We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

confusion about a message i'm receiving in-game

Hi,

I'm fairly new to LOTRO. I'm on level 22, but I haven't done much other than quests, and I'm not 100% familiar with everything yet. I keep receiving a message in-game, telling me that I have some money in my currency overflow, and I need to either upgrade my account or purchase a gold cap from the store. I'm confused on the whole currency overflow part. Can anyone explain what that means? I do have a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to get it to show here either :/ I'll be able to e-mail it out if anyone needs to see it. Any assisstance appreciated!

Basically f2p characters have a currency cap of 2 gold and premiums 5 gold. Any gold you collect over this limit goes into the overflow which you will receive when you purchase the gold cap removal or log on a character during vip which removes the gold cap for the character in question.

And you can earn the Turbine Points you need to spend in the shop by completing "Deeds" e. g. kill 30 spiders in Breeland or discover all ruins in breeland or all elvish places in Ered Luin or things like that.

You might want to consider going VIP for 60 days which is not too expensive and gives you a whole lot of things for free which you would otherwise have to buy at the shop: Virtue slots for you character (it makes your combat abilities better when you have the right virtues slotted there), money cap, fast travel between stable masters, guild access ...

Or else you could buy a Turbine Point Card to buy what you need. A Point Card will also upgrade your account to premium which gives you also a 3rd character slot.
    Gildoriel, Human Guardian, Kinship "Vilyatiri", Server Laurelin

One other thing. When you earn gold while you are at the cap, it all goes into escrow and remains there. It does not get released when you fall below the cap again. Thus you could eventually build up a lot of gold in escrow that you were unable to use until you removed the gold cap.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    You might want to consider going VIP for 60 days which is not too expensive and gives you a whole lot of things for free which you would otherwise have to buy at the shop: Virtue slots for you character (it makes your combat abilities better when you have the right virtues slotted there), money cap, fast travel between stable masters, guild access ...
    If you don't want to remain VIP, there's also a 1-month only VIP offer for 15$ I think.

More info about VIP and account types here.
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips