We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Unbelievable

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930

    Unbelievable

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Hunter

    • Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
    • Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly

    ......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    335
    Yep that aint the only thing its going to get bad for the hunters
    [COLOR="Green"]Legoor Hunter 100th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Red"]Arhire Guardian 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Blue"]Thaminail Runekeeper 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Yellow"]Astrobulis LoreMaster 95th[/COLOR]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    452
    Reduced???? Are you f**king kidding me????

    Bad move turbine, bad move indeed.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26
    They ALWAYS burn hunters. That is why my LM is my main and have not played my hunter in years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Why the surprise Lendas? Youve been squaking about hunters for what years now?

    Of all people you should be the one fully prepared and ready for the multiple hunter nerfs. The question is (and its the key) how many people will continue to whine and pay to play their hunters and how many will say &&&& it?

    Clearly turbine is betting most will continue to play and whine (not inaccurately a lot of times I might add).


  6. #6
    I don't even trait PO so not a real nerf for me.
    I hardly even use POE so not much of a nerf.

    These skills becomes more pointless to use in U10's 6k power pool hunters so why are you whiny about this when it isn't even one of those important or big things? Useless skills got more useless but we have a 6k power pool in U10 along with 1.5k+ ICPR (depending on your fate).

    Point being: These skills are already pointless and that whiny bout it going down is just pointless. Only those that whine about the simplest and even the most unimportant stuffs are whiners.

    So is it really a nerf? No.
    Was it dumb to do that? Yes, because its already a pointless skill(s).

  7. #7
    How about the new fate, my crit just went down 1400 points. Glad I stacked agi .


    Crom laughs at your misfortune...he laughs from his mountain.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    I don't even trait PO so not a real nerf for me.
    I hardly even use POE so not much of a nerf.

    These skills becomes more pointless to use in U10's 6k power pool hunters so why are you whiny about this when it isn't even one of those important or big things? Useless skills got more useless but we have a 6k power pool in U10 along with 1.5k+ ICPR (depending on your fate).

    Point being: These skills are already pointless and that whiny bout it going down is just pointless. Only those that whine about the simplest and even the most unimportant stuffs are whiners.

    So is it really a nerf? No.
    Was it dumb to do that? Yes, because its already a pointless skill(s).
    Almost every hunter, including me, would expect to see (at last!) Press Onward to be inductionless or at least scaled propeply with level. So in another update, it seems that nothing of these will happen.
    And there is where the whining is coming for. Instead of giving a buff to that skill (which it deserves to get as a legendary one), they ruin every hope by making it worst.
    Next step should be to delete it from game. Maybe that would be better for everyone...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,027

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    I don't even trait PO so not a real nerf for me.
    I hardly even use POE so not much of a nerf.

    These skills becomes more pointless to use in U10's 6k power pool hunters so why are you whiny about this when it isn't even one of those important or big things? Useless skills got more useless but we have a 6k power pool in U10 along with 1.5k+ ICPR (depending on your fate).

    Point being: These skills are already pointless and that whiny bout it going down is just pointless. Only those that whine about the simplest and even the most unimportant stuffs are whiners.

    So is it really a nerf? No.
    Was it dumb to do that? Yes, because its already a pointless skill(s).
    It wasn't completely useless, it was difficult in combat due to induction, underpowered at higher levels, and you'd be dead in the moors before you had even started the animation. It had a limited use in soloing landscape mobs, 20 mobs in view? power dead after 10 at most even if using SotE inbetween smaller groups. Use and go in 7s as opposed to popping campfire / food wait 60s.

    Hardly legendary and at lvl 65 even that use was diminishing for me.

    Will the changes to ICPR/fate have made this OP? Highly doubt it. Will this nerf convince people to by 5x Fate store bundle? some will some wont (maybe the crit loss will). Did it need to have ~100 power and ~50 morale per level added to it from lvl50 upwards... Yes, inductionless? Yes, animation free? Pushing it. Nerfing? Why not delete and go back to drawing board since the *sensible* options are ignored.

    But Lendas, I'm sure you can believe it. Suprised you didn't expect it by now TBH.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

    Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    38
    not every hunter has 6k power, some of us solo because its easier time wise. these nerfs plus the crit nerf, you have to wonder why they bother having the class at all?
    Burn the books!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1,475
    Hunter

    Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
    Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly

    I'll save my comment and have Mark Hamill answer this one for me:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXkF2viFDgU
    Last edited by Zombielord; Feb 13 2013 at 08:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanweee View Post
    not every hunter has 6k power,
    .. but you're going to have a base of 4250 at level 85 come U10.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    114

    Hunters are worthless to turbine

    That is why I have not bought a single item or expansion with money or given ANY money to turbine since Moria.

    I vote with my wallet, it's all I can do.

    Apparently no one there cares enough to stand up for this class. I've had a Hunter since BETA. rolled 4 total before they announced crafting guilds.
    They have been nerfed into obsoleteness before.

    I'm surprised Turbine is still doing it to the hunter class, i mean, How much more nerfing before even the staunchest supporter of Hunter abilities realizes it's easier to roll another class than to relearn, regear, retrait their toon for maximum to just barely survive what other toons do out the gate naked.

    I have recently rolled a few new toons through the starter areas and I was surprised at how faceroll easy to survive champs and captains and even Minstrels are compared to a hunter (I have wardens so that I already knew).

    Since my preferred class is hunter, I have declined to purchase anything until I feel I can play a hunter and perform as well as other classes in both PvE and PvMP.

    still here only because of lifetime sub.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000572/01003/signature.png]Barnone[/charsig]

  14. #14
    sigh damn was looking forward playing my hunter again after U 10. guess i go and roll a mins or work on rk again
    cheers turbine u r the best devs.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

    —Oscar Wilde

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanweee View Post
    not every hunter has 6k power, some of us solo because its easier time wise. these nerfs plus the crit nerf, you have to wonder why they bother having the class at all?
    My hunter has 5k power with her current gear from live to bullroarer.
    Still even with 4.2k based power pool, if you raise up your fate, power issues are not a problem then. And good hunters knows how to deal with power issues Pre-U10 without PO and SotE. (pots, beneath the notice, and IC)
    So how is having a lowered power restore skill considered a big major nerf when you have higher ICPR and a bigger power pool and more useful skills for power return.
    My ICPR in bullroarer stands nearly at 2k with the changes and I still have beneath the notice/IC/pots to do some power restore in-combat.

    What crit nerf? There was no crit nerf, just crit defs tweaks that made crits weaker.

    If you ask me, I say turbine should just stop messing with the numbers and stats and just focus on new contents and new/old bugs.
    Last edited by lioheart; Feb 13 2013 at 08:20 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    My hunter has 5k power with her current gear from live to bullroarer.
    Still even with 4.2k based power pool, if you raise up your fate, power issues are not a problem then. And good hunters knows how to deal with power issues Pre-U10 without PO and SotE. (pots, beneath the notice, and IC)
    So how is having a lowered power restore skill considered a big major nerf when you have higher ICPR and a bigger power pool and more useful skills for power return.
    My ICPR in bullroarer stands nearly at 2k with the changes and I still have beneath the notice/IC/pots to do some power restore in-combat.

    What crit nerf? There was no crit nerf, just crit defs tweaks that made crits weaker.

    If you ask me, I say turbine should just stop messing with the numbers and stats and just focus on new contents and new/old bugs.
    agree with everything you said accept that crit nerf part.

    Removing more crit from agil than is getting added to fate = crit nerf
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02213000000000a0c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeneldorian View Post
    agree with everything you said accept that crit nerf part.

    Removing more crit from agil than is getting added to fate = crit nerf
    That's why you adapt and go get the new gears or stack up on fate.

    In fact, every hunter that keeps going "Oh it's another sh**ty nef again" go watch and listen to this video from youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...V7ChonMl3CGJ0-

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    That's why you adapt and go get the new gears or stack up on fate.
    This is fine, its an Update with new gear and I dont mind going out and getting it.

    As long as the gear is appropriate, now we need Fate to improve Crit, so hopefully both the PvE and PvP Hunter sets will have Fate on, and not at the cost of other stats. We also need Will to improve Tac Mit, Nerfing the Hunter Class in my mind is ongoing (but with Will changes, other Classes are hard hit too).

    I dont just look at mu Hunter when changes occur, I compare my hunter to other Classes to see how hard hit we are, the changes to Will and Fate have made the caster Classes ever more powerful, Caster Classes will now cap Tac Mit with relative ease, meaning they can now swop relics/traits/legacies for different ones, whereas my Hunter must now swop his damage relics/virtues etc to ATTEMPT to get high Tac Mit, the relics removed will probably be damage ones (Crit/Phys Mas).

    EG, my LM can now remove the virtues for Tac Mit and replace them with Fate/Crit she will easily cap both Crit and Tac Mit, and become much more powerful

    I am not concerned about the changes to Power, I am concerned at the changes to Will (as Tav Mit) and Fate (as Crit), all I see is my Hunter again being hit in the survivability area, whilst other Classes are getting more powerful, with no effort.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    I believe they reduced it because of how the new power management is going to work. Did you miss the REST of the notes?

  20. #20
    The power changes are happening to all classes, this makes differences between classes the same since everyone is getting the update.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    ......
    Not like people actually use those skills anyway.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Why the surprise Lendas?
    Im not surprised..... this is right on schedule actually.... the "follow though" nerf.



    but apparently sarcasm does not carry well in text

    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    That's why you adapt and go get the new gears or stack up on fate.

    In fact, every hunter that keeps going "Oh it's another sh**ty nef again" go watch and listen to this video from youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...V7ChonMl3CGJ0-
    did you get hacked or something?

    one day you are supporting the Hunter cause and the next you are telling us to l2p?


    please don't tell me you have the classic "many colored" syndrome that seems to snag some Hunters (

    many colored syndrome: A disease named after Saruman "of many colors".... causes the affected to turn from supporter to opponent. once cured, the affected returns to supporter state. Can be transmitted on contact with trolls.


    Thorgum was afflicted by this tragically back after RoR, and it took him until U9 to break free from it.... was pretty scary. He was standing on a table yelling "we are saved!" when Derp of the Hunter (CoTH) came out and was lecturing us on L2P...... .....
    Time to go on an epic journey to get the antidote. Hang in there lionheart! we're a - comin!
    Last edited by Lendas; Feb 14 2013 at 10:01 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    Not like people actually use those skills anyway.
    I smell trolololololol

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    I believe they reduced it because of how the new power management is going to work. Did you miss the REST of the notes?
    We are getting better power management BUT were are also getting bigger power pools due to the changes with Fate. With this Press Onward and Strength of the Earth are gonna be even less useful. With the way the skill is right now, using it will bring back so little power that it just wouldn't be worth it. They're just giving us more power and reducing our power regen skills.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    We are getting better power management BUT were are also getting bigger power pools due to the changes with Fate. With this Press Onward and Strength of the Earth are gonna be even less useful. With the way the skill is right now, using it will bring back so little power that it just wouldn't be worth it. They're just giving us more power and reducing our power regen skills.
    It could also be a sign that both Press Induction to Die and Channeled Aggro Reduction are actually going to see some buffs later on and they are implementing nerfs now, while dealing with Power pools in general. You know, it only looks stupid... on the outside


    I am not holding my breath in any case.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload