We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Guys I figured out what is wrong with our moors!!

So, took me a while but I finally traced the problem back to a common and very contagious disease!!

It has been labeled as H1N1-1337, aka; IdontWantToDieSoIwontPvPunless IknowIllWin.

Be carefull, the contagion is the worst between wargs, but has of late spread to most freeps D;

Not to worry, I have also found the cure!! ....Play for fun! (-Edited to provide a more universal term)

^^ I know that most don't care for that style of fighting, but being able to play lately with a few who share the same viewpoint has reminded me of the potential of PvP here... So I though I would post this just INCASE there were a few others out there, looking for the cure

Anyways...
    Last edited by Agost; Feb 12 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Do you have to be a V.I.P to go to the Ettenmoors and PvP?

Yes, and probably lvl 85

Ah, Ok. Thanks

And here I thought it was because of "IDONTWANTOTPLAYCAUSEPVMPISBOR ING"

I've had that a lot,and it seems every time I get cured of it, there's a bad case of

"PEWPEWREZCAMPING' or "1VS1DANCEPARTY" even some "SOMUCHLAGICANTMOVE" that doesn't even include the

"FARMINGFORRANKS" and "GLITCHINGMYSTATS" that seems to be going around.

Maybe I'll try dying some and see if that makes it better.

Lol ok ok so, more than one problem out here... But we have to start somewhere xD

Quote Originally Posted by Agost View Post
    Lol ok ok so, more than one problem out here... But we have to start somewhere xD
    Ignorance is bliss eh?

dd moors?
    hmm we can serve ourselve in the open area, go afk and than maybe freeps will come out of the tr/gv/lugz.
    yea that could work lol

oh and yea nerf creeps, definitely. oh wait they are doing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    dd moors?
    hmm we can serve ourselve in the open area, go afk and than maybe freeps will come out of the tr/gv/lugz.
    yea that could work lol

oh and yea nerf creeps, definitely. oh wait they are doing that...
    lol, they arent nerfing anything, BFP, 1st agers and jewels wont have that big of an impact as people say, just wait and see what happens. I think moors will be fine. Besides even if they did nerf creeps a tiny bit it wouldnt be a big deal. since creeps outnumber freeps about 3 to 1 at any given moment freeps need to be stronger to make up for population inbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    dd moors?
    yea that could work lol
    Nah Jas I'm not bashing creeps.. It's a server wide problem, both sides.

Also nah that doesn't work, really freeps in GV is a numbers issue most of the time, and tends to happen during slow parts of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    lol, they arent nerfing anything, BFP, 1st agers and jewels wont have that big of an impact as people say, just wait and see what happens.
    lolwut

Bottomline: y so serious?

^not relevant it just looked funny.

for me its more like " IdontWantToDieSoIwontPvPunless IknowPatWontGankMyCreep"

<.< >.> hmm still think its a plot for Pat to assassinate Drdeadman...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    lolwut

Bottomline: y so serious?

^not relevant it just looked funny.
    Lol best post ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IthiliusofHonourless View Post
    lol, they arent nerfing anything, BFP, 1st agers and jewels wont have that big of an impact as people say, just wait and see what happens. I think moors will be fine. Besides even if they did nerf creeps a tiny bit it wouldnt be a big deal. since creeps outnumber freeps about 3 to 1 at any given moment freeps need to be stronger to make up for population inbalance.
    Pshh first off, like I am ever gonna get a FA... lol D;

And 2nd on BR atm creeps have all their passive crit defense back AND THEN SOME.

Unless our playstlye changes, Hunters will still get farmed by 4-6 wargs at a time, creeps won't be able to find open field fights unless freeps have 3+ healers, and branding+running will still be the first thing to expect when a fight goes wrong...

Better freep stats won't solve conservative playing (Umm, gotta have those stars so we can look awesome on the forums I guess), it may even promote it when we start getting freep raids out again

Tbh Turbine could fix this by taking 2 things out of the game... Rating.. And the spot on the wartab that shows your # of deaths.

But hey, this has been said before many times by many other people.

Please note that this is not a QQ thread, it is a reality thread. Something that needs to be addressed.
    Also please note that this is not directed at anyone, I know soooo many people that could care less for anything other than playing for fun and enjoying the game.. And tbh those are the people that keep our PvP alive.
    Last edited by Agost; Feb 13 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Pshh first off, like I am ever gonna get a FA... lol D;

And 2nd on BR atm creeps have all their passive crit defense back AND THEN SOME.

Unless our playstlye changes, Hunters will still get farmed by 4-6 wargs at a time, creeps won't be able to find open field fights unless freeps have 3+ healers, and branding+running will still be the first thing to expect when a fight goes wrong...

