We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cool

lol @ Jonp and Rayzr.

I was not insinuating for anyone to drop VIP or start any sort of revolution against Turbine. Good options to get a point across to them nonetheless lol. By hurting dev's pockets(significantly) you are more likely to catch their attention and receive a positive response. So it is up to you if a necessary sacrifice is bound to be made in order to achieve a grater goal down the road. You can also make a difference by doing as Evo suggests and make the best out of the moors in the conditions its in now, with lack of Turbine's support. Or simply move on. Regardless, you are right Evo, every positive action contributed no matter how small, is a step closer to an overall better experience in the moors. Too bad not everyone thinks that way, and like I said before one does not simply alternate someone's habits and mentality, specially when they are playing the game the way it is suggested to them
    by the devs themselves.

P.S.
    I know I missed something, but I'm falling asleep. :O

Less than three~ Thunder.
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Feb 14 2013 at 01:45 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post
    I was not insinuating for anyone to drop VIP or start any sort of revolution against Turbine. Good options to get a point across to them nonetheless lol.
    Eh I have been thinking about this for a while now, so it's not like I'm doing this solely because of the thread.

But yes, I took the time to read the Zub-like length of Evo's post and I agree with everything he said. The example he mentioned about the new hunter actually somewhat relates to me. When I first came out to the moors, I was getting ganked by wargs left and right. But as Evo as said about the R0 reaver and high ranked BA, I was actually let into an Ainur group and showed around the moors and whatnot. That actually saved me from leaving the moors to be honest. Had it not been for Ainur, I would not be in the moors today.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Eh I have been thinking about this for a while now, so it's not like I'm doing this solely because of the thread.

But yes, I took the time to read the Zub-like length of Evo's post and I agree with everything he said. The example he mentioned about the new hunter actually somewhat relates to me. When I first came out to the moors, I was getting ganked by wargs left and right. But as Evo as said about the R0 reaver and high ranked BA, I was actually let into an Ainur group and showed around the moors and whatnot. That actually saved me from leaving the moors to be honest. Had it not been for Ainur, I would not be in the moors today.
    When I first started on Gladden as a r0, green reaver, I was farmed all of the time by freep raids. I just thought that was because I had no experience. I expected to die a lot before I got the hang of things. I still remember my first solo kill (: I was so happy >:3

~Rayzr

P.S. Four years later and I've only gained +1 experience for a total of 1 experience points fyi
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

hmmm

Ok.

I just want to see anything but a warden stand a chance against a r8+weaver. Hell i would like to see 2 of any class except a warden against a weaver. Moors is balanced?

Kamikazee and Jasiak top quality reavers, 25k morale...

War leaders.. 29k morale...

Defilers 22k morale.. able to sap even a wardens power if he isn't careful

IMO, moors was balanced at ROI!

ssuper, noqq
    Officially, Exclusively, Playstyles, Connvicted, Kickkback, Yoloswagkingg.

Quote Originally Posted by hahawhat View Post
    Ok.

I just want to see anything but a warden stand a chance against a r8+weaver. Hell i would like to see 2 of any class except a warden against a weaver. Moors is balanced?

Kamikazee and Jasiak top quality reavers, 25k morale...

War leaders.. 29k morale...

Defilers 22k morale.. able to sap even a wardens power if he isn't careful

IMO, moors was balanced at ROI!

ssuper, noqq
    Lore-masters farm weavers and any other creep class regardless of rank (except ranked Warleaders) on 1v1. Your arguments are invalid and freeps don't need Battlefield Promotion.

I think in update 10 it might even out when all the freep zerglings come back out after remaining hidden since there glory days of update 6-7 where they would have many more than creeps had out, although around this time creeps have had a much better chance of getting to better ranks to fight alot better, average rank now is about 7ish for creep, back then was like 3 or 4, which was ludicris, and a over raid of ~30 creeps could get wiped by half there size or less.

For now many in my tribe are r9+ which wouldve greatly helped out back then, but have it now so itll be much closer fighting. If freeps do decide to come back out

Alot of the creeps on the current side where also beat down/farmed/rezcamped for awhile aswell but stuck through and kept trying to fight which is why some may seem so eager to consider rez camping in the first place, around the first 2 weeks since I got back from a 2 month break It was fun to stand infront of the freep rez while getting ranged shot by hunters/lms/minis, with filer heals and being invincible like rks and hunters used to do with spam minis/cappy heals preror and guard shield wall, did that for a couple weeks but stopped because I got bored.

