We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freeps VS Creeps Collective thoughts from Crickhollow

Made this thread so those that have been in the Moors on Bullroarer can discuss the changes and how they've affected them or the moors in general in their opinion.

SO far for me, Minstrels are harder than ever for me to kill. I've only fought a couple (Harry, Medyk, Dafney, couple others I can't remember) (I usually lose anyways) and they are going to be harder than ever to kill with there TacMit + ICPR. Fought a mini today geared out with 1700 Will 1100 Fate with 40% Tact Mit. She had 2 Braclets Of Horselords, The new Horse Lord Pocket, Had upgraded ToO Neck, 2x Embellished Earring Of False Lord, and Moors Rings. Also had the Gold Mini shield and 2 1st Agers. Needless to say I could stand there and beat on her all day like a training dummy....I could not drain her power AT ALL, She could just heal straight through me.

Usually I try to drain power, kite, and surivive. Throw dots and just try to eat power. With the new changes to fate that completely renders Spider Power Drains useless. Mini had 6.5k ICPR My Hunter with only 400 Fate has 3k ICPR which I think is far too high.

It's hard to gauge how it's truly going to be with everyone running around with Maxed 1st Agers and all the uber gear and whatnot but my initial thoughts are that I think there will be a power shift. Especially on Crick.The biggest thing it will depend on is Numbers. If we have a lot of Creeps flip Freepside to EZ-Mode then the same gripes we will have now will carry over. To many Freeps, not enough Creeps. Zerg Zerg Zerg..Blah Blah Blah.

Please post all Gripes, Concerns, Thoughts, Ideas, ANYTHING you have from your experiences from PvMP on Bullroarer. So far personally I've enjoyed it even though it's been nothing but 1v1 Circles and random Zerg groups Zerging solo players.
    High Treason

|Cuath R11 Captain|
    |Original Challenger of Gothmog|

Freep side still won't be EZ-mode. Creeps have way more dps than they used to, they still have high morale and all of them have some type of CC now.

Mini's will definately be loving the new changes, as will LMs and RKs. Going to be scary when everyone works out exactly how much dps/morale/crit/and resist they can stack whilst still achieving that 40% tact mit. Myself I think I will trade off some for more finesse, I've been losing way too many fights because of 4 resists in a row,

1v1s will be more even. I think Mini's will be put back on top of the food chain, good LMs could start really giving it to creeps soon to. But in saying that a good creep player will win against the majority of the people on the server.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

spiders against tatical are very bad, spiders only are good against cappys and guardians... if you fight a good champ or Burg you are dead as a spider.

mini gold shield is good for healing noting more. and 4.7dps for a 1age isnt OP.

minis are trash!!
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Trying to kill a tactical class will be like trying to date Ms. Universe, no matter how good you think you are, it's not gonna happen.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Derpon View Post
    Trying to kill a tactical class will be like trying to date Ms. Universe, no matter how good you think you are, it's not gonna happen.
    Are you having problems to kill RKs in RoR?
    I mean soloers, not the healish kind.

Have any ranked reaver sparred RKs in BR?
    What was the result?

I think minstrels and LMs will receive a big boost, specially minstrels, but not so big for RKs.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    Most of RKs in here set up for healing these days. Not to many solo players.

I think minstrels and LMs will receive a big boost, specially minstrels, but not so big for RKs.
    Being rewarded with extra mits from building Damage isn't something I would agree on PVP. But then, I'm no RK player, so I don't really know how big of a boost it was.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    Especially on Crick.The biggest thing it will depend on is Numbers. If we have a lot of Creeps flip Freepside to EZ-Mode then the same gripes we will have now will carry over. To many Freeps, not enough Creeps. Zerg Zerg Zerg..Blah Blah Blah.
    ^ The prophecy....
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

Whatever happens... you will still have hunters to fall back on for snacks.

I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

Have any ranked reaver sparred RKs in BR?
    What was the result?

I've had some good 1v1s on BR on my rk, still with subpar gear too. Didn't worry about crafting the first age and only had the crafted jewellery.

The result was still a huuuuuge change for the rk. I blasted a few WLs apart, but these were clearly not players that regularly played WL. They didn't spam their stun enough or heal enough. Maybe RK dps will be enough to take out WLs 1v1 again, but I doubt it. The spam stun gives them too much time to heal up.

Against reavers, I lost 1 or 2 out of about 15 fights. Didn't fight any reavers that I thought were great reavers though. I did make sure I had my wound shield up, was fooded right up and had do not fall to flame ready to go against these guys though. The extra tact mit and the high resistance I had made a huge difference. A reaver still has the upperhand, but the gap is way way closer now. So close that lucky crits should have us winning fights again.

Against spiders they had to pop reflect to beat me, which in my books is a victory.

Wargs, in 1v1s I didn't lose to any. I did lose to 1 guy twice though on my generic made rk that had less morale/damage/mits then he should have at the time. That warg knocked me off my horse which always generates a 3s stun lag, he'd also pre-potted and branded for the two fights. Still they were close fights.

Didn't have a chance to fight a defiler.

-------

The difference to will using classes is noticeable Trahai, even in rvr I still think the difference will be noticeable.

