Men of Bree, they are located inside and outside the Hunting Lodge in Bree, just west from the south gate and auction house.

I can't be more precise with an answer unless theres a specific faction you're interested in.
    Leader of The Rangers of Eriador

Thanks, Brya!

I currently have kindred status with the Wardens of Annuminas and the Mathom Society. I know there are faction vendors on the steps of Tinnudir Keep for the Wardens, but I don't think any of them sell the mounts.

You pay for them using gold rather than barter tokens, is that correct?

The Mathom Society vendor selling the steed is inside the society building, entrance floor. It's sold for 5 gold.

As for others, the Rivendell one is inside Imlad Gelair, Angmar Free Peoples in Garth Forthnir, Thorin's Hall in the Blue Stone Garrison... would like to learn the rest of them myself

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

At Tinnudir there are like 4 npc that sells items once you have the right level of rep. Be sure to check all of them! on map you can recognize them by a star icon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000002930e0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas88 View Post
    Thanks, Brya!

I currently have kindred status with the Wardens of Annuminas and the Mathom Society. I know there are faction vendors on the steps of Tinnudir Keep for the Wardens, but I don't think any of them sell the mounts.

You pay for them using gold rather than barter tokens, is that correct?
    The lower level regions usually require gold (coins) to buy reputation mounts (roughly 5 gold coins).

Higher level regions (Lothlorien onwards) usually require the local barter currency instead (if that region uses such a currency).

The Annuminas horse should be from one of the vendors on the steps outside the keep on Tinudir. The Mathom horse should be from one of the vendors inside the mathom society house.

A list of reputation vendors:

1. Eriador:

Faction name Region Vendor location
    Thorin's Hall Ered Luin Blue Stone Garrison (door near the waterfall in Thorin's Hall)
    Lossoth Forochel Sûri-Kylä
    The Wardens of Annuminas Evendim Tinnudir
    The Mathom Society The Shire Mathom House (Michel Delving)
    Men of Bree Bree-Land Bree
    Rangers of Esteldin North-Downs Esteldin
    Council of the North Angmar Gath Forthnir
    The Eglain Lone-Lands Ost Guruth
    Elves of Rivendell Trollshaws Imlad Gelair (hidden part of Rivendell)
    The Grey Company Enedwaith Echad Dagoras & Thror's Coomb
    Algraig, Men of Enedwaith Enedwaith Lhanuch
    Men of Dunland Dunland Galtrev
    Theodred's Riders Gap of Rohan Galtrev, Forthbrond & Grimbold's Camp
    The Eldgang Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu
    The Ale Association Eriador (festival faction) Thorin's Hall Basement
    The Inn League Eriador (festival faction) The Bird and Baby Inn (Michel Delving)

2. Rhovanion
    The Iron Garrison Guards Moria Twenty-First Hall
    The Iron Garrison Miners Moria Twenty-First Hall
    Galadhrim Lothlorien Caras Galadhon
    Malledhrim Mirkwood Echad Sirion, Mithechad, The Haunted Inn, Ost Galadh & Thangulhad
    Riders of Stangard Great River Stangard
    Heroes of Limlight Gorge Limlight Gorge (Great River) Stangard
    Men of the Entwash Vale Rohan (?)
    Men of the Norcrofts Rohan (?)
    Men of the Sutcrofts Rohan (?)

I haven't been to Rohan yet so I can't give you any information about that region.
    Reputation mounts can be bought with gold in Eriador and Moria (except Enedwaith factions), tokens are used in Enedwaith, Lothlorien, Mirkwood and Great River (don't know about Rohan).
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Steeds of Middle Earth is a great resource for everything having to do with in-game mounts, though it may not have been updated recently.

If you scroll down, you'll find they tell you the name of the NPC that offers the rep mount for the various factions. You can see that Manesir Goodbody in The Mathom House at Michel Delving offers the Mathom House steed and Celegdes at Tinudir sells the Wardens of Annuminas steed (which is called the Dark Chestnut Steed).
    A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post

2. Rhovanion
    The Iron Garrison Guards Moria Twenty-First Hall
    The Iron Garrison Miners Moria Twenty-First Hall
    They're also in Dolven View near the milestone.

I'm not sure where to ask this, so this forum is elected. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by revoked View Post
    Steeds of Middle Earth is a great resource for everything having to do with in-game mounts...
    And the Lotro Wiki is a great resource for everything having to do with... well, Lotro.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Reputation

I found 'em, thanks so much for the help! The Tinnudir vendor was standing a little bit away from the other faction vendors, next to a, errr, horse. (And yes, I did feel like an idiot when I saw it!)

I found 'em, thanks so much for the help! The Tinnudir vendor was standing a little bit away from the other faction vendors, next to a, errr, horse. (And yes, I did feel like an idiot when I saw it!)
    Yep, theres usually a horse near the vendor (or local stablemaster) which show you what the local rep mount actually looks like. Handy if you want to preview it before spending 5g.

I found 'em, thanks so much for the help! The Tinnudir vendor was standing a little bit away from the other faction vendors, next to a, errr, horse.
    Yes, as Brya pointed out, those horses are the ones you would buy, the "showroom display model" as it were. Same is true w/ Hengstacer's and all fests - the mounts standing around are the ones you can buy/barter/win.

Have fun stohmin' da castul!

Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    Yep, theres usually a horse near the vendor (or local stablemaster) which show you what the local rep mount actually looks like. Handy if you want to preview it before spending 5g.
    Is there one for the Mathom Society steed? I bought it the other day, but didn't see one about. (Not that it matters much, I'm *really* happy with their rep mount.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaas1981 View Post
    Is there one for the Mathom Society steed? I bought it the other day, but didn't see one about. (Not that it matters much, I'm *really* happy with their rep mount.)
    Don't think so, I didn't see one either. But that makes sense, seeing how the faction vendor is inside. (Pity the poor hobbit who had to clean up after the 'sample' mount!)

I don't think so, usually the reputation vendor is inside a building where you can't see any preview horses, unless if they're outside and I never saw them.
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips