We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I still don't get why everyone hates farming..it's not effecting your game play in anyway..it's not like half your skills don't work when someones farming lmao...what..you mad cuz someone is ranking faster than you? Like rank even matters lol...I'm not defending farming I'm just pointing out your useless qq...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    I still don't get why everyone hates farming..it's not effecting your game play in anyway..it's not like half your skills don't work when someones farming lmao...what..you mad cuz someone is ranking faster than you? Like rank even matters lol...I'm not defending farming I'm just pointing out your useless qq...
    My personal dislike of it is cheating, kinda like stat glitching which is also unbannable, also it is hard to ignore whenever they do farm they trash talk creep ooc insulting every creep on, even if those creeps/croobs are minding their own business. well I guess the easiest way to ignore them would be to add them to ignore, exept they use a glitch which bypasses ignore so it forces EVERYONE to hear their &&&&.

Another reason why it is dumb is they will be rewarded for cheating when update 10 drops getting 20% more health 15% damage/power for doing that
    Last edited by New_Requiem; Feb 15 2013 at 09:47 PM.
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

Fantos this thread isn't even talking about farming. It's talking about how PvP is unbalanced as a whole right now and how we can potentially fix some of those issues.

But to respond to this, I will say just this. What about people like you and me who earned our ranks in the honorable way? Yes everyone on the server knows who the farmers are, but the people just strolling through the leader-boards from different servers? You say rank doesn't matter, and you might be right. But I for one am still proud of my rank.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Fantos this thread isn't even talking about farming. It's talking about how PvP is unbalanced as a whole right now and how we can potentially fix some of those issues.
    Well again, not as much the imbalance, that is on Turbine for the most part.. More the way we exploit it to the point where it degrades PvP.
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by New_Requiem View Post
    My personal dislike of it is cheating, kinda like stat glitching which is also unbannable, also it is hard to ignore whenever they do farm they trash talk creep ooc insulting every creep on, even if those creeps/croobs are minding their own business. well I guess the easiest way to ignore them would be to add them to ignore, exept they use a glitch which bypasses ignore so it forces EVERYONE to hear their &&&&.

Another reason why it is dumb is they will be rewarded for cheating when update 10 drops getting 20% more health 15% damage/power for doing that
    I second this...If freeps had to hear the freak show that goes on sometimes in OOC from some of these spineless (cause they wouldn't say what they say on their main accts and hide behind trash ones) people you guys would want to be rid of them too....Just wait till someone xfers in with more money than sense and they decide to farm a creep and fill GLFF with more virtroil than it already has.....sorry for getting off topic but I think this had to be said.
    Last edited by Vezz; Feb 15 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Razzgash R12 Warg -- Razzgrish R12 Blackarrow -- Razztankz R12 Warleader
    Razztoxin R11 Weaver -- Razzhealzu R10 Defiler -- Razzbladez R9 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Neomoth View Post
    Maybe if our champs were as good as this one, then Dwarrowdelf moors would be better

The same could be said about creeps too.. We have some very good players, and some very casual players. But DD is what it is. We also have plenty of great players that play classes that are at a disadvantage at the moment, and plenty of mediocre (though I would use the term casual because I don't think there are really any really bad players here, just ones who put less time into mastering their class) players that play very well-off classes. The best hunter on our server atm can still get facerolled by a mid ranked weaver if both play the fight well. This is a case of skill being trumped by class>

If freeps are rolling the moors a month from now, the answer wont be, 'oh if only we had some skilled creeps, then our moors would be better' ..Cuz I know first hand that we have plenty of awesome creep players.. My point? The balance will keep changing as lotro progresses, and I don't think the blame is on one side not being skilled.. Because playing a well off class>skill in many cases sadly.

Organization is different haha, it affects many things, and that has shown itself lately.. That is not a problem at all, in fact that is all the more reason to urge the other side to match the same lvl of organization.
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by New_Requiem View Post

I see your point but i keep a close eye on ooc and 99.99% of the time someone makes a comment about how where are so many crops in the rez circle lol. that is what starts it. or if someone makes a comment on how people who farm are fails.

