We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

best race for PVMP minstrel?

i‘d really like know what race do u think is best for PVMP and why.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f08d6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Twi'lek, hands down

hobbit-2 flops nuff said
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000067ad6/signature.png]Tacito[/charsig]

Hobbit.

Other races are too tall for the bushes
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Mar 07 2013 at 11:21 AM.

I'm also interested in some well informed responses. Hobbits small stature may help in temporarily hiding in the terrain. But my primary interest is in Racial traits that may be beneficial in pvp. I'm assuming these racials are not nerfed when pvping? And more generally, is anything nerfed once you get into the pvp zone? In other MMOs (like eq2), racials are nerfed.

You are not the OP

OP did not say we had to give intelligent responses :/

To my knowledge, no racial is completely nerfed in the Moors. Some are slightly less effective there, due to conditions.

For example, a hobbit can sneak, but it loses a bit of what it's normal stealth rating would be using that instead of, say a hunter stealth or a burg stealth. In the moors, this matters, because wargs love to poke around and un stealth freeps. And since wargs play with their food, it can get really annoying. Elves can sneak as well, and likely more successfully, as they won't normally be carrying around an entire pot roast.
    As stated before, hobbit flop is useful, man heal would have been a lot more useful had it scaled with the level cap raises. Elves and dwarves get some defensive skill thingy each, but no one goes near dwarves anyway since you could get caught in their beards.
    Hope that helps.

Hobbit - +1 flop
    +1 shortness
    +1 Stealth
    +10 Hobbits are just awesome

Dwarf - +1 -50% inc damage for 15 sec
    -1 smelly

Elf - +1 elf parry (maybe sort of kind of probably?)

Man - +0 man heal (useless)

So the totals are

Hobbit: 13
    Dwarf: 0
    Elf : Maybe sort of kind of probably but not for certain 1
    Man: 0

But seriously hobbits are pretty good. Double flop +stealth are pretty useful. Dwarves can be useful for the -50% inc damage when you are getting focused. (But thats what SoD is for so...) Elf parry is useless. (creeps get behind you and it means nothing) Man heal is useless when you can use coda, bc, rts, if or any other of your healing skills that heal more on a shorter cd.
    Jeridz l Rank 9 l Minstrel l Apex l Elendilmir

Flop?

several posters have mentioned the hobbit flop trait. I don't know what this is. I would guess it's the Hobbit-silence one? Someone also mentioned that their are two of them, but I can only find one way a hobbit gets it (lvl 35 goblins).

also, how is flop useful in pvp. what happens? if it's the Hobbit-silence, then it's basically feign death. does that mean enemies can't attack you while your playing dead? does it mean they lose target on you? does it mean that they can't temporarily target you? i have yet to even get this trait in pve, so not sure how the mechanics work.

A flop refers to fake death, you can't be targeted and damaged by direct attacks for 30 sec and stay in one place.

As for the best race Man is almost always superior because of the +5% incoming healing. nuff said

Race of man has +5% incoming healing. Great for a DPS mini and their self heals. The elves look funny when they hang their weapon behind them while in combat and you can't parry while flayer rooted. Hobbits are awful to listen to when they shout and now with the nerf to brands, who cares about flop. Dwarves are dwarves, nuff said.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    ... Hobbits are awful to listen to when they shout and now with the nerf to brands, who cares about flop...
    As a newb, I don't really understand this statement about "brands". Can someone explain? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by riny2 View Post
    As a newb, I don't really understand this statement about "brands". Can someone explain? TIA
    [item]Lainedhal's_Insignia_of_the_Fi rst_Marshal[/item] Usable only out of combat meant that you could flop and pop a brand before creeps had a chance to put you in combat. Back a few expansions ago, Feign Death was a 10m CD with a legacy compared to the 3m cd it has now. Having a second flop was a nice benefit for moors minis. It isn't as useful now (unless you're a hobbit hunter and you df after playing dead).

Brands are in combat now but give no combat state immunity, they only break you out of CC.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog