We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BuffBars and Flanking?

Hi all, I'm an avid user of buffbars, but I havent been able to make it show when an enemy has the flanked debuff. Is there any way to make buffbars recognize flanking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    Hi all, I'm an avid user of buffbars, but I havent been able to make it show when an enemy has the flanked debuff. Is there any way to make buffbars recognize flanking?

Thanks
    Hmmm...I am pretty sure you just have to watch for the animation......unless you mean the buff/debuff bar underneath the monster your pet is attacking.

If that's what you mean you will hear a distinct sound when your pet flanks if you're close enough and an icon from what I can tell that kind of looks like jaws open ready to bite.

If you are not seeing this there should be an option in the UI settings somewhere.....standard hotkey for game options access is control+O

If you mean making your Wizard Fire, Staff Strike, or Staff Sweep go off automatically or light up when you get a flank I don't think you can.

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Hmmm...I am pretty sure you just have to watch for the animation......unless you mean the buff/debuff bar underneath the monster your pet is attacking.

If that's what you mean you will hear a distinct sound when your pet flanks if you're close enough and an icon from what I can tell that kind of looks like jaws open ready to bite.

If you are not seeing this there should be an option in the UI settings somewhere.....standard hotkey for game options access is control+O

If you mean making your Wizard Fire, Staff Strike, or Staff Sweep go off automatically or light up when you get a flank I don't think you can.
    Yes, I know how to watch for the visual clues or the debuff icon under the mob bar I played a LM during MoM time and got used to it. Just wondering if I could get a buff bar with the Flanked status, but I guess not

Thanks!

Yes, I know how to watch for the visual clues or the debuff icon under the mob bar I played a LM during MoM time and got used to it. Just wondering if I could get a buff bar with the Flanked status, but I guess not

Thanks!
    Yeah...it's just one of those things......I am so used to letting my Boggy tank and standing back I have become quite adept at keeping my eyes peeled for it........it's more frustrating with the other pets though...because they don't flank as much...so if you miss one because your not paying attention it's more critical.

It would be a nice addition.......it might bring about one of those game balance debates tho

Yeah, unfortunately the LUA API (or whatever) only has access to your buffs. There's a workaround for when you specifically apply a buff/debuff to another person (watches for you to use a skill, then uses a preset timer to let you know when it'll run out) but it doesn't work for randomly applied affects.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Actually, both combat log messages (look for a hit by a skill with "Flanked" in its name, and check the attacker's name versus your current pet's name) and GetTarget() can be used to identify flanks.

Or maybe Turbine could do like they did with RKs, remove the flank debuff from the target and set it as LM buff

Or maybe Turbine could do like they did with RKs, remove the flank debuff from the target and set it as LM buff
    This could probably work with one wrinkle. If you use the sabercat, you can actually get flanks on an enemy that is not the primary target.

[And yes, I do use the sabercat. It's great for generating coordination.]

My Cappy has his in-combat rez on the buffbars, never thought about getting the flank on there. Sounds like something to take a look at, but the problem with that is you would have to pick 1 of the 3 skill as the flank response. Not sure how usefull it would be as though. I switch between the heal and double damage fairly often.
    Used to show a pic... Seems to be broken links now. Good Ole Turbine.

I'm just a lowbie LM, but I've been using Lotro Alerts to tell me when I've gotten a flank. I get a little flashing message whenever it happens. Really cut down on the missed flanks, since I play with the sound off. You can set it up to put a skill directly under you mouse when it happens, too, though I prefer not to do that.

Great addon, Ill play a bit with it this weekend!

Thanks!

tbh is har to ear the sound if you are far from the target, but the other point can be ... WHO is the target ?

If your pet do the flank you can't know who is the flanked target if you don't look on the bar.

When you hit only one target it's easy but when the enemy and the target are more ?

F1 (target self). F1 (target pet). And then rely on skill forwarding to hit the flanked target.

Unless you're dealing with the sabertooth, in which case, tab quickly.