Comparing now and then even I tried to ask for some aid from freeps to flip sides to help out in lugz rez camps/ grams rez camps when I only had Blackarrow though was largely ignored most times. alsowarleader was transfered (really only reason I had transfered was because the main freep pvmp kin disbanded and freeps seemingly vanished for a couple weeks then I transfer than they come out in legions)

The way it is looking it is going to be harder to get kills on both sides with the new power regens and all power drains being nerfed, so the fights should get either Even, or still the same, or may even go back to what it was pre ROR, which I would look foward to since there is alot more to work with from stronger reavers who can actually Charge and live long enough to do damage, we have something that I have always wanted which is more active ranked warleaders, we do need active filers, usually when we need them they aren't there

Also to Evo Torqky/Turtles was a great player who helped out losing sides, wonder if he will ever play again is missed on both sides

Excuse my grammar/spelling mistakes
    Last edited by New_Requiem; Feb 14 2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Rest In Peace Thunderboltz 2011-2013
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

as a
    Quote Originally Posted by Boburgs
    top quality reaver
    i can say that i have only my 25k morale when im buffed. lately im trying to run more solo, and i have like 22k or so.

but still thats just morale. i was farmed by glory champs/some really good burgs/good lms all the time. So its just matter of skill and (perhaps) gear/tact versus reaver, or just versus me. Its game when yet there are just few classes, but not everyone is playing his class in the same way as others do, so sometimes u gotta find way to beat not a class, but a player

and yea, i lost like twice to a hunter at r11 - can it be? yes it can lol
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Unrecorded View Post
    Lore-masters farm weavers and any other creep class regardless of rank (except ranked Warleaders) on 1v1. Your arguments are invalid and freeps don't need Battlefield Promotion.
    Your argument is invalid. not everyone plays a loremaster. I laughed when I read that to be honest. I mean creeps qq about loremasters being op. but do you honestly think everyone runs around with a pocket lm? normally in the moors there arent that many lms out to begin with, and I bet you over half the ones out there dont know their class well enough to be OP.

Freeps desverve BFP and thats that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

Appreciate the effort Evo. I don't think much will change though. A large portion of people will just keep playing whatever class/side is winning instead of trying to have good fights.

On balance: creep side is a little bit too strong right now, definitely in numbers and possibly very slightly in strength (but I think it's mostly numbers). There is almost never any need to group up anymore which I miss. I hope that the update brings more freeps since they will now have an incentive to rank up. I've had to resort to trying to rank up every class just to keep things interesting.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

I hope turbine gives block stance flayer-like bubbles, some time in the future. That would be great for guards. They'd be a little more effective as a harassers with that.
    Last edited by GoogleKeithBoadwee; Feb 14 2013 at 09:45 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    Your argument is invalid. not everyone plays a loremaster. I laughed when I read that to be honest. I mean creeps qq about loremasters being op. but do you honestly think everyone runs around with a pocket lm? normally in the moors there arent that many lms out to begin with, and I bet you over half the ones out there dont know their class well enough to be OP.

Honestly i don't care if freeps get Battlefield Promotion. I am not even playing and don't plan to come back at the moment. I came back to see how Rohan was and enjoyed for one month or two, then i saw that the PvMP was same old thing with fails sitting in zergs staring at each other and refusing to move unless they were sure they could win.

But from what i saw when i was playing, freeps were still powerful and my kin group usually won most fights even being outnumbered. Creeps could never beat a group with one or two good Lore-masters keeping everyone with Stun Immunity and good healers and DPS unless they had way more numbers. So I keep my opinion that freeps need numbers, not Battlefield Promotion.
    Last edited by Unrecorded; Feb 14 2013 at 09:49 PM.

well hopefully battlefield promotions make it more even.

GET RID OF BRANDS ENTIRELY BOTH SIDES

QQ JASAIK ILL CJ YOU TO THE END OF THE WORLD

1v1s are stupid regardless if winning or losing or just...
    STANDING THERE SINCE NO CREEP WILL EVER 1v1 ANYTHING IT HAS TO WORK FOR OR IS AN ACTUAL CHALLENGE!!! QQ TIMES 50!!!

PS
    FU FLIES YOU DESERVE THE NERF COMMIN TO YOU HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/Moo2dabum/media/noqqsig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k489/Moo2dabum/noqqsig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Dwarrowdelf: R12 Warden Jak\ R8 Minstrell Amoxx\ R10 Runekeeper Smellslike\ R9 reaver Martiall\ R10 Defiler Tussin-1
    Crickhollow: R12 Defiler Tussinn\ R10 Reaver Martiall\ R10 Warg Superiorskill

Quote Originally Posted by hahawhat View Post

ssuper, noqq
    QQ about what bofails?
    Your fail rk or even more fail burg? Do not waste my time.

Gall, a warg can beat an lm but the warg has to be smart and time their interrupts correctly.
    Also, flea bitten + shadow fangs helps (+50% inductions).
    Have to keep the LM slowed all the time too. A smart LM will kite you to death.

So for wargs who want to beat LMs. Remember to trait both runspeed boosts to keep up even in tar.
    Use flea bitten while you're closing off the distance between you and the LM.
    Always keep shadow fangs and slow on.
    Traited eye-gouge really helps (an interrupt on a 10 sec cd is always useful to have).
    Don't use eye-gouge as an animation canceler to increase your DPS (i.e. using it with rend flesh).
    Instead, save it to interrupt Water-Lore, Ents, or Lightning Storm.
    Remember, you have a second interrupt (Pounce). While it can't stun LMs with SI, it's still useful for interrupting.
    Keep an eye on the LM's SI. If the fight goes on long enough, SI might run out and the LM might forget to renew it.
    Easy way to get a free stun and some damage off.

I also heard very good reavers can beat LMs by timing their gut punch interrupt perfectly with Water-Lore.
    I have not seen this personally though.

Anyways, LM water-lore cooldown is being increased to 30 seconds with RoR, so fighting them might get easier.
    Last edited by thenabforlife; Feb 14 2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added another tip
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Meh, I don't mind charging in and knowing I'll die as long as there is a chance I "may" get a kill. Only time I downright stop pvping and log/quest instead is when the enemy group/raid gets so many healers that literally they become immortal gods unless you magically double or even tripple your numbers.

My issue is the absolute SPAM level of healing that often ruins pvp as of late. (I recall a 4 mini, 3 captain, and 2 healing rk group that also had 2 champs and 3 burgs. Even the creep one shots were complaining about not being able to kill that. XD.) Enemy adds 2x the dps? I can live with that, at least it's still possible to kill something with that before you all die.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000086ed1/signature.png]Blackomen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thenabforlife View Post
    QQ about what bofails?
    Your fail rk or even more fail burg? Do not waste my time.

Gall, a warg can beat an lm but the warg has to be smart and time their interrupts correctly.
    Also, flea bitten + shadow fangs helps (+50% inductions).
    Have to keep the LM slowed all the time too. A smart LM will kite you to death.

So for wargs who want to beat LMs. Remember to trait both runspeed boosts to keep up even in tar.
    Use flea bitten while you're closing off the distance between you and the LM.
    Always keep shadow fangs and slow on.
    Traited eye-gouge really helps (an interrupt on a 10 sec cd is always useful to have).
    Don't use eye-gouge as an animation canceler to increase your DPS (i.e. using it with rend flesh).
    Instead, save it to interrupt Water-Lore, Ents, or Lightning Storm.
    Remember, you have a second interrupt (Pounce). While it can't stun LMs with SI, it's still useful for interrupting.
    Keep an eye on the LM's SI. If the fight goes on long enough, SI might run out and the LM might forget to renew it.
    Easy way to get a free stun and some damage off.

I also heard very good reavers can beat LMs by timing their gut punch interrupt perfectly with Water-Lore.
    I have not seen this personally though.

Anyways, LM water-lore cooldown is being increased to 30 seconds with RoR, so fighting them might get easier.
    I doubt any warg can beat me and if lms trait "Healer" water lore gets 1s induction which is really hard to interrupt.

I doubt any warg can beat me and if lms trait "Healer" water lore gets 1s induction which is really hard to interrupt.
    You should bring your LM back so I can try, but freeping still costs money so I understand if you don't wanna.

Becomes a 1.5sec induction with shadow fangs + flea bitten which I think is more than enough time to interrupt.
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    I am not happy with the way the moors are right now but I'm gonna give it till U10. If things aren't fixed by then I will be cancelling VIP when I hit rank 10 on my hunter.
    what do you want fixed? everything seems fine to me..ive played both sides long enough to see that there isnt really anything wrong with freeps or creeps...no one side is op...it all comes down to skill and knowledge of your class...we both play hunters and i dont find our class to be weak or under powered. yes its harder due to our squishy build but we make up for that with dmg..now i bet someones gonna reply to this saying something on the lines of "you fail at hunter or wl blah blah" and try to explain to me why one side is op or not..but really...take the time to really play both sides and learn how to really play that class to its limits and you'll see theres nothing wrong...i think its just rage that takes over...if im getting farmed on my hunter sooner or later imma be like "OMG HUNTER SUCKS WE DIE SO FAST I WANT TURBINE TO MAKE US STRONGER" but thats just anger lol...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol noo no no
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Some of you need to take a break from moors...so much...hate there nowadays..geebuz
    just errbody take a day off and...............

DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Cool Some good point made in this thread.

Here are some good points I noticed after reading this thread. If you don't feel like reading the entire thread that is. I'm sure we can all agree on the following.

1. Turbine lacks support in the moors, could make better decisions, release better content and for the most part ignores community suggestions.
    (e.g They end up over-buffing or nerfing a class.)

i saw that the PvMP was same old thing with fails sitting in zergs staring at each other and refusing to move unless they were sure they could win.

But from what i saw when i was playing, freeps were still powerful and my kin group usually won most fights even being outnumbered. Creeps could never beat a group with one or two good Lore-masters keeping everyone with Stun Immunity and good healers and DPS unless they had way more numbers. So I keep my opinion that freeps need numbers, not Battlefield Promotion.
    2. This made me lol and is true for the most part. Small server allows for this kind of behavior, ego, habits, and mentality. Zerg or be zerged, only fight "fated fights" that you know you can win, by hugging npcs to avoid death.

3. Players can do things as Evo suggest to influence moors for the better. The example of Torqky flipping to the loosing side is perfect. But like Burgzerg says, fails will want to play the winning side no matter how uneven fights are.

4. RoR pvmp = creeps are OP? Reavers are only getting their well deserved revenge against freeps, so no qq.

5. @ Jak, hmm maybe get rid of p2w entirely? Start everyone on equal grounds when it comes to benefits. Not saying turn this into gw2, but any item that is to be used for a benefit to be rewarded from pure pvp would be better.

6. Moors is not meant to be balanced pvp, so choose your class wisely. Because many fights in the end do come down to skill (as Failtos suggests), but numbers are usually a big issue.

Other things to sum up this thread include Ssuper's guide for warg vs. LMs. And Pat's suggestion to DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING!

P.S.
    If ever it might look like I'm ranting, like stated before I really do enjoy lotro and the community, and so I'm not afraid to point things out I believe could change for the better.
    If I missed any other good points I'll edit.&

Less than three~ Thunder.
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Feb 15 2013 at 01:42 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

4. RoR pvmp = creeps are OP? Reavers are only getting their well deserved revenge against freeps, so no qq.
    i really regret that i wasnt playing my reaver that much in roi time, ( i was only rank5) but yea i was zerged all the time. I remember my every killing blow gave me big satisfaction even if i couldnt solo any freep lol

but what we are lacking, is the numbers of freeps, not quality of them that much. Ofcourse im laughin hard when i see champion in ardour stance(aoe dmg) or guardian in threat stance lmao. But i will leave this to that freeps, no pointing names.

See you all in the moors! Hope i wont get much trouble with gettin my noobish reaver to r12 with u10 :PP
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Here are some good points I noticed after reading this thread. If you don't feel like reading the entire thread that is. I'm sure we can all agree on the following.

I know the only reason you said this is because you love me >:3

I don't mind being weak again. There are less reavers out when that is the case, which makes me feel special. (:

~ NoobyNoobytheNoobNoob aka Rayzr
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Cool

I come out often and try take on a creep raid I have screen shots of me solo in TR many times and an entire raid comes to Zerg my brave self =( if you wanna see it ?
    Bottom line is ? I still love this game =)
    [URL=http://s910.photobucket.com/user/morefirec/media/signatureforumsB_zpswapzd4q1.png.html][IMG]http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac305/morefirec/signatureforumsB_zpswapzd4q1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Overlord Fiire ~ Defiler / Captain-General Morefire ~Loremaster

Maybe if our champs were as good as this one, then Dwarrowdelf moors would be better

SECOND MARSHAL AENISE - LEVEL 100 BURGLAR
    TARITHUIL - LEVEL 100 CHAMPION
    Forever a Dwarrowdelfian <3
    My PvMP Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

Quote Originally Posted by Zoar View Post
    For those of you who decide not to read it, I'll sum it up for you > Evo is a freep. yw! >:3

~Rayzr
    Haha yes Ray I know. Though if this was RoI, I would be saying things from more of a creepside-slant haha.. I just kinda flip between sides looking for better fights.. And as of late I have found more of a challenge trying to out flank rez camps and run into zergs solo as a freep, then to wait for more "food" to come out of GV all day :/

If the balance shifts again, I am sure I will be back creepside trying to help out.

Really though from what I have seen, it's a mix of what I have said, and what Thunder has posted.

In the end it is Turbine's fault that some of the play in lotro has ended up this way.. Only they, can control how we play (and as of now with farming and such, it doesn't seem like they care too much)... We can't control how the community plays, only how we do ourselves.

My posts were not in the least saying anything against creepside.. I actually like the community better and have more total infamy than renown ;P ..The thread again, is just asking.. What steps could we be willing to take to improve our PvP, even when Turbine won't.

(As a side note I could care less for balance haha, just dislike cheap playing... I am fine with reavers shredding freeps, LMs owning 1v1s, and weavers being OP... The moors have never been balanced, and I don't think they ever will.. I'll be out soon on a hunter anyways, and I plan on getting farmed by many a reaver and warg )
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast