We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is Dargnakh Unleash broken ?

Hi guys,

We did DU t1 2 weeks ago, that was suppose to be a formality considering that we were lvl 85 and did it many times at T2 and at lvl 75, BUT that was not the case.
    I dont know what happened there, but when Dargnakh raged the first time, the tank just died immediately, he went from 20k to 0 moral. And so, we did it again, and again, the tank knew how to position himself and he was ready to run when Dargnakh announced his rage but that was just impossible. The tank was dying so fast that he never had the chance to move.

Considering that we did it many times before, and that never happened, do you think guys that was a matter of lag or something or this instance is broken for some reasons?

Thanks in advance for your possible answers

Tonight I will retry it to see...

No, it's 100% broken. He's one shotting everyone for 25-30k morale in my experience.
    [center][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/28sbtrk.jpg[/IMG][/center]

@75 my decent build Guard took 920 (=3k base damage) damage per rampage hit.
    @85 my bit better + higher level Guard took 4500+ (=15k base damage)...
    Managed 2 platforms on t2, but after that all our panicskill were on CD...

Still have a trauma from that day :P
    Last edited by EvAmy; Feb 15 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Has anyone tried to submit a ticket and get a response? This is the only thing I need for my meta-deed horse..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000256c77/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ondarthos View Post
    No, it's 100% broken. He's one shotting everyone for 25-30k morale in my experience.
    oh! Well, that is what I thought thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSap View Post
    Has anyone tried to submit a ticket and get a response? This is the only thing I need for my meta-deed horse..
    It's "not a known issue" so nothing GMs can do about it
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    It's "not a known issue" so nothing GMs can do about it
    If it was a known issue, we'd be told to wait for the game update that fixed the issue, and that there is nothing GMs can do about it in the meantime.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010f3c4/01007/signature.png]Daschande[/charsig]

Chanus - "MMO forums are mostly for whining, with the occasional sprinkle of an actually rational and intelligent poster offering a decent suggestion."

Might want to wait for Update 10, as this will be part of the update:

Monsters and NPCs
    Fixed a bug that was causing monster damage to grow at exponential rates (leading to auto-attacks and standard skills that could potentially wipe groups).
    It's possible this doesn't address Dargnakh's problem, but it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Stever1388 View Post

Friend of mine did some testing on Bullroarer and he said that it appeared that all the bugged damage (which for the record appeared to be tactical based attacks, and AoEs of any sort) seemed to be fixed.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stever1388 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Friend of mine did some testing on Bullroarer and he said that it appeared that all the bugged damage (which for the record appeared to be tactical based attacks, and AoEs of any sort) seemed to be fixed.
    Good to hear that, lets wait for that u10 coming and see what happen then.
    Thanks guys!

Well thanks for nothing, developers...

I just found this thread while resarching, why we kept getting destroyed by dargnakh. The problem still exists, we simply had no chance, level 85, level 75, did not change a thing.

I keep asking myself, why the hell anything got changed here anyway, the instance was perfect as it was...

Anyway, please fix this soon!

The problem appears to be not the amount of damage he's dealing but rather the frequency.

The "Pound" starts at around 7k then is ticking for around 4k every half second. Timestamped combat log shows damage in the 20k range within 3 seconds and that's on the first collapse. It was nowhere near this at level as far as frequency of ticks.

As an aside my wife want's a couple of pieces of gear out of there for cosmetics, so we did work at beating it.

2 Guards and a Capt. - 2 in-combat rez's and Shield of the Dunadain(?). Unfortunately the gear didn't drop, lol.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gedachtnis View Post
    The problem appears to be not the amount of damage he's dealing but rather the frequency.
    Spot on, per 10.1's patch notes, "Dargnakh Unleashed: Damage and frequency of Darghakh's pounding shockwaves has been reduced".

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm