We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Westfold profit items

Trying to make money as a westfold scholar. I found that I'm actually losing money by buying scraps of dunlending text and making illuminated records of the race of man, which I trade for sealed devices of power and sell, the usual stuff. Anyway, is there a way I can make a profit from this tier (IMO supreme is so much better than westfold) or at least turn westfold crafting into something useful? I don't really know what any of the items I'm making are, or whether legendary books sell for much, which legendary book I should make (for all I know they're all the same) and stuff like that. What's the most profitable westfold item to make? And I'm only level 42 so I can't really farm my own nodes

Typically, it's tough to make a lot of profit without farming your own nodes, since the raw material is used not only for making a finished product, but also for just grinding out the tier for proficiency. So you're competing with L85s with money to burn who need the material to just power through to Riddermark.

You might be able to make some consumables that would sell, but I don't know what. Champion Fervour potions or Hunter Focus potions are some things people may use a lot of and be willing to accept a slight downgrade from Riddermark. Probably not so much bow chants. But maybe Light and Fire Oils?

Really, I'm just surprised that there's a bigger profit to be made at *any* tier by making a product, compared to selling the raw materials. But I guess they have really increased the drop rate since I was a budding Scholar.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I see. Yeah I usually turn a profit with dyes if I buy the mats and farm (literally farm) the ingredients. Again, I can't really get supreme nodes either, but the x5 black and crimson dyes sell for around 2G a batch consistently. I might just blow some money on mats like you said, I don't really know what to do with the 15g I have except buy keys haha.
    So the lore master books aren't very profitable?

If you mean the Lore-Masters Book of the Third Age or Second Age, I don't think so. Third Ages drop plenty from the landscape. Second Ages require fairly expensive materials (though you may be able to get some of it from a skirmish camp with marks/medallions/seals), and I don't know how much the finished product sells for, but I don't know that many stop to pick up a L75 2nd Age. The nature of Legendary Items is that they're a huge grind to perfect, so people tend to wait until level cap to put a lot into them. Some people will put a lot of work into a L75 LI, though, so maybe check the AH and see what the average price for one is.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...