We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Someone also got a scroll case (III) from http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item..._Rohirric_Text
    I can confirm what Castorix said, i also got a will tome out of one of these boxes containing rohirric texts. I traded it for 3 of the tokens, definetely didnt drop from boss

It takes only a few hundred of attempts to understand you are not the lucky LOTRO guy.
    I never ever looted a recipe since the first nerf of the tailor recipes.

But the issue is not that there are a few rare items based on your luck with RNG.
    The issue is nowadays almost everything is based on your luck with RNG.
    At the same time difficulty of most instances is lowered to the unthinkable low standards, so they can be "farmed".
    Awful design. I refuse to grind like a madman.
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

Guys can you please explain me which mobs and from where have a chance to drop those recipes? Because so far I thought it can drop from any lvl 85 humanoid. Yet people don't farm such mobs for example in Wildermore, where there's plenty, but instead everyone talk about crafting instances. What am I missing here?
    Treat me mean, I need the reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstah View Post
    Guys can you please explain me which mobs and from where have a chance to drop those recipes? Because so far I thought it can drop from any lvl 85 humanoid. Yet people don't farm such mobs for example in Wildermore, where there's plenty, but instead everyone talk about crafting instances. What am I missing here?
    Any 85 mob, not only humanoids.
    I never do crafting instances, too boring (all mobs can be pulled/killed at same time...), I always farm 85 mobs in Wildermore and I got about a dozen (1/~10000 mobs)

Any 85 mob, not only humanoids.
    I never do crafting instances, too boring (all mobs can be pulled/killed at same time...), I always farm 85 mobs in Wildermore and I got about a dozen (1/~10000 mobs)
    Only humanoids drop the scroll cases, except for the final bosses of the crafting instances--they all have a chance to drop them.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Only humanoids drop the scroll cases, except for the final bosses of the crafting instances--they all have a chance to drop them.
    It has apparently changed since a recent patch, where they talked indeed about bosses
    Some friends got some on simple rats.
    Last edited by Castorix; Jun 26 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstah View Post
    The final bosses of the crafting instances supposedly got an increased chance of dropping them because of the *&%^storm that players raised when Turbine decided that Hytbold instance mobs wouldn't drop loot, leaving crafting instances as pretty much the only place to kill L85 mobs that drop loot (other than the few mobs south of Snowbourn).

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    The final bosses of the crafting instances supposedly got an increased chance of dropping them because of the *&%^storm that players raised when Turbine decided that Hytbold instance mobs wouldn't drop loot, leaving crafting instances as pretty much the only place to kill L85 mobs that drop loot (other than the few mobs south of Snowbourn).
    Until Wildermore was added.

Of course, it'll probably suffer again if they rescale Wildermore to 80-85 like they did with the Great River come Helms Deep.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

It has apparently changed since a recent patch, where they talked indeed about bosses
    Hm, that's interesting, but I'm still skeptical about that. I've never seen non-humanoid mob to drop even some plain recipe, so I'll believe in that only if I'll see it with my own eyes
    Treat me mean, I need the reputation.

I got a recipe for Horselords Tome of Might from a Rat Boss in the scholar instance

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Until Wildermore was added.
    Yes, this change was made before Wildermore existed. I am aware that there are L85 mobs now.

I'll believe that when I see it. It was very obvious when they changed the loot table for the bosses--they started dropping normal humanoid loot in addition to being able to drop the recipes. I haven't seen the same out of non-humanoid, non-boss mobs in crafting instances, so it's hard for me to believe that their loot table was even touched.

I have refrained from posting until today, cuz I finally got one! ONE recipe in 2289 clears of the crafting instances.

What does that mean to me? Nothing. The scroll was a MED armour shoulder that no one wants.

Bottom lne.... what a farce to say drops were increased from the boss or any of the mobs at all.

F you Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by giniluv View Post
    I have refrained from posting until today, cuz I finally got one! ONE recipe in 2289 clears of the crafting instances.
    2289 mobs you meant ?
    I got a dozen of recipes, but only on 85 mobs in Wildermore, or Sutcrofts before, and I had to kill around 130 000 mobs

What does that mean to me? Nothing. The scroll was a MED armour shoulder that no one wants.

Bottom lne.... what a farce to say drops were increased from the boss or any of the mobs at all.

F you Turbine.
    If NO ONE wants that shoulder recipe, something's wrong, since the one output makes THE BEST tanking shoulders available in game right now.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

F you Turbine.
    That's 17 crafting instances every single day for 137 days. True dedication--I can't even be bothered to do them on anything but DPS classes, and I certainly don't bother doing them unless they're filled with humanoids (though sometimes I do it HiPS or flop-style).

3 hours every day for 4.5 months...I would've lost heart long before that. Who was it that said that insanity was doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? I'd be giving the big F-U to my brain for being such an addict that I couldn't stop myself.

One recipe from the grodbog boss and another one a day after in an ore stack case (you trade them with 3 effort tokens).

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    One recipe from the grodbog boss and another one a day after in an ore stack case (you trade them with 3 effort tokens).
    That's some serious run good.
    [B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000e0d13/signature.png]fearthereaver[/charsig][/B]

Can confirm that they DO drop from Crates of Ore/Hides/etc that you can barter for with Tokens of Effort.

I have both a rat and a grog drop a recipe as wel as about 5-6 from craft boxes.

I can also confirm drops from crafting boxes. This weekend I opened 190-200 boxes (yes, I had few tokens of effort...) and I got 2x Scroll I (2x light shoulders...), 1x Scroll II (Vital bracelet) and 1x Scroll III (Fate pocket). So ye, although these particular ones I really dont need, they certainly drops.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

One from the bear boss yesterday

I didn't believe they drop from those crates until a few minutes ago... Just got one out of a crate of ore.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    I didn't believe they drop from those crates until a few minutes ago... Just got one out of a crate of ore.
    Thanks for the screen. Will keep on treckin' with those.
    [B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000e0d13/signature.png]fearthereaver[/charsig][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    This was the screenshot I've been waiting to see. Thanks so much!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Helmet of horse-lords recipe off humanoid boss in Parphad three days ago.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast