We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why can't you be moving when you cast inductionless skills?

I can totally understand why some of our skills require us to stay put for a bit. Oftentimes, what we are doing during the induction is preparing the skill. (The animation shows that we read from a tome, while thrusting our staff into the air, and summoning the alien-photon beam from the sky to smite our orcish foes, for example)

However, some skills lack inductions, and some of these can be cast "on the move", while others must be used firmly planted in place for anywhere from 1-3 seconds.

For example, all the "Signs" skills can be cast while running, but none of the "Lore" skills can be used unless you stay put. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind this, but I pose the question: why can't all skills lacking inductions be used while moving?

N.B. I am not talking about skills that normally require an induction, but lack one in special circumstances (through something like Coordination). Nor am I talking about skills whose induction is reduced to almost zero (like Beacon of Hope fully traited).

What makes it worse are the painfully long animations of these skills. The ACTUAL animations are fine but for some reason there is an unbearable post animation delay on all of them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011eb70/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

the best fail atm are daze and root !

Really bad animation for istant skill. You need to stop move and wait a bit befor eyou can use root or daze with 0 induction ... that's a no sense expecially for root !!!

If you need to stop for root you take 1 hit cause you stop to move, use skill, second hit ... target rooted can hit you one more time befor you start to move away !!!

The best fail come when you see a BA and a warg behind you and nuke you with arrow while follow you :P

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post
    the best fail atm are daze and root !

Really bad animation for istant skill. You need to stop move and wait a bit befor eyou can use root or daze with 0 induction ... that's a no sense expecially for root !!!

If you need to stop for root you take 1 hit cause you stop to move, use skill, second hit ... target rooted can hit you one more time befor you start to move away !!!

The best fail come when you see a BA and a warg behind you and nuke you with arrow while follow you :P
    Yea Really Hard Root and Stun 1vs1 Or Spars I Find myself running half the time not know the right time to Stun/Root,
    I see why they do that to Stun and Root I can see it being kinda Hard to Make Root while running Animation Or Stun one
    Or They Shorten the Animation a little to make it seem a little Realistic

Not a loremaster but I can sympathize with you, I thought when first starting a hunter that it would be able to kite like every scout I've ever played but no >.< lol
    Turns out later on, the ranged class that can constantly attack with no animations or requirement to not move is Warden (at 42 so far anyway) :/ LOL