We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't get into Crickhollow

I've recently returned after a rather long absence and I thought to refresh myself I would start a new toon (went with a slightly modified version of a randomized name, the character's name is Siddharn) and start relearning combat skills from the bottom up. I downloaded and restarted around last Wed. And then of course the lengthy maintenance downtime hit immediately after.

When the servers came back up yesterday, Sunday, I played pretty much all day long. No problem. Except for one oddity. It showed that I had a "friend" log in, but I'd never heard of this person, nor had I yet added anyone on this toon. A bit strange.

I logged in for just a little this morning, and then it disconnected me. I have since been trying, now and then, to get on. It goes to the character page, fine. When I choose a character (I have 4 on Crickhollow) it brings up the loading page and gets "stuck". It never progresses on into the world.

I tried on Imladris and was able to get into one of my son's old toons. So is this a specific problem to Crickhollow, a remnant of this past weekend's problems, or something else entirely?

Thanks.

Unplug your modem for 30 seconds, Reboot your computer.

Thanks, Hazmat, but I don't think you understand. I can get on my characters on any other world. In fact, I'd already rebooted the computer, reset my router for my home network and such before coming to post this, assuming first that the problem was on my end. There is no "unplugging my modem" as such, since the only high-speed internet where I am currently is via satellite. Which may sound horrible (I thought so too at first), but has worked remarkably well.

Regardless, I have tested 3 other servers besides Crickhollow by now, and I can access all of them.

Two other games I play occasionally are also working. My wife has no problem accessing her movies via Amazon. I would suggest all this indicates that my connection is fine, but for some reason that particular LOTRO server is acting up for me. Quite strange.

This thread seems to be about the same problem as yours (there are more, but I am not gonna look all of them up for you... My time is limited).

About that friend list thingy: Friend lists and ignore lists are server-wide. This means that if you add a certain person to your friends list on one toon, it's on your list on all of your toons on that specific server. Maybe it's someone from a long time ago, or someone who helped you with something small which you don't remember.

Good luck with solving that problem, I've had it too for a while as you can read in that thread I linked, so I know how annoying it can be.
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Thornelas, Thank you very much. That does sound like what happened to me; it's a shame that person didn't say what server they had the problem on.

And thanks for explaining how the friends list works. That explains it, as the other characters on there are from so long ago I'd likely not remember.

Given that this is occurring so soon after trouble with their maintenance, and that I am not alone in experiencing the problem, I will just be patient and try again in a few days. And then try some of the other options you mentioned, though I've already been through a reboot and checking my firewall settings and so forth.

Again, thanks for your help.

No problem, although I doubt that this is linked to the last maintenance since it also happened before that. It's hard to determine the exact cause, especially if you're no computer expert.

Good luck on solving it though, I hope you succeed soon!
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips