We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Crafting Instances - Post Here If Boss Loot Contained Horse-Lords Recipe

Thought I would make a thread for people to post if they found any rare loot such as the HL recipes.

I ran the crafting instances again. And again I got nothing. So I starting asking on Brandywine and no one in Glff said anything. Some players laughed and said it's a waste of time, the bosses drop nothing. Now I am wondering if that's true. The patch notes said Bosses have increased chance to drop them. If they dropped nothing in 36 tries is that simply bad luck, or is the "increased chance" so low you have to run it 100 times?

It would be nice if the bosses dropped a few tiers of different items, then at least you get something. But all I get is maybe a ripped cloak and 75 silver.

Anyway, hopefully somebody gets lucky and finds something good.

Boss Loot

I got Sealed Wax from all 3 baddies..

Yesterday, a bracelet recipe dropped from a regular mob (archer) in prospector's crafting instance.
    As for the chance of boos drop, well, if a former chance was 1/10000 and now it's ten times more chance, it's still only 1/1000 chance for a drop, so your 36 tries are insignificant.
    Anyway, I would try do farm it at all. It's a good item, but any decent player can do any content without it as well as with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzol View Post
    Yesterday, a bracelet recipe dropped from a regular mob (archer) in prospector's crafting instance.
    As for the chance of boos drop, well, if a former chance was 1/10000 and now it's ten times more chance, it's still only 1/1000 chance for a drop, so your 36 tries are insignificant.
    Anyway, I would try do farm it at all. It's a good item, but any decent player can do any content without it as well as with it.
    It is useless now, as the bracelets and everything else will be outdated with U10...

It makes no sense and is actually ludicrous to think that the devs made the chance of a HL recipe dropping from crafting instance Boss 1/1000.

It's a daily. 1000 days = three years. It would take the average player three years to find a recipe off one of the bosses. One year if you did all three bosses everyday.

No sane person would ever do that, and by the time a year went by your recipe would be worthless vendor trash.

It cannot be 1/1000, and if it is, it's gross error in judgement.

Also, chances such as 1/10000 for the regular mobs, are absurd for a daily instance where mobs do not spawn. There are only about 30 mobs in the instance. Again it would take the avg player a year of dailies to find anything.

1/10000 chances are meant for areas where the mobs respawn and you can farm them constantly.
    Last edited by enginekid; Feb 17 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid View Post
    It makes no sense and is actually ludicrous to think that the devs made the chance of a HL recipe dropping from crafting instance Boss 1/1000.
    Yeah, that's way too high.

It's a daily. 1000 days = three years.
    Or 1000 player's per three instances means 3/day!

...your recipe would be worthless vendor trash.
    Certainly not rare.

It cannot be 1/1000, and if it is, it's gross error in judgement.
    True, perhaps it's 1/5000 or 1/10,000?

Also, chances such as 1/10000 for the regular mobs, are absurd for a daily instance where mobs do not spawn. There are only about 30 mobs in the instance. Again it would take the avg player a year of dailies to find anything.
    Or in our case of thousands of players per server, dozens would be dropping and these threads would be filled with oodles of responses.

Realize they probably estimate how many they want in the game total in a certain period of time (like half a year, assuming next expansion come autumn). They don't want 100% of the population to have them, or they wouldn't be "rare".
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is useless now, as the bracelets and everything else will be outdated with U10...
    Well, one of the wersions of a bracelet that dropped for me, had something like 119 will, 119 fate, 200 morale and some crit (400 I guess). And it seems that after u10 there will be quite great demand for fate, and 119 fate is a really significant number for just one item that gives other good stats.

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Realize they probably estimate how many they want in the game total in a certain period of time (like half a year, assuming next expansion come autumn). They don't want 100% of the population to have them, or they wouldn't be "rare".
    But the reason they shut off loot from all Hytbold public instances was to stop the farmers from ruining it for everyone else. Now if what you are suggesting is true, then Turbine has made it compulsory to farm for these recipes. It's now THE ONLY way they will drop for you. There might indeed be 1000 players a day across servers actively farming for them. But each one of those players will be doing it knowing it will statistically take them 1000 days to get one.