And jonp farming has been mentioned in this thread a few times....i get how youre proud of your rank and yes its a good feeling when you rank up after the countless hours fighting creeps/freeps but really its nothing to get so worked up about. let farmers farm in peace in that dark part of the map and just say nothing to them...if they start the trash talk then yes...but thats another thing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

I see your point but i keep a close eye on ooc and 99.99% of the time someone makes a comment about how where are so many crops in the rez circle lol. that is what starts it
    Normal reaction between people who play the game w/o cheating. If someone wants to remove themselves from the community and blatantly cheat, it is THEM who should not say anything. Because they should know that what they are doing is going to cause controversy.

farmers are just looking for attention thats why they do it

JASAIK WHEN THIS DOWNTIME IS OVER ILL CJ YOU TO THE FRIGGEN MOON I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    [URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/Moo2dabum/media/noqqsig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/Moo2dabum/noqqsig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Dwarrowdelf: R12 Warden Jak\ R8 Minstrell Amoxx\ R10 Runekeeper Smellslike\ R9 reaver Martiall\ R10 Defiler Tussin-1
    Crickhollow: R12 Defiler Tussinn\ R10 Reaver Martiall\ R10 Warg Superiorskill

CAW....less huggy stars more die..hmm

Don't know if I could die more but I can try Evo .

I never hurt no Creeps.

grats to that group which raged after one wipe at tr.

onward to r15 lol
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by hahawhat View Post
    Ok.

I just want to see anything but a warden stand a chance against a r8+weaver. Hell i would like to see 2 of any class except a warden against a weaver. Moors is balanced?

Kamikazee and Jasiak top quality reavers, 25k morale...

War leaders.. 29k morale...

Defilers 22k morale.. able to sap even a wardens power if he isn't careful

IMO, moors was balanced at ROI!

ssuper, noqq
    Ok. By ur QQ response and sig its easy to see that u dont creep. I find it funny that the time u picture as balanced was roi wen freeps were in their most OP state since before the 65 days, maybe even in their most OP state ever, but i wudnt know i didnt play pre SoM. if you need to have freeps be as powerful as they were in roi for pvp to be balanced for you I suggest quiting ur freeps until they become easy enough for you to play again.

(Also, the best geared spam healing mini s can beat spiders if they heal enough, though it takes several minutes.)

No QQ

~Glora/Slyco/wateverthehellmynameisnowqq
    Glaer, noobwarden of DwarrowDelf

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    Your argument is invalid. not everyone plays a loremaster. I laughed when I read that to be honest. I mean creeps qq about loremasters being op. but do you honestly think everyone runs around with a pocket lm? normally in the moors there arent that many lms out to begin with, and I bet you over half the ones out there dont know their class well enough to be OP.

Freeps desverve BFP and thats that.
    So when you finally get bfp will you stop being fail and 1v1 my filer? As it stands now you were obviously not confident in your skill playing a champ to even try to fight me, and instead continued to try to fight creeps below r6. Someone who does 1v1s like that obviously needs bfp to be effective in the moors, while skilled players will only make for better 1v1s. I wud say dont let me catch you solo, but lets be honest after the half hour it takes for me to smash you you can just sprint away and hide.

Also i may be a big fan of calling gall a noob, but ive fought and fought with dozens of lms across 4 servers and gall is one of the better ones easily.

Dont be telling him he cant play his class to the point of being OP, becuase neither can you.

/attack off
    /come at me

~glora
    Last edited by Glorahealz; Feb 17 2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Glaer, noobwarden of DwarrowDelf

Quote Originally Posted by Zoar View Post
    I know the only reason you said this is because you love me >:3

I don't mind being weak again. There are less reavers out when that is the case, which makes me feel special. (:

~ NoobyNoobytheNoobNoob aka Rayzr
    You will always be my favorite Ray <3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000007d51a/signature.png]Karganos[/charsig]
    Dooms if you are reading this. BARZILLIA Also, i miss you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Glorahealz View Post
    So when you finally get bfp will you stop being fail and 1v1 my filer? As it stands now you were obviously not confident in your skill playing a champ to even try to fight me, and instead continued to try to fight creeps below r6. Someone who does 1v1s like that obviously needs bfp to be effective in the moors, while skilled players will only make for better 1v1s. I wud say dont let me catch you solo, but lets be honest after the half hour it takes for me to smash you you can just sprint away and hide.

Also i may be a big fan of calling gall a noob, but ive fought and fought with dozens of lms across 4 servers and gall is one of the better ones easily.

Dont be telling him he cant play his class to the point of being OP, becuase neither can you.

/attack off
    /come at me

~glora
    Lol thanks Glora but i don't think he said i am not OP. He said he bets me half the lms can't be OP.
    Anyway if he did mean i can't play to be OP i would love if he comes to Dwarrowdelf with his freeps or creeps or both and I will be happy to farm him (like old times).

Also, miss you Gloranoob. I am pretty much not playing any game because of school but some times i find the time to troll a bit on Lotro or Guild Wars 2.

