We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wishlist for announced class revamp

Devs announced class revamp in 2013 so here we go:

Burn Hot - usable on move (CoTH has the same animation so code exist)
    Tracking skills - instant
    Press Onward - scaled, instant
    Cry of Predator - all non-humanoid creatures
    Stun - replace daze on Distracting shoot or Dazin Blow
    Longer bleeds
    Unpottable slow
    Eldar's Grace as class skill, duration and CD just like Moving Target
    Heasrt Seeker - change marker colour to pink ;]

And i know - it aint gonna happen
    Last edited by giboosc; Feb 13 2013 at 08:47 AM.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post

Longer bleeds
    Unpottable slow

Burn Hot-yes
    Tracking-Don't care, I don't mind inductions.
    CoP- Don't care because I don't use it alot, unless it's moors situation.
    Bleeds-How bout add more stackable bleeds instead of longer length. Like say Barb bleed can stack 3x.
    EG like skill-yes by all means.
    HS target-Hahahahaha make it red.

Longer bleeds
    Unpottable slow

And lasers from the eyes, hunter class is simply not playable without lasers from the eyes. Damn lore breaking........hang on, the hunter class is simply not playable with out Elven lasers from the eyes!
    Phineous Rank 12 (Drunken) Hunter "Death to All Fanatics"
    And a Champ and a Guard and a BA and a Warg and a Reaver and er.... thats it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000006e300/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Press Onward-Inductionless and usable on the move,

CotH-Inductionless and the bubble is a timer (10secs) not damage dependant as this is gone in 1 sec (1 hit)

Quick Shot Slow-uncurable

Agile Rejoiner-1. In its current form (parry response) give it a bigger 1st tick, maybe around 1300 with other ticks staying the same,2. or change it to not needing a parry response, leave ticks as they are and give it a 30 sec CD

HeartSeeker (Legendary Skill)-double its base damage, and remove the Crosshairs (no other Class posts a warning when it is going to use a big skill)

Barbed Arrow Bleed-either make the Bleed more potent or make it stackable from 1 Hunter.

Legacies-

Focus and Induction Crit Multiplier-combined into 1 Legacy-Bow Crit Multiplier
    HS Crit magnitude-new Legacy to replace one of the above.

these are just suggestions, I`m not brilliant at the maths side of it so no idea if any of these would make us OP, I know we need something as our Class is getting weaker and weaker as time goes by. I hope some of these suggestions meet with approval.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

No real wishlist, just vastly improve the yellow trait line.

How about changing it to a debuff/DoT line, similar to the RK's red traits. Introduce poisons or other "wilds" type skills. Thus giving Hunters 3 different damage trait line, one built on pure damage, one on crit and one on DoTs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000222662/01006/signature.png]Cattibrien[/charsig]

Wishlist:

• A viable secondary role
    • A fix for the Trapper of Foes; perhaps linked to a new and viable second role
    • Collaborated legacies (You know the ones)
    • A few old traits to return (Barbed Arrow bleed duration etc)
    • A small revamp into the following skills:
      -Hunter's Art
      -Strength of the Earth
      -Merciful Shot
      -Set Trap and Set Snare

Threat management is fine now with the change to Endurance Stance and Distracting Shot. Survivability, being something asked for years, will probably never see existence, even though we all want it. They attempted to fix this in Rohan, with Cry of the Hunter, and that is probably as far as they will go at enhancing our survivability (As following past updates and patches).
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Wishlist:

• A viable secondary role
    • A fix for the Trapper of Foes; perhaps linked to a new and viable second role
    • Collaborated legacies (You know the ones)
    • A few old traits to return (Barbed Arrow bleed duration etc)
    • A small revamp into the following skills:
      -Hunter's Art
      -Strength of the Earth
      -Merciful Shot
      -Set Trap and Set Snare

Threat management is fine now with the change to Endurance Stance and Distracting Shot. Survivability, being something asked for years, will probably never see existence, even though we all want it. They attempted to fix this in Rohan, with Cry of the Hunter, and that is probably as far as they will go at enhancing our survivability (As following past updates and patches).
    This pretty much would sum up my wishlist, however, I disagree a bit on revamping Trapper of Foes. I'm in favor of simply adding relevant debuffs to spring loaded and sturdy traps, so we bring more than just a long single target cc when traited yellow. Less work for the devs than completely revamping the line, and boosts our secondary role to more than just cc.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf999 View Post
    No real wishlist, just vastly improve the yellow trait line.
    Would be rather nice if the yellow line was altered to include a trait that allowed camo to be used whilst moving (but with a reduce movement speed, of course - 30% perhaps) and increased stealth level (maybe +3). I would find it vastly useful in PvMP for ambush style attacks. HiPS functionallity would be too far in the wrong direction, in my opinion, though.
    #zergistheanswer

I think that they should change Camouflage to something like, "You blend in to your surroundings, making it harder for your enemy to hit you. Plus 25 percent enemy miss chance." And then give us a moving stealth skill.

we all know this will never happend. so why bother ? hunter is dead leave it be roll a new class
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

That is my wishlist. I would be happy if some of them would happen, even if it was one or two of them.

SKILLS:

1) Inductionless and scaled with level Press Onward.

2) Remove or decrease the duration of the root-animation of Burn Hot and Camouflage skills.

3) Make Desperate Flight to give +% movement speed, +% evade chance and -% physical mastery for 15 seconds with 5 minute cooldown.

4) Make Merciful Shot to cost 3 or 4 focus maximum.

5) Increase the base damage of Heart Seeker.

LEGACIES:

1 a) Combine Bow and Focus critical magnitude legacies to one. b) Combine Bow and Focus power costs legacies to one. c) Combine Bow and Focus threat rating legacies to one.

2) Add Heart Seeker critical chance legacy.

3) Add Burn Hot duration legacy.

4) Add Rain of Thorns focus cost legacy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
    4) Add Rain of Thorns focus cost legacy.
    One of u10 armour set bonuses reduces focus cost to 0
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

[1] Make our legendary traits, er, legendary. The only ones that are are the red and blue capstones.
    Definitely scale Press Onward with level (even if it starts smaller).
    Make Bow of the Righteous restore morale as well as power (a similar amount - only 10-20 let's say) with a hit.

[2] Rationalise the legacies - at the moment all hunters need focus and induction crit multiplier and at least one -power. I suppose other classes are in the same position - every champ and burg seems to have at least 2 of the same majors.

[3] Make Cry of the Hunter an instant skill by removing or trimming the animation.

[4] Make Improved Fleetness a true toggle skill that auto-shuts down if you don't have the focus required to keep it up.

[5] Unify the tracking skills into one.

[6] Reduce the cooldown and focus cost of Merciful Shot if it works as currently. The morale threshold mechanic of it is a bit silly anyway. I think a dev must have been watching Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to keep the 6 focus cost IF the morale threshold was removed - hey presto, add utility to hunters as ranged corruption removers.

[7] Add real meaningful CC and debuffing ability to yellow line without needing to trait 5 and so nerfing DPS beyond all measure (though 5b/2y used to work in the moors sometimes). I like the idea that x yellow traits unlocks camo as a true moving stealth skill.

[8] Remove Audacity. It's a silly mechanic preventing new players from starting.

Re survivability, I slotted two True Settings of the North (morale, crit and incoming healing) to give me 14% inc heal. Each tick of non-legendary Agile Morale heals for 150 and crits for 210 now. At this rate, with the nerfs to Press Onward, I might well bin it as a trait in favour of Rain of Thorns and replace PO cooldown by Agile Rejoinder Heal on my sword. A 300 HOT critting for 600 is nothing to sniff at.

As for the general nerf to our power restore skills, let's hope they don't notice traited InMMMF CoMMFMUMBLEMMF (puts hand over mouth).
    Last edited by Aedfrith; Feb 14 2013 at 04:02 AM.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

One of u10 armour set bonuses reduces focus cost to 0
    Indeed it's the trapper's set. But it's not permanent compared to the legacy i would like to have. Think of this: If someone chose the legacy would have the option to chose a different armor with other bonus. Or if someone chose 2 parts of the trappers set armor would have the option to chose a different legacy. That means more combos available which means uniqueness, which sounds good to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

-Inductionless Press Onward that scales with level
    -Bow of the Righteous power restore scaling with level
    -Cry of the Hunter adds 5 seconds of slow immunity and bubble magnitude increased. What's the point of removing a slow when you can just be immediately slowed again?
    -Modify Strength of the Earth either through the trait or through trait set bonuses to become a HoT usable on the move. Aside from LMs whose power restore skill is also a power drain, no other class has to remain rooted in place for 5 seconds to restore their power or use a weak heal.
    -Agile Rejoinder ticks doubled in magnitude and halved in number

The Hunter is a garbage PvP class right now because it does not have the DPS to burn down a target before it enters melee range, nor does it have the survivability to endure the long fights that are now inevitable, nor does it have any way to deal with cooldown heroes.
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Feb 15 2013 at 06:27 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000daed2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]