We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thunder From Down Under

Grats Shadowthol on rank 10. Long time coming and is a solid achievement for somebody who mostly plays Australian prime time. Congrats to a great player.
    [B] @2 [/B]

Major congrats friend Moooar
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001c1d9e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [b]Embaer 85 Cappy | Emiele 85 Hunter | Emiliah 79 Guard | Rickastley[/b]

Gratz dawg!
    Balaric/Bojangle/Orkgasm/Urf/Spyderpig

Grats Shadow!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003e146/signature.png]Eldreith[/charsig]

Gratz to the original HealerTank
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

Grats Shadow!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

Grats Shadow! Remember guys, if you have killed shadow, it was one of two things, he was either lagging out, or he was afk.
    Last edited by Vinirefacias; Feb 14 2013 at 06:16 PM.

congrats shadow!
    [CENTER][FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"]Eskemo[/URL] R11 Rune Keeper - Eskeho R6 Minstrel - Canturi R7 Champion - Tissues R8 Captain
    Larcenist-1 R5 Burglar - Ethiniel R6 Loremaster - Frequency R6 Hunter - Flicks R6 Burglar
    Eskimono R5 Warden - Butterfree R6 Guardian - Bushpiglet R5 Warg
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[/CENTER]

Isn't shadow the dude who boxes for rank? In any case, grats
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    no345
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Errr no easy way to saying this but suge e omedetō, Hope you done well

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I Box Ba's and Hunters, but have never farmed for any rank.
    |Gladden|

Grats to you, Shadow!! <3
    ~ Nirrti-1 - R11 Min ~ Morwendiel R7 LM ~ Rhodri-1 R7 champ ~ Skreemer R8 WL ~ Extenze R10 BA ~

Quote Originally Posted by chubbz280291 View Post
    I Box Ba's and Hunters, but have never farmed for any rank.

Boxing and farming aren't mutually exclusive of each other, as i've said previously.

Boxing=rank farming on the toons that are being boxed with, that's irrefutable.

Additionally though, the net rewards of boxing "trickle down" to every other toon on those accounts in the form of comms, $, gear, etc., thus rewarding all, and giving those toons a greatly assisted hand in gearing and thus ranking.

For instance....said player "mostly" pve boxes in the moors. Not rank farming technically for main toon(s), yes.
    Now you use the accelerated rewards from boxing, in this case we'll say comms, to gear out your main(s) much faster than is otherwise possible. Then you take your main out and pvp with your ill-gotten gear, making the gains and accomplishments of said "main" toon(s), that directly benefitted from boxing, become suspect and questioned.

And this argument doesn't even address the instances when boxers are actively killing opposing players, which is EVERY kind of farming...no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Without naming names, I seem to recall being killed by a boxing BA (hmmm) in HH during the lame-o feeding frenzy for lootboxes (ie: Mord Brand), even though I did not attack said BAs.

Doesn't matter if you say you're growing corn or cabbage, that's farming at it's worst.

That concludes this public service announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Boxing and farming aren't mutually exclusive of each other, as i've said previously.

Boxing=rank farming on the toons that are being boxed with, that's irrefutable.

Additionally though, the net rewards of boxing "trickle down" to every other toon on those accounts in the form of comms, $, gear, etc., thus rewarding all, and giving those toons a greatly assisted hand in gearing and thus ranking.

For instance....said player "mostly" pve boxes in the moors. Not rank farming technically for main toon(s), yes.
    Now you use the accelerated rewards from boxing, in this case we'll say comms, to gear out your main(s) much faster than is otherwise possible. Then you take your main out and pvp with your ill-gotten gear, making the gains and accomplishments of said "main" toon(s), that directly benefitted from boxing, become suspect and questioned.

And this argument doesn't even address the instances when boxers are actively killing opposing players, which is EVERY kind of farming...no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Without naming names, I seem to recall being killed by a boxing BA (hmmm) in HH during the lame-o feeding frenzy for lootboxes (ie: Mord Brand), even though I did not attack said BAs.

Doesn't matter if you say you're growing corn or cabbage, that's farming at it's worst.

That concludes this public service announcement.
    You run around with lotro store buffs that aren't necessarily available to other players, just like boxing isn't necessarily available to other players. This gives you an unfair advantage over the general populace just like boxing does. Therefore based on what you've said Althorr = boxer = farmer = ruins the games = delete your toons for the betterment of the server.
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    You run around with lotro store buffs that aren't necessarily available to other players, just like boxing isn't necessarily available to other players. This gives you an unfair advantage over the general populace just like boxing does. Therefore based on what you've said Althorr = boxer = farmer = ruins the games = delete your toons for the betterment of the server.

First of all, if I deleted my toons, Gladden, and the moors, would be a much sadder and lonlier part of Middle Earth. You know this.

And to the rest, yeah, I spend TP in the store, moreso than some i'm sure, and I expect and accept a certain amount of grief for that.

But the store, TP, and everything I buy ARE available to everyone, creeps included, except for certain class or charecter specific items. Everyone has the EXACT same access as me, but that wasn't really my argument as much as it is yours.

To compare using the store, which almost everyone has or does, with multiboxing, which less than 1% of the population has or does, is a silly stretch at the very least.

And i'm not saying Shadowthol is bad peeps or a bad player, or is ruining the game and should delete, and neither do I think that of you for boxing. Quite the contrary; you're both very good players, and I enjoy playing with both of you.

I was just pointing out a correlation that many see between boxing and cheating, and just as I accept the grief for using the store, though it's a little unfounded, so too should peeps accept the grief that comes from multiboxing.

And lest I forget, gratz on rank Shadow

First of all, if I deleted my toons, Gladden, and the moors, would be a much sadder and lonlier part of Middle Earth. You know this.

And to the rest, yeah, I spend TP in the store, moreso than some i'm sure, and I expect and accept a certain amount of grief for that.

But the store, TP, and everything I buy ARE available to everyone, creeps included, except for certain class or charecter specific items. Everyone has the EXACT same access as me, but that wasn't really my argument as much as it is yours.

To compare using the store, which almost everyone has or does, with multiboxing, which less than 1% of the population has or does, is a silly stretch at the very least.

And i'm not saying Shadowthol is bad peeps or a bad player, or is ruining the game and should delete, and neither do I think that of you for boxing. Quite the contrary; you're both very good players, and I enjoy playing with both of you.

I was just pointing out a correlation that many see between boxing and cheating, and just as I accept the grief for using the store, though it's a little unfounded, so too should peeps accept the grief that comes from multiboxing.

And lest I forget, gratz on rank Shadow
    Stuff on the LOTRO store isn't available to everyone. Some people don't have the tp. Just like multi boxing isn't available to everyone because they don't have the hardware. Everyone can multibox just like everyone can use the lotro store. It's a matter of choice or if they want to shell out the cash.
    [/CENTER]

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Althorion again."
    Trait trees have ruined the game

I was just pointing out a correlation that many see between boxing and cheating
    A grats thread is a perfect place for that...

And i'm not saying Shadowthol is bad peeps or a bad player
    Luckily you clarified that, from what I've seen of your play-style you aren't in a great position to judge a good or bad player. The way you rely on consumables to cover for a lack of skill is unmatched.
    [B] @2 [/B]

Last i'm going to post here....

Stuff on the LOTRO store isn't available to everyone.

My bad!! I had completely forgot that they discriminate against peeps from Austrailia.

And Texas.

.....Everyone can multibox just like everyone can use the lotro store.

I'm just going to quote myself here since you seem to have a hard time grasping my argument, which is MUCH more valid than yours....

.....To compare using the store, which almost everyone has or does, with multiboxing, which less than 1% of the population has or does, is a silly stretch at the very least......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by vartsyak View Post
    A grats thread is a perfect place for that...

I didn't bring it up, I just wanted to provide some clarity on the multiboxing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vartsyak View Post
    Luckily you clarified that, from what I've seen of your play-style you aren't in a great position to judge a good or bad player. The way you rely on consumables to cover for a lack of skill is unmatched.

Ouch!! You almost wound me! Lololol

Luckily for me m8, the opinions of someone who plays nothing but OP classes to cover for a lack of skill, doesn't rate too high on my give a crud list.