We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Call to all instance n00bs on Crickhollow! Please read.....

Hi All, I have a Lvl 40 Champ, L38 Hunter / L35 Minstrel & Burglar, and a L40 Rune Keeper. I am an instance/raid noob, and am sick of trying to get into an experienced groups that are willing to teach me the arts of instancing.

I am looking for other instance noobs who are willing to get together on a regular basis, and give some of these instances a go.

Failure may happen, and more than once, but as long as we're learning and helping each other, and having fun, then who cares?

The whole idea of this venture is to learn about how to run these things from trial and error.

If you're interested then please post your chars name, and I will add you as a friend in-game, and message you.

Check your egos at he dungeon doors, and lets get together, have some fun, and, eventually, get some loot!

Paiyaaaaaah!
    Crickhollow:- Grahbalzofire Hunkodezire - Minstrel / Flaffaherschmoot McMoot - Champion / Magixman - Rune-Keeper / Uberfingaz Krustinail - Burglar / Questador Saynomore - Hunter / Defribyoulater Beeyarches- Lore-Master / Shikinfatzingicoat - Warden

Thumbs up

I can understand where you're coming from, having been there before (the only difference is that my situation was pre-quest tracker, pre-lotro store, etc).

If given the opportunity to join a group for an instance, its great to mention that "Hey, I've not run this before" or "I've been in there/here, but I don't know the mechanics".

After saying something like that you 'would' expect that another gamer would be more than willing to help explain and make the instance a fun play. On the other hand, you may run into some people that are not as relaxed, have a bad attitude or a bad day overall - which leads to a quick ignore feature use.

I'm certain that there are some knowledgeable players on this server who will be reading your thread and reach out to you in-game. Crickhollow is an easy going gameplay server for the most part, unless you're out in the Ettenmoors

Character name is in my signature below

Hey, I'm kind of in the same boat as Clepto, having played LOTRO from the old days of the 50 cap. I know there are limited options when you're in the level range that you're in for instances. GB, GA and Fornost, along with some skirms are your only way to do things as a group. I can honestly say that you're doing it right, attitude-wise. A lot of these pre-Isengard instances are fun, challenging and most importantly, will help you learn your class's role in a group.

It's unfortunate that a lot of the level-capped players regard the ToO raids as the be-all-end-all of knowing your class, when to be honest, they are all hybrids of earlier raids and instances. I also think if people took the time to do things on-level, such as the Moria instances or even the Mirkwood cluster, they would be better players than ramming through them at 75, when a lot of the mechanics are covered up by superior DPS, meaning less is learned about strategy and class-play. I just about crapped myself when I led a group into SG after several months of being away from LOTRO and not worrying about fearing/mezzing adds and killing them when Gorothul's morale was at a certain level and just mindlessly dpsing him down. Likewise, The Vile Maw raid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't lose heart and try to get those instances going like you said you would in your post! You'll be a better player for having figured things out on your own or finding a good leader and following the steps and getting to know your role! Luckily, this server is fillled with good, friendly people. Good luck!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000715c0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Go for it Magix!

If you were on Arkenstone you'd be welcome to join us.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

well having read this thread i do wonder if new players that do give a dam about how they look to the more experienced "alt" runners will be put off by even trying, me personally am sort of in that boat, maybe in time i will but for the time being i feel it will be a case of "only with a kinship" lol

This attitude is not unique to LOTRO either which says a hell of a lot about gamers society today. But we will prevail!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002bb00f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I've just started playing here, I've been playing on Elendilmir since 08. The lowbie population is enormous in Crickhollow, I love it.

But in any case, I wanted to say that when approaching others to tell them that you don't know the instance, or just that you're not very experienced with stuff, "Friendliness is contagious." Smiles like =) )= or =p help a lot as well, trust me good moods always cheer people up. If people treat you badly after you are explicitly nice then your best bet is to leave the fellowship, most people like that are not going to be helpful.
    [SIZE=3]The Wobb family of characters[/SIZE]

I will join you anytime i can help.. Add me to your friends list .. I have several toons in similar levels as you and would be happy to show you some of the ropes of the instances

Have fun

the same as Bjorn said, anything u need just scream in glff ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000a240c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"I'm a monster, I'm a killer....I'm a problem that'll never ever be solved."

I can be said to be noobs in instances as well. I have almost soloed up to level 54 for my main.
    The server this time is quite lively. I have run the great barrow instances twice I couldnt do that in the past with my main.
    So I think u can easily find fellow to do instances this time. I suggest finding a kin to join, and ask the kinmate to do instance with u
    For your level, the options for instances are quite limited. I suggest u level up, to 50s, then go to angmar or moria to have fun there
    I am in the kin "red guard", and i see there are quite a number of player with similar level of 30-40. If u are interested, join it
    My main char is dender, level 59. I have only run instance in moria, so I'd love to go with u.
    However, my VIP account expired. I kept the instance, but im not sure i can gain deeds with it.
    Anyone can answer this for me?

well give me a hollar in glff userchatchannel. /joinchannel glff ask for jaydyn or traind.

i'm in the works of leveling alts and don't mind teaching anyone as long as their willing to listen.

been around a time or three and still haven't seen all the content in around 4 years of gameplay.

my normal monday through friday playtimes are approx 9:30 AM(EST) to about 3:00PM(EST)
    weekends i usually spend on my 75's but not always
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

Stay Stylin

The ugly truth is that for as much heartfelt warmth as is expressed in this thread, you're going to have a hard time finding competent people to group with.

