We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Changes with U10?

Hello Hunters! I've recently started playing lotro again and have been hearing some things about fate and crit changes with U10 (coming in ~10 days yes?) I was wondering if someone could outline the changes being made and what that means for hunters now. Is agility still our main stat? etc..
    Tuctas: 85 Hunter on Elendilmir. Looking for an active raiding kin!

crit from agi is adjusted down from 1.75 to 1.0
    crit from fate adjusted up from 1.75 to 2.5
    powerpools standarized to a set number (dont remember)
    icpr from fate increased by a lot dont remember numbers there either.

but basicly the changes makes us hit a little weaker for a little longer.

basicly a plain nerf. not a huge one, but a nerf, would require some regearing etc if you had an optimized build, but not much else that affects us directly as hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuvcake View Post
    crit from agi is adjusted down from 1.75 to 1.0
    crit from fate adjusted up from 1.75 to 2.5
    powerpools standarized to a set number (dont remember)
    icpr from fate increased by a lot dont remember numbers there either.

but basicly the changes makes us hit a little weaker for a little longer.

basicly a plain nerf. not a huge one, but a nerf, would require some regearing etc if you had an optimized build, but not much else that affects us directly as hunters.
    You left the part out where crit crating effects both chance and MAGNITUDE. Agi was nerfed but the hunter class was not. Crit was already easy to cap out and many hunters had more crit then they actually needed. It actually isn't that big a deal as the new armor sets give fate and if you retool your hunter a bit you will find that our DPS went UP not down.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Waylen View Post
    You left the part out where crit crating effects both chance and MAGNITUDE. Agi was nerfed but the hunter class was not. Crit was already easy to cap out and many hunters had more crit then they actually needed. It actually isn't that big a deal as the new armor sets give fate and if you retool your hunter a bit you will find that our DPS went UP not down.
    And people wondered and talked nonsense about me when I said I would ask cappies for the parry buff because my crit was already over cap. With the cappy buff post U10 my crit is once again capped and with dev magnitude too? That's really great news.

One extra change that will affect you a little bit is the change to armour sets. 3 and 5 bonuses are being moved to 2 and 4. 2 and 4 bonuses are being removed.

Essentially, you'll lose some stats (a bit of crit/phys mastery/finesse) but you'll gain the ability to have three set bonuses, and looking at the new armour bonuses from the raids, that's going to massively boost hunter DPS. Moors hunters of course will lose out, since many went 2/2/2 for the stat bonuses which no longer exist.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Waylen View Post
    you left out the part about how they buffed crit defense (not that we have any on our gear of course) and added/increased the amount on sig+ mobs.