We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Crafting Instances - Post Here If Boss Loot Contained Horse-Lords Recipe

Thought I would make a thread for people to post if they found any rare loot such as the HL recipes.

I ran the crafting instances again. And again I got nothing. So I starting asking on Brandywine and no one in Glff said anything. Some players laughed and said it's a waste of time, the bosses drop nothing. Now I am wondering if that's true. The patch notes said Bosses have increased chance to drop them. If they dropped nothing in 36 tries is that simply bad luck, or is the "increased chance" so low you have to run it 100 times?

It would be nice if the bosses dropped a few tiers of different items, then at least you get something. But all I get is maybe a ripped cloak and 75 silver.

Anyway, hopefully somebody gets lucky and finds something good.

Boss Loot

I got Sealed Wax from all 3 baddies..
    Frekkles 85 hunter Torador 85 Guardian of Crimson Fury

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060100002b1de3/signature.png]Roughrough[/charsig]

Yesterday, a bracelet recipe dropped from a regular mob (archer) in prospector's crafting instance.
    As for the chance of boos drop, well, if a former chance was 1/10000 and now it's ten times more chance, it's still only 1/1000 chance for a drop, so your 36 tries are insignificant.
    Anyway, I would try do farm it at all. It's a good item, but any decent player can do any content without it as well as with it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000100363/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Warden(85), Minstrel(85), Rune-Keeper(85), Burglar(85), Captain(85), Hunter(85)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzol View Post
    Yesterday, a bracelet recipe dropped from a regular mob (archer) in prospector's crafting instance.
    As for the chance of boos drop, well, if a former chance was 1/10000 and now it's ten times more chance, it's still only 1/1000 chance for a drop, so your 36 tries are insignificant.
    Anyway, I would try do farm it at all. It's a good item, but any decent player can do any content without it as well as with it.
    It is useless now, as the bracelets and everything else will be outdated with U10...

It makes no sense and is actually ludicrous to think that the devs made the chance of a HL recipe dropping from crafting instance Boss 1/1000.

It's a daily. 1000 days = three years. It would take the average player three years to find a recipe off one of the bosses. One year if you did all three bosses everyday.

No sane person would ever do that, and by the time a year went by your recipe would be worthless vendor trash.

It cannot be 1/1000, and if it is, it's gross error in judgement.

Also, chances such as 1/10000 for the regular mobs, are absurd for a daily instance where mobs do not spawn. There are only about 30 mobs in the instance. Again it would take the avg player a year of dailies to find anything.

1/10000 chances are meant for areas where the mobs respawn and you can farm them constantly.
    Last edited by enginekid; Feb 17 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid View Post
    It makes no sense and is actually ludicrous to think that the devs made the chance of a HL recipe dropping from crafting instance Boss 1/1000.
    Yeah, that's way too high.

It's a daily. 1000 days = three years.
    Or 1000 player's per three instances means 3/day!

...your recipe would be worthless vendor trash.
    Certainly not rare.

It cannot be 1/1000, and if it is, it's gross error in judgement.
    True, perhaps it's 1/5000 or 1/10,000?

Also, chances such as 1/10000 for the regular mobs, are absurd for a daily instance where mobs do not spawn. There are only about 30 mobs in the instance. Again it would take the avg player a year of dailies to find anything.
    Or in our case of thousands of players per server, dozens would be dropping and these threads would be filled with oodles of responses.

Realize they probably estimate how many they want in the game total in a certain period of time (like half a year, assuming next expansion come autumn). They don't want 100% of the population to have them, or they wouldn't be "rare".
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Realize they probably estimate how many they want in the game total in a certain period of time (like half a year, assuming next expansion come autumn). They don't want 100% of the population to have them, or they wouldn't be "rare".
    But the reason they shut off loot from all Hytbold public instances was to stop the farmers from ruining it for everyone else. Now if what you are suggesting is true, then Turbine has made it compulsory to farm for these recipes. It's now THE ONLY way they will drop for you. There might indeed be 1000 players a day across servers actively farming for them. But each one of those players will be doing it knowing it will statistically take them 1000 days to get one.

How insane is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is useless now, as the bracelets and everything else will be outdated with U10...
    Well, one of the wersions of a bracelet that dropped for me, had something like 119 will, 119 fate, 200 morale and some crit (400 I guess). And it seems that after u10 there will be quite great demand for fate, and 119 fate is a really significant number for just one item that gives other good stats.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000100363/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Warden(85), Minstrel(85), Rune-Keeper(85), Burglar(85), Captain(85), Hunter(85)

I've still never had one on either of my lvl85 toons despite doing daily crafting instances and Wildermore (dailies and warband tours).
    There does seem to be an increased drop rate though. A couple of months ago these recipes were really rare with them never coming up on the AH and only being posted in GLFF for trade once a week or so; now there is always at least one on the AH and I see several recipes offered for trade every day.

On July 17th I had a Shoulder Recipe drop in the Scholar Daily. It didn’t drop from the Boss, but from the very first Orc in the instance.

In the week since, I’ve not had another drop from any mob or from the Crate Stacks.
    I suspect the Ancient Scrolls drop at the same rate range as the best two items from Silver Hobbit presents; 0.09% for the Scroll of Perfect Crafting Lore and 0.99% for the Fine Mathom Hunter Armour.

Since the people saying the drop rate has improved have not posted another drop, I’ll chalk up those drops as a lucky streak. Either that or some characters really are luckier than others – since I’m out of Tin Foil, I’ll go with a 0.09% drop rate.

One adjustment that could be made to help out the players is to have the Scroll Case drop according to the players armour type. Example: Player rolls a win for a case, system checks armour type and does a 2nd roll with a 75% chance to get the primary armour class stat and a 25% chance to get the Fate version. Other loot already drops according to Class/Armour so why not make that change for the Ancient Scroll Case?

As it turned out, my Scroll Case was for Heavy Shoulders and I play a Light Armour Class – I gave the recipe to a Kin Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    On July 17th I suspect the Ancient Scrolls drop at the same rate range as the best two items from Silver Hobbit presents; 0.09% for the Scroll of Perfect Crafting Lore and 0.99% for the Fine Mathom Hunter Armour.
    It's a lot lower than this rate.
    I kill, nearly every day, 85 mobs in Wildermore (about 1000-1500 a day)
    I get an average of 1 scroll per week (I got 3 scrolls in last 4 days, but I get none during a month sometimes...)
    So it is about 1/10000 (at least for landscape mobs)

It's a lot lower than this rate.
    I kill, nearly every day, 85 mobs in Wildermore (about 1000-1500 a day)
    I get an average of 1 scroll per week (I got 3 scrolls in last 4 days, but I get none during a month sometimes...)
    So it is about 1/10000 (at least for landscape mobs)
    Except we're talking about crafting instances, where the bosses and crates have an increased chance of dropping them. I get one about every 3 days, killing 18 bosses and opening 18 crates over that time. So maybe 3%?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Except we're talking about crafting instances, where the bosses and crates have an increased chance of dropping them. I get one about every 3 days, killing 18 bosses and opening 18 crates over that time. So maybe 3%?
    I went back over the past 30 days of log and counted 70 craft instances (I only have one level 85). I was not able to do all 3 each day because of work/holiday/kin runs and such. Forget the Shoulder scroll I just got was my first ever from the craft instances. Just calculation that 30 day period, the drop rate of Boss/Mob is 1.42% and adding in the crates (which I've never got one from) the rate is 0.71%. Maybe I should go out and buy some Tin Foil.
    Last edited by JeauxLOTR; Jul 23 2013 at 04:35 PM.

I think the RNG hates me.

I do all 3 instances on 2 toons daily. 1 toon for about 5 months the other for the last 6 weeks, and have still never had a single drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    I think the RNG hates me.

I do all 3 instances on 2 toons daily. 1 toon for about 5 months the other for the last 6 weeks, and have still never had a single drop.
    It is better to farm 85 mobs, I found ~20 recipes now (several this week-end with increased RNG...)

It is better to farm 85 mobs, I found ~20 recipes now (several this week-end with increased RNG...)
    Finished Wildermore on both toons too. Have 2 Wildermore Gold pockets on one toon and 1 on the other, so it's not like I haven't killed a bunch of lvl85 mobs, but the HL recs still elude me.

EDIT:

Well.....

[08/16 11:34:44 AM] You have acquired a [Ancient Riddermark Scroll Case I].
    [08/16 11:35:53 AM] You open the scroll case and find a [Pauldrons of the Horse-lords Recipe]!

From Orc boss in Parphad this morning.
    Last edited by Grapold; Aug 16 2013 at 06:44 AM.

I found 20 recipes too... all on Boss and craft box. Yesterday, I was especially lucky to find two recipes on my main char. One on the Parpadh boss and another on the imping boss

Point is... you just have to be lucky enough, but I certainly kill less thing than you ^^
    Last edited by Gardhik; Aug 18 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Found a horselord's might pocket recipe over the weekend off rat boss in scholar instance.