All you can really do is soak it up and focus on your own gameplay....and learn to differentiate between good advice and bad advice.

You wouldn't believe the number of self-proclaimed "LotRO Veterans" who will tell you that 4 reds in an FM = AoE damage. Of course, eventually you check your combat logs and start mousing over mobs and you figure it out for yourself. Don't be afraid to test it out, then troll the &&&& out of them on GLFF for failing.

But the single most important thing you can do, especially when trying to group for on-level content is this :

Wear a kickass outfit.
    Everybody has stories. They bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpubber View Post
    The ugly truth is that for as much heartfelt warmth as is expressed in this thread, you're going to have a hard time finding competent people to group with.

All you can really do is soak it up and focus on your own gameplay....and learn to differentiate between good advice and bad advice.

You wouldn't believe the number of self-proclaimed "LotRO Veterans" who will tell you that 4 reds in an FM = AoE damage. Of course, eventually you check your combat logs and start mousing over mobs and you figure it out for yourself. Don't be afraid to test it out, then troll the &&&& out of them on GLFF for failing.

But the single most important thing you can do, especially when trying to group for on-level content is this :

Wear a kickass outfit.
    Hmm, I did believe that it did AOE. Learn something new every day. Of course I also believe that hitting any color other than blue or green is monumentally stupid, as you'll out-dps whatever effect the FM has unless you're in draigoch, and hitting blue or green is unnecessary unless the group really needs power or is about to die.

EDIT: Yes, find a kickass outfit. That is vital.
    EDIT2: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Mecha...ship_Maneuvers It appears red does do an aoe, but not at 4 red.
    Last edited by Draykfyre; Oct 02 2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Akhash - R6 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Draykfyre View Post
    Of course I also believe that hitting any color other than blue or green is monumentally stupid
    What if red is my favourite colour?
    [CENTER]Formeniel - 85 hunter | Tuljak - 85 captain | Laimire - 80 rune-keeper | Arahina - 85 warden
    [URL="http://www.formeniel.blogspot.com"]Adventure! - comics about LOTRO[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Formeniel View Post
    Then too bad! XD
    Akhash - R6 defiler

Thumbs up Touche

Good looking out! It's always good to be reminded that I'm still just another noob.
    Everybody has stories. They bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Draykfyre View Post
    Hmm, I did believe that it did AOE. Learn something new every day. Of course I also believe that hitting any color other than blue or green is monumentally stupid, as you'll out-dps whatever effect the FM has unless you're in draigoch, and hitting blue or green is unnecessary unless the group really needs power or is about to die.

EDIT: Yes, find a kickass outfit. That is vital.
    EDIT2: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Mecha...ship_Maneuvers It appears red does do an aoe, but not at 4 red.
    Honestly, who cares?

If you aren't using Chill of Bone every time, you aren't doing it right.
    Megabob

Quote Originally Posted by Formeniel View Post
    Then you're a communist and should be shunned by the community!
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagixMan View Post
    Hi All, I have a Lvl 40 Champ, L38 Hunter / L35 Minstrel & Burglar, and a L40 Rune Keeper. I am an instance/raid noob, and am sick of trying to get into an experienced groups that are willing to teach me the arts of instancing.

I am looking for other instance noobs who are willing to get together on a regular basis, and give some of these instances a go.

Failure may happen, and more than once, but as long as we're learning and helping each other, and having fun, then who cares?

The whole idea of this venture is to learn about how to run these things from trial and error.

If you're interested then please post your chars name, and I will add you as a friend in-game, and message you.

Check your egos at he dungeon doors, and lets get together, have some fun, and, eventually, get some loot!

Paiyaaaaaah!
    Ya I'll join my name is linchin lvl 7 elf hunter

Veteran N00b

I like to refer to myself as a veteran n00b. I have been playing since beta, 6 years running now. I have seen everything as its happened, and been everywhere......except for most raid areas. I played on silverlode from the beginning. After over 5 years of being on the server and being miserable because the community was non-existent I finally gave up and m oved to Crickhollow to start over. I found a great guild who helps me out with the raids and instances, and I am having more fun now than I ever had on my old server. I am always willing to help others, and I am damn sure willing to die to learn new things. If you need someone to raid with you, feel free to drop me a line. I probably wont know any more than you do, bvut I am willing to learn.

Tazzmission, 85 Hunter
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000bd0bc/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]