Better freep stats won't solve conservative playing (Umm, gotta have those stars so we can look awesome on the forums I guess), it may even promote it when we start getting freep raids out again

Tbh Turbine could fix this by taking 2 things out of the game... Rating.. And the spot on the wartab that shows your # of deaths.

Please note that this is not a QQ thread, it is a reality thread. Something that needs to be addressed.
    Also poease note that this is not directed at anyone, I know soooo many people that could care less for anything other than playing for fun and enjoying the game.. And tbh those are the people that keep our PvP alive.
    my feelings exactly

but if they take away the deaths part... how will i finally reach my goal of 5k deaths and has proof? 0.o?.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Another random pic pat? lol

I have to agree with Evo, this is sad that freeps are so afraid to die they won't leave the npc's... but also creeps need to learn to play there toons instead of this whole "AMG THERE IS 1 FREEP, HURRY WE NEED TO MAKE A RAID!" Once upon a time freeps and creeps alike learned to play there class, not rely on sheer numbers to overwhelm. So get out their and die, rating truly means nothing anymore and your not gonna rank hugging npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Delamore View Post
    I have to agree with Evo, this is sad that freeps are so afraid to die they won't leave the npc's... but also creeps need to learn to play there toons instead of this whole "AMG THERE IS 1 FREEP, HURRY WE NEED TO MAKE A RAID!" Once upon a time freeps and creeps alike learned to play there class, not rely on sheer numbers to overwhelm. So get out their and die, rating truly means nothing anymore and your not gonna rank hugging npcs.
    ^THIS.

is how you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Delamore View Post

Really should look like this ^^

Cool It all ties in together.

Also please note that this is not directed at anyone, I know soooo many people that could care less for anything other than playing for fun and enjoying the game.. And tbh those are the people that keep our PvP alive.

Hi Evo, no qq. I'm still wondering why you are here trying to come up with solutions to fix Turbine's problems, when you could be doing jumping puzzles with Thunder.
    Wait a second... why I'm I here? ("Retired" heuheuheuheu!)

In all seriousness. Disclaimer- No qq, no rant.
    Just the reality of the dictation of the Cycle of Creeps. If you don't like it, your punishment will be severe, I shall hang at Orc Camp.

Turbine has their own view of where they want to take this game and the community has another. The problem is finding the middle ground of what community-suggested-features Turbine should implement to the game, without causing more trouble than they're worth. But many people feel like some of Turbine's past actions give the impression that they are not listening to the community at all! "But hey, this has been said before many times by many other people" Evo's statement is true. People turn to forums to rant all the time, but little change is made. So whats the problem? Not all can be blamed on Turbine. A good way to contribute to the "problem" is by making threads similar to this, and not taking any action afterwards. We state the things that we feel like are wrong, then cross our fingers and hope for change, but the reality is that devs(in general) will not listen unless you hit them where it really hurts, their pockets.

Now, I'm gunna use the name of "Timmy", but in reality I'm talking about a fellow LOTRO friend of mine.

I'm sorry to use you Timmy, but you are the perfect example for this. Timmy loves LOTRO and Turbine (sarcasm). Not really, lots of QQ and complains. But even though Timmy is tired of the "problem", he is the problem! Yes, it all comes down to Timmy! lol I'm just kidding. So anyways, Timmy, like many others, complain about Turbine and the game and want change. However, Timmy doesn't realize that by being VIP and constantly buying turbine points, he is a decent contributor to Turbine's earnings; What it all really comes down to. And so, Timmy is contradicting how he really feels, by his money spending actions. My point is, people complain and qq about devs and games (in general), and yet they throw their money at them regardless. It sends out the wrong message. As long as the devs are being fed with money, they are happy, whether the customer is happy in the other hand doesn't matter; they are getting paid regardless.

This is just another way to look at things.
    Hence why I took action and looked for something new that gave me that which LOTRO lacked. Whatever you decide to do is up to you. You might just love LOTRO the way it is. Regardless this was a good point to be made. If you are serious about wanting better quality, like me, one step to take could be actually doing something about it. e.g. Canceling VIP and leaving a message to Turbine explaining why.

Now I'll use my over-used farmer example to tie things together. My beloved farmer told me his actions where meant to send a message against Turbine. The community doesn't like farmers. Turbine does not listen to the community. And oh wait! the farmer is paying VIP. By paying VIP the joke is on the farmer.

Fixing people's habits and ego mentalities is beyond me. But again, they are playing the game how Turbine meant for it to be played, whether we like it or not. People turn to forums to ask Turbine for change, but there is no answer. If people try to take action by lets say canceling VIP, they can no longer freep out in the moors, which leads to no action and a worsened gaming experience.

The Cycle of Creeps cannot be broken, the moors is bound to be hopeless. Ironically It all ties in together.

Like Evo, I'm one of those people that play for fun (I just happen to be really elite at it ) And I enjoy playing lotro in my own way. However, I've been around long enough to have "figured out whats wrong with our moors" long ago.

P.S.
    Can't think of way to insult Failtos on this post. Oh wait... lol <3

Less than three~ Master Thunderboltz, The Elite.
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Feb 14 2013 at 12:08 AM.

I agree with everything you said Thunder, although I cannot give you rep :/

Turbine doesn't care if we're happy, so many people are paying VIP for moors play as it is so if you don't like it cancel VIP. I am not happy with the way the moors are right now but I'm gonna give it till U10. If things aren't fixed by then I will be cancelling VIP when I hit rank 10 on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post
    Words of Thunderboltz go here
    I agree!

I'm lifetime though, so last time I payed them was the RoR expansion...

I've already vowed never to purchase tp until they fix the farming problem (: < best I can do lol

~ Rayzr

P.S. Thunder, it took the "reply" page forever to load cause you posted a book QQ
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Disclaimer: If you don’t care for the views I have expressed in above posts (especially the windmill picture!! . ) Don’t read this post.. It is long and not worth your time

Yes Thunder I agree, though I think there are two different types of people who are disappointed with PvP.. The ones who are fed up enough to find something better, and the ones who still love the game enough to stay but just lament the lost potential in it.

Most of our PvP community is still here because even with being as fed up as they are, they still love the game. Therefore, ViP cash will continue to flow, and like you said Devs will continue down the path they are going.

This we cannot change unless we were to ALL (or at least a significant number) drop our ViP and explain why.. What we can change (and what is the point of this thread) is how we impact PvP on a daily and singular basis.

It is also as you said, unless these threads inspire change, all it is… Is QQ. That is why I posted this thread as not only a humorous way to look at things, but really something to be seen as a challenge to wake us up to act different,,, to save our PvP.

My point with this, while we cannot individually change Turbine’s plans, we CAN individually alter the game.

Just a couple examples of individual impact on PvP..

---Brand new Hunter comes out and gets rez camped by a warg(s) 3 days in a row.. Now I don’t mean killed a couple times, I mean FARMED (and don’t try to call it PvP, if you are rez-camping the same player who stands no chance over and over again (again not a few times, but EVERY time they try to come out), you are not PvPing.. Don’t lie to yourself) ..After 3 days the result= Hunter will never come back. We have lost what could have been a valuable leader, PvP’er and friend.

---Freeps choose to only raid with 10000 people vs. solo creeps for days on end.. Result= people like Thunder get tired of not finding any ½ even fights and leave. Due to frustration at the constant zergs, we have lost a very skilled player, and a good friend.

>>Now some good examples>>

---New R0 Reaver comes to the moors and is getting rez camped by a burg, will probably never come back to the moors.. No one wants him cuz he’s new.. High ranked BA invites him to a group and teaches him how to raid and PvP … Result= said R0 Reaver decides to stay in the moors, and a new PvP’er is born. (the R0 Reaver that almost quit was me, thank you so much ARAKAZ for bringing me in.

---Creep raid is destroying freeps, but the raid leader sees that freeps are not even grouped up and decides to disband to help even the fight so freeps don’t all log.. Result=better PvP, even if it means less surety of killing freeps without dying.

^^The point here is that, while we don’t always see it, everything we do out there not only affects our experience, but the experience of everyone around us.

Now as a side note, and this will not be taken well by many people but it needs to be said in as kind of a way as possible. Star huggers, you can play the game however you want, but to keep things real… Just be thankful not everyone plays the same way as you. Because if they did, we would have no PvP whatsoever. I guarantee you everyone here could play without dying once, but it would not be a fun sight.

Before reading the next paragraph (and before responding to the last one), please know again that nothing I say is aimed towards one person, nor is anything I say inclusive of everyone here.. NOR is this post in any way meant to be judgmental. The only goal I hope to achieve by this post is to ask us all to objectively take a look at what’s going on.

The one player that comes to mind who played both sides in a way that truly changed our PvP was Torqky/Iliketurtles.

^^Just think for a minute about the influence he had on our PvP, and the way he played… What if we had 100 people who played that way. Risk/honor/knowing when a raid is not necessary/playing for fun/making sure the other side has a chance..

^^I leave you with that thought, and hope you consider this. Love you all and I’ll c’ya in the moors on both sides in the coming weeks.,

-Skyler

Words of Evo
    For those of you who decide not to read it, I'll sum it up for you > Evo is a freep. yw! >:3

~Rayzr
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast