We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Legendary Loot in Update 10

Here's what I could find so far on the latest Bullroarer build specific to hunters:

Notes:
    1) The Compendium plugin only shows 75 values, level 85 will have higher stats.
    2) It's beta, all stats and items are highly likely to change.
    Last edited by Beastnas; Feb 28 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Updated items for Bullroarer (B5)

Interesting, and thanks for the post; I did no expect to see that many more pieces of legendary jewellery - I thought it would be just one or two, but five? Guess it gives more customisability for hunters, I just hope these aren't acquired in the same stupid way the current legendary pieces are acquired, because my RNG luck is terrible.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Strange how 2 of the items can only be used by a Minstrel and a runekeeper, I`m sure it`ll be fixed before live

Any info on where each item drops ??
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Interesting, and thanks for the post; I did no expect to see that many more pieces of legendary jewellery - I thought it would be just one or two, but five? Guess it gives more customisability for hunters, I just hope these aren't acquired in the same stupid way the current legendary pieces are acquired, because my RNG luck is terrible.
    Should be six+ actually. Captains have at least 6 new ones (OP actually posted them over there too) but since the items were just released and nobody's really gotten them to actually drop yet, I can understand the difficulties of sifting through 60 pages of items to find 6 specific ones. I know which instance drops the missing piece, but I don't know what that piece is. (Fornost is the only missing instance as far as I can tell, comparing it to the 6 in the captain forums.)

I'm thinking that cloak might be a good upgrade from Draigoch, and I'm betting hunters (especially blue line hunters) can keep that crit buff up pretty much indefinitely, which means you can account for that crit in your overall build and drop it elsewhere. The big question is if it'll stack with the new gold agi ring that has the same/a similar effect of stacking crit rating buffs.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Looks like a lot of golds are colored teal and a lot of teals are colored golds atm.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

With a tactical mastery rating, I really hope that's not actually supposed to be the hunter's 6th gold, though it probably is. Here's to hoping it doesn't have that tac mastery on it once we hit Live.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

+14 Fate?

Isn't that a bit low or is fate in the current build so imba that you only need to stack a tiny tiny bit?

*yawn*

Sometimes its entertaining watching the wild dogs rip apart the scraps they are thrown, sometimes it isnt.

This is one of the times it isnt. Lot of agility, little fate.... Didnt turbine get their internal memos? Fate is the new "in stat" to have. Wanna bet their be a stat sale right after U10 drops?

finally a decent earring and pocket! the cloak is okay, too
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Where do you actually obtain these from?
    High Chieftain Ryucrat, Hand of Doom...Retired and done with Lotro for as long as can be

Man, that's a lot of stackable +crit rating procs on legendary gear, especially if you add in the gold rohirrim ring upgrade. Really seems like a waste to me though for those that are well geared. Wearing those would do nothing but put me way overcap for crit. Yes, i'm aware of the crit magnitude that would still increase, but once crit % hits cap that magnitude bonus suffers massively from DR so it's not worth overcapping much.

Edit. Love that pocket though, but it's odd that the bonus is lower than the currently available dagger for focus crit.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Updated screenshot of items as they appear in the latest Bullroarer build (B5). There's now the Fornost gold earring, and it looks like a few pieces had a little mastery added.

Thanks for posting!

How can you get those in-game? Craft, drops...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    Thanks for posting!

How can you get those in-game? Craft, drops...?
    They're a rare drop from instance.

Earring of the Fornost Hunter comes from Fornost wings, Annuminas Hunter's Jacket comes from Annuminas, etc...

helm is interesting but boggarts the horse-lord helm
    earring is cool, would need to see what the crit buff is, unfortunately fornost is bleh
    cloak is cool but again need to see what the crit buff actually is
    jacket is blah at best to hunters with any amount of fate
    bangle with 2% strenght shot slow? rofl i havent used strength stance since lvl 40
    pocket is cool, crit defence? ok.. 5.7% crit mutli on induction only whereas champs get 16% on all iirc... thumbs down there

all in all these are underwhelming at best
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000003a424/signature.png]Lurick[/charsig]

More importantly: what do they look like?

Turbine, where is your fascination with "Induction Skills This", "Focus Skills That" coming from? No matter how hard we try, we have to use both to remain effective, so you might as well add bonuses like "+5% to damage of 5 skills with the shortest animation". It's the same silliness as with legacies.

Granted, there is comparatively bigger usage of focus in blue, but at the same time those focus skills are significantly weaker, so while there is visible difference in overall damage Focus and Induction provide between Red and Blue, it is not THAT visible for minuscule bonuses to enhance them. Adding small bonuses to gear pieces is reasonable - adding bonuses that are small % of a small difference is pushing it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    Turbine, where is your fascination with "Induction Skills This", "Focus Skills That" coming from? No matter how hard we try, we have to use both to remain effective, so you might as well add bonuses like "+5% to damage of 5 skills with the shortest animation". It's the same silliness as with legacies.

Granted, there is comparatively bigger usage of focus in blue, but at the same time those focus skills are significantly weaker, so while there is visible difference in overall damage Focus and Induction provide between Red and Blue, it is not THAT visible for minuscule bonuses to enhance them. Adding small bonuses to gear pieces is reasonable - adding bonuses that are small % of a small difference is pushing it :/
    Given that the vast majority of the Gold Class item bonuses are based off of legacies, and that our legacies are 'induction skills this' and 'focus skills that' I would have to say that's why these are going that way. Until such time as they take a look at changing our legacies (class revamp later this year maybe?) I would expect more of the same from these and future items of this type.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

As long as the drop rates are the same as for the other RoR gold items, I don't give a damn. Haven't seen even one of them drop (for my and my fellows) though running dozens of BG runs (T1, T2 and T2CM) and hundreds of 3-man instances.

It's an inherent flaw of the new loot system that not only the very unlucky, but a large part of the population will never see those items even if they are willing to a considerable amount of grind.

Current drop chances for gold items are about 1% (even if you do CM) or less. For a 75% chance of a drop, you need 137 runs of an instance, for a 90% chance (i.e. if you really in for grinding) it will be 229, and if you are willing to grind until you have it (i.e. up to chance of 1% of extreme unluckyness) it's 458. For Annu or Fornost wings, you need about 40 min (for T2CM), i.e. if you are going for the 90% chance, then you'll need about 150 h of game time - that's just for one of those items.

Of course, there is the other side of luck: 25% of the population will see the drop already after 28 runs or less.

For comparison: In the old system, a teal item always dropped in T2CM. As there were onyl a few possibilities, the chance for your item of choice was at least 10%. For a 90% certainty to get the item, you had to run the instance 21 times, taking 14 h of game time. The lucky 25% of the population would have seen the item already after 1-2 runs.

I only hope that the drop chances are improved a lot with U10, at least for the more time consuming T2 and T2CM.