We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Great Barrows quest (not instance) won't let me in.

I have a quest to collect chalices in the Great Barrows. I also have instances that start from the Great Barrows and have completed the first one. The second and third ones require a fellowship as there are too many bad guys to take on at once. I want to get into the Great Barrows for the collect chalices but when I try to enter it keeps throwing up the instance launcher. How do I get into the Barrows for the quest?
    Irming Silvertree

That quest is inside the instance and chalices are in all three instances I believe. Also you can tell if a quest is a fellowship quest
    by the icon in the quest log.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000010307d/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by IrmingSilvertree View Post
    I want to get into the Great Barrows for the collect chalices but when I try to enter it keeps throwing up the instance launcher. How do I get into the Barrows for the quest?
    Great Barrows is your first Instance Finder content. You need to have a full group. If you are in Bree, you will often find folks looking for fellowship for "GB", which is this instance cluster. There are 3 instances in the cluster.

When you go to the instance entrance, it is asking you which instance you want to enter. You have to do the first two before you can do the third and face the big boss (which is why it is grey and unselectable).

So you need to get into a fellowship of 5 other players in order to get into Great Barrows and do those quests. When you do, you'll also get other quests within the instance which are well worth doing. You'll learn how to use your class skills differently, to benefit a group instead of just yourself.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

So the quest which comes from one of the guys camping out at the edge of the old forest has to be completed by going into one of the fellowship instances? That seems .... awkward. If I had known that I wouldn't have done Tom Bombadil's first instance into the Great Barrows. The quest mission text doesn't say that it should be done as part of an instance run but seems to say that you just can go into the Great Barrow. I will try and recruit my wife to help out my Runekeeper on this.
    Irming Silvertree

If you look in your quest log it will show you if the quest is solo, small fellowship, or fellowship by a little icon under the name of the quest. When you are given the option to accept a quest it will show you the same icon, in the top left I believe.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000010307d/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by IrmingSilvertree View Post
    So the quest which comes from one of the guys camping out at the edge of the old forest has to be completed by going into one of the fellowship instances? That seems .... awkward. If I had known that I wouldn't have done Tom Bombadil's first instance into the Great Barrows. The quest mission text doesn't say that it should be done as part of an instance run but seems to say that you just can go into the Great Barrow. I will try and recruit my wife to help out my Runekeeper on this.
    The Quest involving Tom Bombadil is an epic storyline quest, which is meant to be soloable. Although it takes place in a similar space, this is completely separate to the actual instances and associated content and quests.

The Great Barrows instances are meant for a full fellowship however (6-man)
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]