We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Water-Lore

Water-Lore

Does anyone else find the animation for this skill incredibly annoying? I know a lot of our skills have lengthy animations, but this one seems particularly long (I'm even traited to have it be shorter induction and still find it tedious). It's actually the 1.5 second animation that occurs after the cast that is really frustrating. I know this skill is already quite powerful, but it would be fantastic if this could be used while moving, or if the animation was shorter.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005be9f/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I reported this very problem in beta with other loremasters backing me but nothing was done about it. The animation of water lore seemed too long to me. Also, it's hard to explain except it doesn't seem to flow into other actions very smoothly after casting it. Like you, I hope they do tweak it some.

tbh animation are the best pain for all LM !!!!!

Cause animation are a really great problem on pvp and pve ! Induction can be stopped if you need ... if you have to move fast you can do that with induction but not if the animation of a skill is started !!!

Many time i die or i take damage cause while ent animation start the fkn Iorbak's peak boss chose me like target :P
    That's happen many time for this fkn animation -.-

To be fair, this isn't the only skill with a long animation. All of our lore skills have long animations. This, combined with our inductions, does make our class feel a bit clunky to play around with at times, but at the same time I think it's meant to compliment our role as CC masters. Our long animations are problematic - if the enemy ever reaches us at all.
    [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/28mns0o.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a though... war leaders get rank-based capability to run and cast at the same time... why not LMs? I'd settle for it just in the Ettenmoors...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000003cfeb/signature.png]Dishcloth[/charsig]

Maybe it will be fixed one day, but I doubt it. After playing on my minstrel alt it's even more frustrating to come back to my main LM. You can do almost everything on the move as a minstrel and it's way more fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005be9f/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post

Many time i die or i take damage cause while ent animation start the Iorbak's peak boss chose me like target :P
    Been there. Just yesterday I started frost-lore just as he turned around and started his attack, and all I could do was stand there waving my staff around in the air until I got hit and died. Sad day.

Totally agreed. I voiced my concerns about WL's animations since Rohan's beta first build, kept on complaining about it for months to no effort.
    Not that I don't complain about other animations too whenever I can but WL is really painful because I tend to spam it on either myself or others (I'm running as a healer in 3 mans lately) as the CD is off, while most of our long animation skills are at least on a 30s CD. Plus, I think WL is the only skill that combines an induction with a painfully long animation like that. I'd rather have a longer induction, especially since we can cut it in half with a trait. The way it works now, when traited, the animation takes longer then the induction. I DEEEPLY hate it.
    KANOMIR Captain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000387e63/01008/signature.png]Anitta[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Palken View Post
    Been there. Just yesterday I started frost-lore just as he turned around and started his attack, and all I could do was stand there waving my staff around in the air until I got hit and died. Sad day.
    It's not the easiest thing to remember (I'm pretty sure I don't have it as a reflex), but you can burn Wisdom of the Council to end the skill root.

One thing for sure, it's not the best animation ever designed. Makes me feel like I'm stuck on a X and it isn't Easter.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

I think it's fine.......it's a very powerful skill...but then I only play one character and it's an LM so I am not sure if we are not up to par with other classes in skill balance.

That said I am happy with it....makes me more mindful of careful timing as well.