And yeah I still agree that freeps don't need Battlefield Promotion. They need more numbers but that won't happen until moors become f2p or freeps become OP. Knowing Turbine and the P2W encouragement policy i would bet on the second case always.
    Last edited by Unrecorded; Feb 17 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    grats to that group which raged after one wipe at tr.

onward to r15 lol
    Jas just stop right there. When you and the rest of the creeps finally realize that camping TR back door AND TR upstairs tends to annoy freeps, then you'll get it.

And I don't know which group you're talking about. We just regrouped at the rez and came back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    and yea, i lost like twice to a hunter at r11 - can it be? yes it can lol
    Woot! I got a mention here haha! @evo, I agree 100%. But lemme tell you what frustrates me especially freepside. There are alot more higher ranked creeps in moors now. And I often see alot patrolling the areas between the rez and where the main fighting is. Imagine some lowbie freep getting ganked over and over by high ranked creeps coming from GV/rez to TR.

Get ganked enough and they will leave, which will only leave the few holed up inside of TR, or a GV camp. Which is what it has been coming to alot recently. Ive been trying to encourage some new players when I can see em. But kinda hard to when they just get ganked. what can I tell em?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Jas just stop right there. When you and the rest of the creeps finally realize that camping TR back door AND TR upstairs tends to annoy freeps, then you'll get it.

And I don't know which group you're talking about. We just regrouped at the rez and came back out.
    But what if my purpose as your enemy is to annoy you? ;P

You guys camped OC anyways, it was like ping pong camping > TR > OC > TR > OC >TR > OC

ILikeToNoobItNoobIt aka Rayzr
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoar View Post
    You guys camped OC anyways
    I was AFK like that whole time LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hahawhat View Post
    Ok.

I just want to see anything but a warden stand a chance against a r8+weaver. Hell i would like to see 2 of any class except a warden against a weaver. Moors is balanced?

Kamikazee and Jasiak top quality reavers, 25k morale...

War leaders.. 29k morale...

Defilers 22k morale.. able to sap even a wardens power if he isn't careful

IMO, moors was balanced at ROI!

ssuper, noqq
    Lots of players can beat spiders, ill use kidefence and illthallion for example, they are both champs on E. they can take on anyone, and win. Ive noticed that dwarrow is losing some of its veteran players, new people are coming in and they arent as good as the old players, but thats ok. It just takes patience and practice. Illthallion has been playing about 6 years now, and kid maybe 3 or 4. they got good over time and by being patient. drakkarmyst was a good champ before he took a break, he got that good over time. so did karoc and aktis. so did vidou and zidia, and caspur ect. just takes time. I have a lot of trouble with spiders myself, im just not good enough yet to beat high ranked spiders, but I havnt played champ that long either, and no matter how good you are, and no matter how op the other side is it can be done, we are always learning our class.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorahealz View Post

/attack off
    /come at me

~glora
    Glora, I dont even know you, first off, second Ive never seen you before. unless you have some other account that you play on. And no, you read it wrong. Ive been on dwarrow lately while he was on his lm and he is d*** good. And Im not looking at this from a 1v1 point of view about how freeps need bfp. creeps generally have 2 to 3 times freep numbers, especially on E. so the bfp might give the freeps the boost needed to even the odds a little. I mean just a but ago there was a 20+ wl raid....how do you expect freeps to combat that? especially when there arent even enough on to form a 12 man raid? Gall and I have been cool for a long time (at least I think) but that doesnt mean I cant disagree on something. notice how I didnt attack him individually and cal him a noob and call him fail? nope. I just stated my opinion on the matter. and like I said before I dont even know who you are and have never seen you at 1v1 circles....but, if its really that important to you then sure lets 1v1. if you beat me then big whoop-de-doo. you beat me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    Lots of players can beat spiders, ill use kidefence and illthallion for example, they are both champs on E. they can take on anyone, and win. Ive noticed that dwarrow is losing some of its veteran players, new people are coming in and they arent as good as the old players, but thats ok. It just takes patience and practice. Illthallion has been playing about 6 years now, and kid maybe 3 or 4. they got good over time and by being patient. drakkarmyst was a good champ before he took a break, he got that good over time. so did karoc and aktis. so did vidou and zidia, and caspur ect. just takes time. I have a lot of trouble with spiders myself, im just not good enough yet to beat high ranked spiders, but I havnt played champ that long either, and no matter how good you are, and no matter how op the other side is it can be done, we are always learning our class.
    Well let me just state from experience, IF I used my cds (healing burrow), I'm pretty sure I could beat most (if not all) champs every time. But since that's pretty cheap, I try not to in a 1v1. Just the other day, Aktis and I had a spontaneous 1v1 (I think it was 1 red OP, 0 blue,with Aktis having cappy buffs) where it was very close, Aktis killed me, but I had enough dots to also get him (I assume since after I retreated I got kb and seemingly full inf for the kill).

Excellent Champs (and burgs, and really good rks) do have a chance against spiders, but they still have a big disadvantage.

LMs and Minis on the other hand, are just the opposite, and (if they know how to be OP, which I will not share since I don't want more of them knowing ;P ) should almost always win against spiders. (Wardens are hard to tell, seems like Evo and Jak can win every time if they want to in a 1v1, but most other wardens on this server are pretty easy to beat or just run away.)

Captains, Hunters, and Guards I can't really see having much of a chance... possibly Hunters with their burst dps....

Just my take on things from playing a spider(warg) regularly.
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    Well let me just state from experience, IF I used my cds (healing burrow), I'm pretty sure I could beat most (if not all) champs every time. But since that's pretty cheap, I try not to in a 1v1. Just the other day, Aktis and I had a spontaneous 1v1 (I think it was 1 red OP, 0 blue,with Aktis having cappy buffs) where it was very close, Aktis killed me, but I had enough dots to also get him (I assume since after I retreated I got kb and seemingly full inf for the kill).

Excellent Champs (and burgs, and really good rks) do have a chance against spiders, but they still have a big disadvantage.

LMs and Minis on the other hand, are just the opposite, and (if they know how to be OP, which I will not share since I don't want more of them knowing ;P ) should almost always win against spiders. (Wardens are hard to tell, seems like Evo and Jak can win every time if they want to in a 1v1, but most other wardens on this server are pretty easy to beat or just run away.)

Captains, Hunters, and Guards I can't really see having much of a chance... possibly Hunters with their burst dps....

Just my take on things from playing a spider(warg) regularly.
    And a good observation at that, it really comes down to class knowledge and individual skill.

somewhere between this world and the next...
    I like this thread... kind of inspired me to hit the moors on Saturday for the first time in many, many weeks. I enjoyed some great 1 v 1's against some great players. There were many that did not bother to spar me... out of respect I believe... knowing that I really do not have a chance to win...

I have seen the video of the guardian sparring reavers but I cannot believe he fought any as good as Rayzr, Burgzerg, etc. In fact, during the 1 v 1's on Saturday, I was grouped with Burgzerg (on his minnie) and was talking about reavers, and he knew I had little chance.

Coming from my time off, I can tell you that I have a fresh perspective, and that the moors really is out of balance, and add that a guard is one of the weakest out there and it is truly daunting. But I was just out there to say hi to old friends etc. and had a great time dying over and over. Really it is the only way to have fun... heck I was happy when I DIDN'T die one in every ten battles... being stunned then flayer rooted over and over and over... gotta love the flayer wargs.

I know I am repeating what many of you already know... But to give you an idea of a guardian skill rotation to maybe, maybe even have a chance in a 1 v 1 against a high rank. I have to switch armor sets twice in a fight, drop stance twice and wait for the induction to complete while avoiding damage, I have to apply bleeds and sometimes salt them to raise their tier. Decide whether to use Pledge for the 30% boost to damage, or drop stance for 10 secs of defense while waiting for a 2 - 3 second induction to get back to OP, pretty much wasting half of it... Anyway, I am pretty sure that a Guardian has to be way more skilled than any other class out there and it takes a long time to learn. That is why most guards just give up. I am completely baffled as to why the devs have left guards with the short end of the stick... but now I am just babbling on.

As for general moors gameplay, I don't blame the creeps (since they had it bad for so long) but there is a little bit of a greed mentality out there. For the 10 freeps that show up to the party, creeps seemed to show no mercy... Jonp was pointing out when people were branding when the fight was 30 v 10 !!! I know it is not the vet creeps for the most part though. I even saw freeps log to their creeps... wow, now it's 31 v 9. But, like I said, I don't blame creeps... it is more the imbalance out there that makes people greedy - If they don't get their kills when there are a few freeps on then when are they going to get them? Like I said, I love being flayer rooted while being attacked by 5 creeps at the same time... over and over again... but that is creeps just getting their kills. After a while though, you have to realize that it becomes a choice of leaving frustrated or staying and paying the debt from all the time freeps were OP.

Anyway, nice to see old friends out there and I will be back!
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

Good to cya back, Thren!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast