We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    Oh no, I played guild wars 2 as a ranger and pets are a pita. They nerf the rangers dps giving a lot to the pet but it doesn't work right and the ranger ends up being one of the worse classes in that game.
    Im sure turbine would make a better job of it but they are just a nuscience tbh.
    This. Precisely this.
    It was, in part, due to the fact that I really missed my LOTRO hunter that I left my GW2 ranger and came back.

I do not want the irritation of pet management, and I like being self-sufficient enough to not be reliant on assistance from a pet. Just no, no, no.

Categorically UNSIGNED
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

Flying lazer sharks for pets 2013!
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

The possibility of having a dog/other animals as a pet intrigues me, so let me start off by giving you a hearty congratulations on a well thought out idea.

While I think that in some respects this idea would be awesome, I also think that a pet does not really go well with the Hunter class, if he is traited blue-line/red-line. However, I think that if having a pet Hound/Hawk were reserved for only Trapper of Foes traited hunter (combine 2 of the traits that affect hunter traps and add a new one which allows you to summon a pet), then it would be a fantastic edition, and potentially go so far as making the Trapper of Foes traitline viable again.

Maybe even throw in some added buffs to the pet like +10% max morale/power and +20% Perceived Threat on the Trapper of Foes Capstone.

For "dps" hunters I think pets have no place, but for a yellow line...I can definitely see it's uses.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    The possibility of having a dog/other animals as a pet intrigues me, so let me start off by giving you a hearty congratulations on a well thought out idea.

While I think that in some respects this idea would be awesome, I also think that a pet does not really go well with the Hunter class, if he is traited blue-line/red-line. However, I think that if having a pet Hound/Hawk were reserved for only Trapper of Foes traited hunter (combine 2 of the traits that affect hunter traps and add a new one which allows you to summon a pet), then it would be a fantastic edition, and potentially go so far as making the Trapper of Foes traitline viable again.

Maybe even throw in some added buffs to the pet like +10% max morale/power and +20% Perceived Threat on the Trapper of Foes Capstone.

For "dps" hunters I think pets have no place, but for a yellow line...I can definitely see it's uses.
    Hmm... So you're saying a pet for a specific trait-line? So.. The pet would be a legendary cap stone for a traitline, or do you mean set to activate when it detects 4+ traits in the traitline?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Hmm... So you're saying a pet for a specific trait-line? So.. The pet would be a legendary cap stone for a traitline, or do you mean set to activate when it detects 4+ traits in the traitline?
    Yes it better off if it were just to be a revamp of Yellow line. In line hunters lose alot of the speed induction and high crit multiplier, but with the pet's debuffing to increase incoming damage, lower aggro, etc. then yes by all means put it in the yellow line because it'll make it more viable and a chose to weather go with a pet or solo.

I would rather not have it a cap stone, but a trait benefit from having 4 yellow traited and capstone benefits the pet like 2 dogs or lower CD of the pet's skills, etc. making the pet better and trait worth traiting.
    When you trait 4 yellow the dog well automatically appear after traiting.

Just my 2 cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    I was thinking combine two ToF traits (the ones affecting hunter traps which really ought to be combined anyway), then add a new class trait which allows you to use the skill. The legendary capstone would just be as an improvement to the pet.

However having the pet activate via someone being traited 2-deep/4-deep/etc. into the Trapper of Foes line would also be fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

I was thinking combine two ToF traits (the ones affecting hunter traps which really ought to be combined anyway), then add a new class trait which allows you to use the skill. The legendary capstone would just be as an improvement to the pet.

However having the pet activate via someone being traited 2-deep/4-deep/etc. into the Trapper of Foes line would also be fine.
    Andrag you have a Hunter eh?
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Nice work and thoughts. But I think that we dont really need a pet, i prefer hunter to have some skill tweaks and no need of a follower.

Also according to the Middle Earth lore, in my opinion hound wouldn't be fit well with free people races as it looks somewhat evil to me. Maybe a hawk or a wolf would fit better. But even then Hunters ussually hunt alone, Rangers are the ones who usually have companions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Andrag you have a Hunter eh?
    Ever since that First age bow dropped off a DoF mob, I found my true calling...

Hmm okay. For those of you who don't want a pet but still think it's a good idea, do you think you'd want any of the hounds skills (both active/passive) to be implemented to the hunter somehow?

I think this idea really works with any trait spec, I would like to have a dog in/game but definetly not feed him or cure him and a well trained one that stays behind you, not like skirmish soldier.

I sign this

I don't think it is a bad idea. A hound could certainly 'help' with hunting. If it were something that could provide a passive buff (hunter only, perhaps) similar to how the Raven gives tact mits it would be an interesting way of letting a hunter build to different strengths. For example, one type of hound could passively improve tracking/stealth detection and another could increase ICMR -- that would be a a novel way to increase surviviability, rather than the popular bubble solutions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ead20/signature.png]Hapili[/charsig]

Ever since that First age bow dropped off a DoF mob, I found my true calling...
    LOL, he is 85 yes?

1) Hunter class is based on Legolas

2) Legolas had no pet companion

3) Sure he had Gimli, but that's not the point

=> Not part of the lore, wont happen ... Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    LOL that's rude

Post Heres something

If you want them to know the idea, talk about this in the discussions chat. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    1) Hunter class is based on Legolas

2) Legolas had no pet companion

=> Not part of the lore, wont happen ... Sorry
    I'm gonna have to agree with this. Having a pet sounds like a lot of fun, but the Hunter class is based off of Legolas. And in LOTR Legolas didn't have any pets. Just not a part of the lore

Not Part of Lore

I agree with the general no pet, but being part of lore has little to do with it. Let's face it, Legolas didn't have a hobby horse, either.
    [COLOR=#008080][SIZE=3][B][FONT=book antiqua]Saeri[/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=book antiqua][B]Heir of Seawing
    Riders of Helm's Deep[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2