With my current build I would roll out with 13% more tact mitigation, 11% more damage, 12% more morale and had 5% more resistance. Add them all up and just that is a big difference. Once I get new gear though, all of those numbers will go up because I can trade off tact mit virtues for morale/resistance. I've never thought the RK was a broken class even though I lost so many 1v1s. It was just our gear sucked, with better stats we should be beastly again.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by scratz View Post
    spiders against tatical are very bad, spiders only are good against cappys and guardians... if you fight a good champ or Burg you are dead as a spider.

mini gold shield is good for healing noting more. and 4.7dps for a 1age isnt OP.

minis are trash!!
    Id love to see a burg or champ kill me. Spiders are op as hell unless they got nerfed hard you wud have to be a fail spider to lose especially to a burg no matter how good he/she is.

If im wrong in saying this due to updates or w/e please let me know, and why/how, but afaik the only things that can kill a well played spider are spam healing minstrels shield wardens and pigeon

~slyco
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21601000008ac74/signature.png]Slyco[/charsig]
    Glorahealz~R9 Filer~Elendilmir// Gloraburz~R7 Warg~DD// Lugoburz~R7 BA~DD// Overthere~R6 WL~DD

i have done a few 1vs1 at BW against lots of champs and highrank, and if they do a good rotation he can kill me with full morale.
    burgs are much more easy but atm one kill me at BW on spider r8. but spider vs champ, champ won all the time and that new hot helps alot too
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

From the workups I have done, the U10 PvP Hunter will be much the same as experienced pre U10.

There are some improvements with the battle field promotions, however they are offset to a large degree by a drop in agility and critical levels, supposedly to be replaced by fate. Currently no gear is about that gives much in the way of Fate to compensate, even if in doing so it just serves to reduce Vitality and thus further lower our survivability.

I am looking forward to see what new jewellery and armour will be available for the moors Hunter, as this will have a large impact on the continued “viability” of this already limited class in the moors.

From my perspective at this time It’s a Meh update. Given on one hand and taken back in the other.

I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

Quote Originally Posted by eliteunit View Post
    Id love to see a burg or champ kill me. Spiders are op as hell unless they got nerfed hard you wud have to be a fail spider to lose especially to a burg no matter how good he/she is.

If im wrong in saying this due to updates or w/e please let me know, and why/how, but afaik the only things that can kill a well played spider are spam healing minstrels shield wardens and pigeon

~slyco
    Nah, champs can beat them too, not without popping cds tho. Can actually trait to make it pretty ez

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    ^ The prophecy....
    The reality. There is a sad misconception that the current state of the moors is more then numeric superiority. Creeps morale boost and defensive mits are a legit gripe but the best creeps in the world cant withstand target DPS from freeps.

There is a 30K R14 WL (maybe durtz is 13) on riddermark and hes about the toughest thing ive seen in the moors. We've brought him down a few times even with defiler heals on him. I hear all sorts of things via my imagined fame from the forums, from what I hear (could be wrong mind you) freeps are getting boosted and things should even out a bit. They arent getting anything near what creeps got at RoR, but regardless of buffs....

If your facing a red (or blue map) and 2-1 odds your going to loose most of the time in U10. Still to be determined if all the p2w spiders flip back to their freeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    My Hunter with only 400 Fate has 3k ICPR which I think is far too high.
    Amazing....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    There is a 30K R14 WL (maybe durtz is 13) on riddermark and hes about the toughest thing ive seen in the moors. We've brought him down a few times even with defiler heals on him.
    30k sounds far from being hardas a rock build, morale stacing only means there's more to melt rather than take less dmg
    I kinda agree about the flippers, but we'll see what happens
    didn't you say you were bored? :P

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    Amazing....
    Sarcasam?
    High Treason

|Cuath R11 Captain|
    |Original Challenger of Gothmog|

[URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    There is a 30K R14 WL (maybe durtz is 13) on riddermark and hes about the toughest thing ive seen in the moors.
    If that^ is the toughest thing on Riddermark...imma transfer my hunter there cuz that place must be easy renown lol. Stacking morale like thor said is just more to melt through..if i go all morale traits my max is 28-29k but i melt in like 5-7s if i get stunned..if i pop a brand i might last 10-20s using all my big heals...but i guess it also depends on the size of the freep group..if its like 12+ im not gonna last long morale traited even if i dont get stunned...right now im all mit traited with 21k and i can handle 12+ freeps smacking me down even if i get stunned...only way ill die is if i mess up my rotations and use the wrong heal or what not......and i do that a lot
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

If that^ is the toughest thing on Riddermark...imma transfer my hunter there cuz that place must be easy renown lol. Stacking morale like thor said is just more to melt through..if i go all morale traits my max is 28-29k but i melt in like 5-7s if i get stunned..if i pop a brand i might last 10-20s using all my big heals...but i guess it also depends on the size of the freep group..if its like 12+ im not gonna last long morale traited even if i dont get stunned...right now im all mit traited with 21k and i can handle 12+ freeps smacking me down even if i get stunned...only way ill die is if i mess up my rotations and use the wrong heal or what not......and i do that a lot
    Go.Away.

You do not play on Crickhollow, so don't use the Crickhollow Moors forums. Thank you!!!!!
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a rank 14 WL will get 28k morale using protection aura w/o stacking rank 1 morale corruptions.
    Last edited by Rashy; Feb 13 2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    30k sounds far from being hardas a rock build, morale stacing only means there's more to melt rather than take less dmg
    I kinda agree about the flippers, but we'll see what happens
    didn't you say you were bored? :P
    An R14 WL with 30K morale isnt a joke, but perhaps your standards are different from mine.

boredom comes and goes, but the value of a random person on the internet validating anything I might say continues to pull me back time and again. I'll never truly go away, even if the name disappears the spirit will always linger.

"Where's that confounded bridge?" (Robert Plant)

Go &&&& yourself.