We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So what are the best Profit items now?

So I recently returned to Lotro after being gone for 3 solid years. One of the first things I did after coming back was get my crafting to the new max. I was maxed out on my crafting when I left 3 years ago. I am now a maxed out scholar, and grand master of the guild. This leads me to my question now:

What are the big profit items these days for scholars to make? It seems, from my research, that scholar is still a profession that makes its profits in small, but fast turn around items like Potions and dyes. I've noticed that Jewelers, for example, can make over 100 gold just from a single Level 85 bracelet. Scholars have no such items I believe, and thats how it was 3 years ago as well.

Just trying to gather some information/insight to help catch me up to speed form some fellow scholars. Thanks ahead of time for any information provided.

The game is suffering from a lot of mob farming for very rare recipes. One of the biproducts of the farm is usually a lot of crafting materials and morale/power potions, so you will most likely find you can't sell those at a decent price.
    I'm not sure how class potions are going, but I'd be surprised if there's much to gain there.
    You can probably make a decent bit of money by making Eastemnet Crafting Journals for the Horse-lord recipes, but that requires you to get Silver tokens of Riddermark for each single-use recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by l0rd_tornado View Post
    I've noticed that Jewelers, for example, can make over 100 gold just from a single Level 85 bracelet. Scholars have no such items I believe, and thats how it was 3 years ago as well.
    I dont see any crafted bracelets going for 100 gold, unless you count horseload bling which you have to be extremely lucky to get the drop and then crit and then they sell for much more.
    If you mean guild teals, they require tarnished crest which alone cost around 20 g (or you have, again, to be lucky to find), are on 6 days cooldown and can be sold for maybe 30 g.

Scholars can make pocket items of the same quality with similar requirements.

What could sell I cant really say, depends on your server demand I guess. The best would be to check AH for a couple of days and follow the sales and prices.
    Last edited by CroKat; Feb 12 2013 at 06:59 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000ae313/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the replies. About what I had anticipated...

Since Ive been back Ive mostly just made Dye's for some extra income. They sell usually within 24 hours so they are a quick turn around.

What is the scholar pocket item equivalent to the horse lords bracelets? I've not heard any talk of a pocket Item that is in the same high demand as these bracelets.

Short answer: Nothing.
    You could craft some Re-Forged SA items, these always seem to sell, but the ingredients are so hard to get (without a big bunch of Marks to barter) and the cooldown so long that it's not really worth it.
    I only craft items for my alts now apart from potions and oils for myself.

If you want to make a profit from crafting, roll a cook; +stat food aways seems to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by l0rd_tornado View Post
    Thanks for the replies. About what I had anticipated...

Since Ive been back Ive mostly just made Dye's for some extra income. They sell usually within 24 hours so they are a quick turn around.

What is the scholar pocket item equivalent to the horse lords bracelets? I've not heard any talk of a pocket Item that is in the same high demand as these bracelets.
    The pocket item is equivalent to jeweler guild teals.

Unless you are running a lot of instances and raids you cant really sell anything for big cash. You can plink here and there with, like you do, dyes, maybe battle/crafting scrolls, some tier 8 farming products (if you raised farming on your scholar). Or just simply raw mats.

Crafting was never a source of some big income, everyone has a crafter ( personally I have over 10 guilded ones at maximum tier) ready to produce and sell and undercut your prices.
    Just do what you find fun, craft for yourself and sell surplus if you have any, imo.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000ae313/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I stumbled on the 85 teal pocket item that you guys were talking about. Oddly enough I have all the mats to make one of them. Im only level 75 so I cant use it so Im gonna sell it. You could sell one of these every week for some profits, depending how well they sell, which appears to be not so fast according to AH listing.