How insane is that?

Nonsense. They are still epic items that not only have a higher item level than our current gear, they also still have their extra stat making them a combined ~15% better than the normal teal loot. U10 wont bring magically superior stuff.

SOME recipe outputs will lose some value with the stat and power changes, but thats it.

It would be nice if the bosses dropped a few tiers of different items, then at least you get something. But all I get is maybe a ripped cloak and 75 silver. ...
    You primarily get what is to get for the boss quest; LI titles, Compendium IV etc. THAT is the sole purpose of the bosses. This has not changed with their increased chance to drop the recipes.

... Now if what you are suggesting is true, then Turbine has made it compulsory to farm for these recipes.
    Its not more "compulsory" than before.

It's now THE ONLY way they will drop for you.
    Wrong. They have a chance to drop from all lvl 85 mobs. This includes instances with loot-dropping mobs.

I think the general point you are missing is that these recipes are supposed to be extremely rare. The actual drop chance matters not much because it is so low that farming for them is a nonsensical activity, except when using the extremely-fast-killing-method that was used in the Cliving trains and Defence instance farming.

You´ve been posting away on this issue while ignoring the elephant in the room, which is that they are not supposed to be farmable.
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Feb 17 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    Its not more "compulsory" than before.
    How isn't it?

I never looked for any recipe, ever. Never farmed anything, ever. And i found four recipes while simply doing my normal character quests: Aiding the Eastemnet.

Now in order to get one you MUST go into these crafting instances. That activity is compulsory if you wish to find one.

Before, I never even wished to find one, in fact I didn't even know Ancient Scrolls existed, until after I noticed them in my inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    Nonsense. They are still epic items that not only have a higher item level than our current gear, they also still have their extra stat making them a combined ~15% better than the normal teal loot. U10 wont bring magically superior stuff.
    Gold bracelets and gear from U10 are better than actual ones (just see their stats as you apparently even did not see them...)
    Then it is useless to farm them before U10.
    Last edited by Castorix; Feb 17 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Are people struggling with the definition of 'rare'?

MMOs. They have rare stuff. People camp mobs. People farm mobs. People get happy when the rare item drops.

And thus it has ever been, since the dawn of the MMO.

You think we never had "waah I never got my symbol from Sammath Gul"? Or "waah I never got the earring I wanted from the Watcher"?

, then Turbine has made it compulsory to farm for these recipes.
    You're definitely struggling with the definition of 'compulsory'.

They're rare, people. Uncommon. You can go sit in a crafting instance and pray or you can pick another item to lust after, but do we really need all the demands that you should have one because you did the crafting instance twice or the accusation Turbine are doing something wrong by making a strong raid-quality item available to soloers and grinders?
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    You're definitely struggling with the definition of 'compulsory'.
    No i am not. You are struggling with the ability to read through peoples posts and understand what's logically laid out.

No i am not.
    You are obsessed with those recipes. How many threads did you make on the subject? And who exactly put a gun to your head to make nonsensical farming "compulsory" for anyone? News flash - you dont even have to play the game, you can just go do something else with better probability of success if you are so annoyed with not getting some loot.

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    News flash - you dont even have to play the game, .
    That's a great argument.

Gold bracelets and gear from U10 are better than actual ones (just see their stats as you apparently even did not see them...)
    Then it is useless to farm them before U10.
    Clearly this.
    And that has less to do with rarity, more with the process of acquisition, which is purely random and does not acknowledge bad/good streaks. I have not dropped any single golden item since the release of the expansion. And I tried. For players in quest of optimization, this is a very lame design.
    Since there is no carrot on the stick to begin with, farming those instances for those recipes , so close from U10 is a waste of time.

That's a great argument.
    And what kind of argument would you acknowledge? People already told you - its RARE. You may try farm it for years and never get it if you are out of luck. So either grit your teeth and prepare yourself for a looong farming or give up on the entire idea.

The way I see it, after you already found 4 of those recipes, your whining is a slap in the face for people who never found a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    And what kind of argument would you acknowledge? People already told you - its RARE. You may try farm it for years and never get it if you are out of luck. So either grit your teeth and prepare yourself for a looong farming or give up on the entire idea.

The way I see it, after you already found 4 of those recipes, your whining is a slap in the face for people who never found a single one.
    This has already been discussed at length in the other thread. You are rehashing it here. You obviously are aware of that and read my posts there. You are welcome to talk about it there. This thread is supposed to be about posting if you found anything.

Thanks.

How isn't it?

I never looked for any recipe, ever. Never farmed anything, ever. And i found four recipes while simply doing my normal character quests: Aiding the Eastemnet.

Now in order to get one you MUST go into these crafting instances. That activity is compulsory if you wish to find one.

Before, I never even wished to find one, in fact I didn't even know Ancient Scrolls existed, until after I noticed them in my inventory.
    I think the problem here is in your wording. You specifically said that its compulsory to farm them. That may not be what you meant, but a literal reading of your sentence points to you being incorrect. Of course you dont NEED to farm them, Im assuming you meant that you need to farm them IF you want the item. Its just semantics, but people will usually jump all over it if you arent clear with your wording.

Most of the time, what people mean is that you need to do x if you want y, since there are very few paths to get y. And thats probably the biggest issue, that there are too few paths to get the item. But that may be the design, so you have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluck View Post
    I think the problem here is in your wording. You specifically said that its compulsory to farm them. That may not be what you meant, but a literal reading of your sentence points to you being incorrect. Of course you dont NEED to farm them, Im assuming you meant that you need to farm them IF you want the item. .
    Reading this:

Turbine has made it compulsory to farm for these recipes. It's now THE ONLY way they will drop for you.
    If you want a recipe you are now compelled to do they crafting instances. Other posters like the ones above have read through the other thread, where this was made very clear. They know exactly what is meant. They just want to troll me about semantics. And to me that's no different than trolling someone about their spelling and grammar, which is violating the Community Guidelines.

This thread is not intended to be about this. It's for people to post if the found anything, and it's going off track.

Lets all please restrict our comments to that specific topic thanks.

Getting back to the original subject... No, i have never found a horse-lord recipe in the crafting instances.

I've asked around too, nobody has. Sorry turbine devs but this was a really stupid idea.

To quote Kevin Bridges:

"I saw a sign that said, Have you seen this man?

So I phoned up and said, No."

Cheer up mate and forget those recipes. You will feel better.
    Last edited by Edelhardt; Feb 18 2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.

There is currently no itemization loot from instances in the current BR build. So as of now those bracelets are still the best even with U10, not only that their stats were boosted a bit from what they are now on live. Killing mobs endlessly is a lost cause right now imo and I am hoping they implement a better way to get them as it is indeed ridiculous.

For Me:

Bosses Killed: Who knows/cares.
    Ancient Scroll Cases Dropped: 0
    Last edited by xDementedx; Feb 18 2013 at 03:21 PM.

I've run the crafting instances since the change and so far, no recipes.

Quite frankly, it doesn't bother me at all that I haven't gotten one. The stats on the critted versions of the jewelry are only marginally better than items you can get much easier in skraids or instances. In fact, if it was extremely easy to get these items....it would take away the whole "rarity" of the item. I think having the new recipes as both a rare and random drop is also a good idea. It will leads to some variances in builds, and people will hopefully feel truly proud of their uniqueness. It's a throwback to the good old "Elder Staff" and "Hill-Defender" days: the days when people could obtain very rare items and not feel like they were shopping at Sears or JC Penny's for gear!

If you want a recipe you are now compelled to do they crafting instances.
    They drop from all lvl 85 mobs.

So no you are not compelled to run these instances now as much as you were compelled to run them before if you want to get a recipe.

They simply raised the drop rate from the bosses but other lvl 85 mobs still have their small chance to drop them.

Just because for a solo player the crafting instances are now the spots with the easiest way to access lvl 85 mobs with a decent number of mobs does not make them compulsory to get a recipe.

My only recipe drop came before the changes from a Hytbolt daily without doing any farming.
    Sold for a nice chunk on the AH. Personally I have better things to do with my time than hunting such an item down. To each their own i guess. Turbine wants it rare, let it be rare.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast