We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Is paying money for additional features a one time thing or monthly?

Hey. I was looking on the launcher and just realized that we free players don't get a single thing in compensation for the downtime of the servers. and I being a lord of the rings online player myself, Am not happy about that. sure go ahead and give the vips and premium players big things but you don't leave a scrap for us? we probably make up the majority of the players but we can't even post on the official forums? Well if I HAVE to pay money to get any satisfaction out of this game and all its downtimes, how much is it and is it one time or monthly?

and forgive me for my rashness. I'm just a bit dissappointed like everyone else is about the downtime. I hope it will be up soon.
    Last edited by Bradleymee; Feb 16 2013 at 12:05 AM.

To get a premium account you just need to purchase some TP in a way that is not a giftcard. So the price on that can actually vary quite a bit. I think the minimum amount of points you can purchase is at 8 US dollars, rounding it out. And once you make the purchase, your account will always be premium, no matter if you never buy points again.

I believe VIP subscriptions cost about 10 USD a month, but they come with a lot of perks, too, like unlocking almost all of the game's content, plus a monthly 'allowance' of some TP, and other such things. I don't know the specifics, as I do not have a VIP account.

As for accounts that have never bought anything from Turbine, I can kind of see why they don't feel the need to compensate them for a 'loss', as nothing material has been 'lost'. Those accounts have not sunk real money in (as far as they can tell), nor have they lost subscription play-time like the VIP accounts. They approached it from a strictly business point of view, and I can't blame them for that.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/10hncxh.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"][MY ALTS] [B]Balvur[/B] warden/ [b]Hallti[/b] guardian/ [b]Hila[/b] burglar/ [b]Elenauriel[/b] runekeeper/ [b]Dolmifaynar[/b] minstrel [/COLOR]
    I speak my mind because it [COLOR="#B22222"][i]hurts[/i][/COLOR] to bite my tongue

Thumbs up

Ok. thank you for being understanding. I am probably going to get premium access by buying it. but i probably won't be able to get to vip because i just dont have the money to up hold monthly subscriptions. Thanks for helping though.

Any time you pay ANY amount of real-life money on the game, you are upgraded to Premium. Permanently. If you have purchased a package of Turbine Points, you'll also get 30 days of in-game support... but you'll still be Premium forever. You can buy a Turbine Points card in a store and apply it to your account, or you can use a credit card to buy points in the LotRO Store. I think the smallest package is more like $7, but you get a better deal per point the more points you buy. You don't ever have to pay another thing in order to stay Premium.

If you choose to subscribe even for just a month, you'll be VIP while your subscription is active and Premium after your subscription ends. If you choose to go this way, any characters you LOG IN during this time get additional benefits that ordinarily even Premium players would need to buy. Subscriptions are $15 per month, $30 for 3 months, or $99 per year.

Going Premium or VIP will also permanently grant you the ability to mail and trade in-game money, which I know can be a real handicap if you want to trade with other players. In-game mail is also the only way you can send in-game money to your other character on the same server.

I can understand that you'd feel disappointed that Turbine didn't give you anything for the extended downtime. I'm glad that you're considering paying something for the services you've been using and I hope you enjoy the extra benefits that doing this will give you.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

hope this helps

V.I.P's get 500 turbine points a month, rested xp (really cool for leveling alts), most of the quest in the game and early access to the new game quest/ exspantions. It starts at 9.99 U.S but there are multi month plans that save you money. A great deal if you think about it. It is like buying 500 turbine points and geting the rest for free. hope this helps. The rested xp also is applied to all your toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradleymee View Post
    Hey. I was looking on the launcher and just realized that we free players don't get a single thing in compensation for the downtime of the servers.
    :/
    You're complaining about not being compensated for using a product & service that has been provided to you for absolutely 100% FREE?

If you had EVER spent ANY amount of actual money either through the lotro store or market, then that account would FOREVER AFTERWARD be considered as a "premium" account - no matter if you had spent $3 or $7000.

As for turbine not compensating free-player accounts, all I can say is - Good for them! It's nice to know that paid membership still has at least a few priviledges...

Grimsin's Riders (multiple-account player of all account types)
    Last edited by Hadoril; Feb 16 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradleymee View Post
    Hey. I was looking on the launcher and just realized that we free players don't get a single thing in compensation for the downtime of the servers. and I being a lord of the rings online player myself, Am not happy about that. sure go ahead and give the vips and premium players big things but you don't leave a scrap for us? we probably make up the majority of the players but we can't even post on the official forums? Well if I HAVE to pay money to get any satisfaction out of this game and all its downtimes, how much is it and is it one time or monthly?

and forgive me for my rashness. I'm just a bit dissappointed like everyone else is about the downtime. I hope it will be up soon.
    I wouldn't be as harsh as Grimsin, but I would like to point out that be definition free players can only be a cost to Turbine. If everyone were F2P, then the game would not exist.

As it is, Turbine's model allows you to become a Premium player for a single, very low payment, by buying the smallest possible package of Turbine Points, or by subscribing for a single month. You then keep that status forever.

There is no way that cannot be one of the best deals ever. It is merely churlish to complain about not getting compensation for not being able to play a game to which you have never contributed anything.
    TANSTAAFL

Once upon a time there was a leech sitting on an elephant.

Every day the leech sucked blood, and the elephant provided it without complaint.

Came the time the elephant died.

An mighty roar of 10,000 leeches was heard:

We want compensation!

The elephant caretaker says: Why not move to the next elephant?