We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Fate

Fate

Hi all.

How much fate do you guys have now at 85? Currently I have 467, but my crit is at 6k (I've been told that's a tad low). Keeping in mind the coming changes, should add more fate? Fine as is?

I have a fate stat legacy on one of my LIs; could add one to other one I suppose...

If you want crit, get crit rating. Level 85 items with crit rating typically have 380/760 crit rating per piece. Even with the new 2.5 crit per fate in U10, that's the equivalent of 152/304 fate.

Mind you, this is not to say that you don't want fate - you primarily want fate for its ICPR. It's about 5.519 ICPR per point of fate. With 467 fate, you should gain about 1930 ICPR with the changes - however, this will have to make up for the fact that your power pool is reduced to 5525 or so. Power costs are also changing (mostly seem to be staying the same or going down for LMs), and the lower power pool means your drain power will generate less power per use.

On the whole, I'd say, try to keep your fate as is - it sounds like its in a decent place. If you want to get crit, look for items with more crit rating, but at the moment, getting more fate probably isn't necessary, even with U10 coming.

The beta power of knowledge drain is extremely low. We don't know if this is going to be adjusted or by how much. As it stands atm we may need a lot of fate to function as power battery for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Exebius View Post
    Hi all.

How much fate do you guys have now at 85? Currently I have 467, but my crit is at 6k (I've been told that's a tad low). Keeping in mind the coming changes, should add more fate? Fine as is?

I have a fate stat legacy on one of my LIs; could add one to other one I suppose...
    Basic problem. They took Fate out of the equation pretty much in all gear and jewelry with update 9. So, now we have very little. When Update 10 comes out, it is the new "cool" spec to need, want, have.

Wanted to add that I was also around 400+, but started to go higher in Will and now have much less Fate. In solo play I don't run out of power and last night did a few 6 Man Dungeons of Dol Goulder (sp, sorry) and didn't run out of Power. I came close a couple of times dishing out Power, but nothing like it was a year ago...I have always fretted about the stat levels, but if you are getting the job done easily, don't worry too much about individual numbers, and actually try to reduce Fate to up your Will.

Some how the game is being very generous to us LMs, for now (!).

My loremaster is 50 and I have 429

I have just over 400 fate.

I did a little testing on BR with power-share and drain last week. I forgot to save my parses, but my impressions are similar to those mentioned by Moebius and others. Overall, I didn't feel any major difference or any source of concern. For fights like the BG Lieutenant where power-shortages are part of the mechanic, it might be helpful to have set of icpr/fate-oriented gear.

Of course, everything is changing so it remains to be seen what will really be needed. Then, there's the upcoming "skill pruning" and "major" overhaul of all classes. Seems like the best thing to do right now is just play for fun and gather random items with fate on it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Just a quick follow up question for you guys on bullroarer; have any of our armor sets been modified to include more fate?