We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Just as 1v1s...

Question Just as 1v1s...

So, I'm here, sitting at work with a little window of nothing to do.
    As an adicted person, my mind wanders in the Moors and a way to make a nice fight night. I remember trying to make an event sort of like this a long time ago, but it was Moors wide and we mostly failed due to gold taggers... so this is what I came up with this time:

How about we make an event, a set date, to have small group fights just like 1v1?

It would be just like 1v1s. Groups of 6 would get organized and into one "candy mountain" where the fights would happen.

Over banners we tell which groups are there and who are the leaders. The group/fellowship's leaders will mark the leader of each group so we can have it organized.

Then, group leaders will go ahead and challenge the other group by jumping in front of the leader of that group. If he accepts, he will jump back. Then those groups move a little further and fight just as an 1v1.

The event should be constantly announced in OOC chats both sides so to avoid gankers...

Since the groups would've moved to a place nearby, ppl will know who's in each group. Therefore, gankers can be easily identified and delt with by the other players.

The other players, tho, must avoid being too close so the groups fighting won't commit any mistakes about their adversaries.

Rules can be assigned as if brands/insignias can be used, no coming back from rez (ofc), no getting out of combat to rez, etc...

What you think? Any interest?
    Thoughts?
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

Could be a good idea. Biggest thing would be having people willing to go through the trouble to set it up.
    I would participate in said group events. And if I wasn't in one I'd respect the wishes not to gank opposing players who are in a group v group fight.
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

I've been ganked in every 1v1 I've been in so far on my short time here. I will not participate in this. There are creeps who will not care and go to those fights just to gold tag.

Q_Q I jump somebody and they call in more friends, how I am supposed to ever do good in this game with the best turtling class. Save me before I get zerged everybody is out to get me.

Sorry back on topic this is a good plan Herja assuming though that creeps:freeps equal each other on in fighting power and a 6v6 would also be equivalent in fighting power. Could work but I would not personaly expect more then maybe 2 groups for each side during this due to lack of server population and GOGORAIDBABYS who really suck at this game and behind others for help. Good luck if you can make it happen.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000059ebb/signature.png]Iamthenerfbat[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Ofc it would depend on common sense...

If I was on creep side I would like to get a crazy good group together just to see how easy it would be to wipe the freep group... it even came to me:

Trahai
    Guido
    Burzan
    Xerxis
    Halkin
    Quag

That doesn't even sound like fun! =P
    But yeah, if I was on creep side, I'd like to put that group together and faceroll a bit... but, after 1 or 2 wins against each freep group, you guys should mix a bit... try some other builds and such. Same to freeps.

I'd like to see a warg pack there, for instance! Should be crazy!

Pillin
    Pulgozo
    Hypnotca
    Bane
    Clown
    Skmuzy

And so on... so groups don't need to be stuck. You can change groups and do some try-outs... =)

The real problem I see are the gankers.........

Population should do well, I guess... as long as none of the sides go full l33t group only.
    Make groups of greenies freeps (no aud) vs greenie-ish creeps... etc...
    And make this a whole day event (on that spot of the map, ofc), so ppl from different timezones can try it out too =)
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

One idea to help with setting up the fights could be using voice chat program. That way you can be in communication with the other group leaders to set up locations, and things of that nature. Will eliminate having to use pets and banners to relay messages and you will still have ingame voice chat to communicate with your group
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    What you think? Any interest?
    Thoughts?
    I wont be back to creepside much until U10 drops and freeps are OP again, until then Im on my hunter for most of my moors play (all 3 hours a week).

I wont gank 1v1's if I know its set up, I have no interest in participating in any coordinated activity with the freeps on the crickhollow server. If other creeps want to do that, thats cool they wont get any ridicule from me but I assume when you step out of GV that you accept the fact that you could be killed.

Make it a designated spot and make sure creepside knows so they broadcast it in OOC, Ill steer clear if I run a pack. Otherwise, no I wont go out of my way to help you enhance your play.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I have no interest in participating in any coordinated activity with the freeps on the crickhollow server.
    Who wants to touch those even, eeeew :P

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Sounds like fun,sign me in.
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Most people don't realize this area exist. Plain, no mobs around at all. Perfect spot for organized fights

Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

[QUOTE=Rashy;6666059]Most people don't realize this area exist. Plain, no mobs around at all. Perfect spot for organized fights

Fk no please. I already got lost in this area one night, was drunk too so I was like : 'Hey I got this &&&&, no need map'. Needless to say I was WRONG! OH and there are freaking wolves everywhere too. I'm out if we're doing it in the lost world.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!!

Sounds interesting on general principle... However, landscape fights with unspoken understanding is hard to find. Glad to find a 2v3 become 2v2 for a couple of fights a couple nights ago, before dispersing. Though, if one tries to incorporate 4v4 or more, might as well just try find more for proper 'chaotic' group fights on the landscape. Props if you can get 6v6 organized, but I got a hunch... Somebody's going to brand, which will let the ganking commence. It's happened before, no saying it won't happen again, unfortunately.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow