We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Random Dropping Out of Precision Stance In Raids, Fellowships and Skirmishes

I've looked over the topics and have not seen this reported, but I have to ask.

Since U9 I keep experiencing what the topic title describes: dropping out of my stance. I reported it as a bug using the in-game method.

It doesn't follow any pattern.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't when fighting on the landscape - only in group play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwald View Post
    I've looked over the topics and have not seen this reported, but I have to ask.

Since U9 I keep experiencing what the topic title describes: dropping out of my stance. I reported it as a bug using the in-game method.

It doesn't follow any pattern.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't when fighting on the landscape - only in group play.
    I don't experience this at all.

But I do think there is one possible reason though: Is your shortcut (macro) button so easy to accidentally hit that it seems like it is auto turning off at times?

I've done this several times before so I just changed it for \ to shift+\ to stop the annoyance.

Don't have it tied to a hotkey but, given that it's not happening to anyone else, it's something in my setup.

Thanks. I appreciate it. At least I know to troubleshoot it on my end.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There's a bug that used to happen when you'd dismount from Mounted Combat where your stance would drop. Perhaps this is it and maybe you're just not noticing until you're partway through the instance?
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    There's a bug that used to happen when you'd dismount from Mounted Combat where your stance would drop. Perhaps this is it and maybe you're just not noticing until you're partway through the instance?
    I wish there were a pattern to it such as that or some hotkey gone rogue. One time it popped out immediately after I fired a penetrating shot at the beginning of a fight. But just the one time. Other times it was when I'd get tossed by some monster that tosses people. Then I'd get tossed and nothing would happen.

In short, it drove me half mad trying to discern a pattern where there is none.

It's no big deal. I was growing weary of the very formulaic group content anyway. All this snafu did was hasten my decision to give it a rest.

Hm, very bizarre. It must be a bug of some sort. You don't drop out at all when you're outside of instances?

Quote Originally Posted by Ondarthos View Post
    Hm, very bizarre. It must be a bug of some sort. You don't drop out at all when you're outside of instances?
    I feel rather stupid now but I did indeed find the problem.

I've played until recently with just the one character and never expected to create a second. I don't enjoy solo play in online games. But just as update 9 was going online I started a Captain.

It never once occurred to me that characters would share the same keymap file. I was a developer for 18 years and had neither designed nor encountered such a thing in any game before.

In short, although I never set my stances to a hotkey for my Hunter, I used the slot it's in for a hotkey for my Captain. I play on a laptop with hotbar sizes reduced. When you mouse over a slot it does not tell you what it's mapped to and the label in the lower right corner on my display is a bit too small to make out.

When I moved it, following advice here, I also ended up moving to a spot that was hotkeyed for my Captain. I had to open the keymap options menu and go through the list until I managed to find the spot and remove any and all commands for it. Then rethink and redo my hotkey scheme for my cappie.

Someone told me about a slash command you can use to save keymap files but that's a bit too '80s for my taste

In short I'm feeling rather.....chagrined by it all