We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    between Joliet Il and Sturgeon Bay Wi and Iron River Mi

Question Help finding ornate gate key and iron grate key for CD

I have searched every skirmish vender that I could find trying to purchase the ornate gate key. I am playing a 79 min and have cleaned out the area of CD that has the pens...all the way thru the sewers and up to where the bridges are broken when a very large monster is killed and have not had the keys drop no matter what or who I kill. I have a level 69 hunter with me and we are able to kill everything but nothing is dropped that is worth while. It is very discouraging...we have been in three days and have completed nothing. We have to start over everytime we enter the instance. Help please!!!!
    Last edited by Group1; Feb 19 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: missplaced number correction

Quote Originally Posted by Group1 View Post
    I have searched every skirmish vender that I could find trying to purchase the ornate gate key.
    You need to kill bosses in Carn Dum for these keys. The Ornate Grate Key drops from Barashal, the troll boss. The Iron Grate Key drops from Azgoth, the morrevail boss.

A handy reference I found when I was first learning Carn Dum is http://www.lotro-guru.com/lotro-maps-carndum.html; Google can help you find additional walkthroughs if you need them.

The keys dropped by the bosses will appear in your inventory, and you will need to click them to add them to your passive-skill keyring in order to use them. Some Carn Dum/Urugarth bosses only drop 1 key which is rolled on by the entire group; I don't know how the open tapping changes may have affected these drops.
    Last edited by banjolier; Feb 19 2013 at 02:06 PM.

between Joliet Il and Sturgeon Bay Wi and Iron River Mi

Red face Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    You need to kill bosses in Carn Dum for these keys. The Ornate Grate Key drops from Barashal, the troll boss. The Iron Grate Key drops from Azgoth, the morrevail boss.

A handy reference I found when I was first learning Carn Dum is http://www.lotro-guru.com/lotro-maps-carndum.html; Google can help you find additional walkthroughs if you need them.

The keys dropped by the bosses will appear in your inventory, and you will need to click them to add them to your passive-skill keyring in order to use them. Some Carn Dum/Urugarth bosses only drop 1 key which is rolled on by the entire group; I don't know how the open tapping changes may have affected these drops.
    we will try again!