We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 651
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,167
    /signed

    Needs
    to
    Stop!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000d8ec/01003/signature.png]Mrkaco[/charsig]

  2. #202
    Turbine, it's time to wake up



    All this exploiting, farming, etc, all this ruins the game to the people that truly enjoy this game. This expansion is a tremendous letdown in all those points, but this thread is just for pvp. It's not about freedom, you're rewarding condemnable acts and acting like they are not an issue, or that they have nothing to do with you. Don't offend the players, don't offend this franchise, do what's right and what's fair.

    Money can buy much, but can't buy honour, dignity and respect. Think less about your pockets, and more about how the players truly feel.

    /signed with the force of a thousand suns.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    452
    Turbine you better open your eyes soon, or you're gonna lose a lot of money.

    /Signed

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    AFK in Dol Amroth
    Posts
    810
    /signed

  5. #205
    /signed

  6. #206
    Totally agree guys,it's shameful for players who have worked really hard to achieve their rank and create a reputation in pvp to be treated like trash(esp freeps who pay these so called developers).Unfortunately,dont expect any reason from turbine,because from my experience turbine breaks the ok things and doesn't fix things that need it.Even worse,in the new update(u10)we will see a whole new horde of farmers(they supported it even more with those BP'S)and most creeps will just walk away because they will feel deceived and stupid that 1 freep came and achieved in 1 week or month what they achieved in years.For my part tho,i dont give a damn about what's gonna happen,i am proud of myself bec i achieved what i dreamt of for years and and still learning new things and trying to be even better at pvp(dont really care about my freep)///////////So to sum up you have my full support and i hope things will get better.........Saenanthra,one of the spiders.........////SIGNED

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Saenanthra View Post
    Even worse,in the new update(u10)we will see a whole new horde of farmers(they supported it even more with those BP'S)and most creeps will just walk away because they will feel deceived and stupid that 1 freep came and achieved in 1 week or month what they achieved in years.
    This already happened, and it was the reason so many veteran pvp'ers left lotro with no wish for coming back. And no not through clubbing. There were people (especially creep healers) that played for over 3 years or more to get r11-12-13, and with one stupid change in the ranking system we see spiders/defilers/WL's hiding behind 40 other creeps every day all day reaching to r12 in one or two months. Tell me how this is not a mocking right in the face of all the veteran pvp'ers?

  8. #208

    Unhappy how could they stop it?

    Theres no way for them to stop clubbing. you can find some creeps and freeps going around solo and see them fighting and asume its clubbing. Unless you can name known clubbers to be able to ban their acct from moors, you cant stop clubbing... It sucks but its true.
    /signed

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by 116_for_days View Post
    Theres no way for them to stop clubbing. you can find some creeps and freeps going around solo and see them fighting and asume its clubbing. Unless you can name known clubbers to be able to ban their acct from moors, you cant stop clubbing... It sucks but its true.
    /signed
    First of all, the issue at hand is people clubbing at such an alarming rate that their renown or infamy gains are obviously out of sync with the rest of the server.

    Secondly, yes they most certainly can stop clubbing even with resources just provided by their own website. The my.lotro.com character search option allows you to see recent activities of people, including but not limited to, seeing the dates people have ranked up, and seeing how quickly they`ve finished ettenmoors deeds.

    Now the above alone may not be entirely enough to accurately gauge clubbing or not, but when you see peoples activity and it indicates they've gone from rank 10 to rank 13 in less than a month, there's really only one certain conclusion to be drawn from such evidence (and I can tell you I`ve personally seen peoples' activity that mirrors this description).

    While yes it may be just a game, and rank doesn't indicate skill, rather just experience, it's clear there are enough people opposed to farming that I believe turbine owes it to their paying customers to address an issue which seems (at least from the evidence in this, and similar threads) to be a largely one-sided issue, at the very least. Our game developers need to be talking with more players rather than simply ignoring a big concern that seems to be shared by a large portion of the community.

  10. #210
    I really can't understand one thing. They ban people for exploiting pve side to gain some items (like unfamous Sword Hall chests) but do nothing about people do SAME thing in ettenmoors. Some people come to EM and farm this freevers to gain certain items like cappy banner,or pvp set for pve purposes. That exacly same situation like exploit some pve content.
    TURBINE!!! Eitcher ban clubbers or just make r0 creeps/freeps dont give any inf/renown. Since there should be no glory to slaughter something what not even hit back.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    I really can't understand one thing. They ban people for exploiting pve side to gain some items (like unfamous Sword Hall chests) but do nothing about people do SAME thing in ettenmoors.
    This is one of the things that has always amused me the most.

    You get banned for cheating a game engine, which sucks, but you are only cheating yourself. You don't get banned for cheating against other players.

    Figure that one. Always amused me. Exploits are easily defined. Easily acted on, but they care more about what someone beating their pet program than abusing other customers :P

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,860
    Why can't people just play like there's no rewards.


    Having spent more than a handful of weeks away from anything lotro related, I can honestly tell any of you that any sense of competition you think you have in this game is simply you trying to fill in the gaping hole. The leader-board(s) exist out of sentimentality only. The only competition that actually exists is in the active play.


    I have 5% more stats than someone because of my rank which makes less than 2% overall difference in actual effect. Oooo, I'm a badass now.

    That false hope is what makes this thing pathological my friends.
    Last edited by Untg99; Feb 12 2013 at 07:47 AM.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    246
    /signed as well
    [I][B]I refuse to have a battle of wits with an un-armed person...[/B][/I]

    My blog with all my writings can be read [URL="http://aschesnuk.wordpress.com/"]here[/URL].

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Supply and demand. The basis on which every company operates.

    There is demand for rules against exploiting. There is no supply of these rules.

    Turbine, your logic is questionable.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Why can't people just play like there's no rewards.


    Having spent more than a handful of weeks away from anything lotro related, I can honestly tell any of you that any sense of competition you think you have in this game is simply you trying to fill in the gaping hole. The leader-board(s) exist out of sentimentality only. The only competition that actually exists is in the active play.


    I have 5% more stats than someone because of my rank which makes less than 2% overall difference in actual effect. Oooo, I'm a badass now.

    That false hope is what makes this thing pathological my friends.
    In a way i sorta get what your a trying to say....but then even I can look at your signature, and see that even you in your own way care about rank....mainly the part that says "First rank 10 & 11 warden for the windfola server"....Now Imagine that every other warden on your server besides you decided to farm rank...how would that make you feel?

  16. #216
    It is obvious that most of the posters here want Turbine to do something to stop this particular activity, many have the same reasons, however the individual reasons don't really matter. The fact that the ones affected feel like they are being slapped in the face and told to sit down and be quiet.

    A statement was made about a creep making a bunch of free account freeps and clubbing/farming them, maybe that would get Turbine's attention. I'm sorry but from what I understand F2P accounts can not bring a freep out to the moors, they can only make a creep.

    Also, since as stated Turbine has allowed it to happen, they can't really go back and punish those who were doing what Turbine has said is ok. However, Turbine can announce a policy change, and declare the activity a punishable and reportable offense after a certain date, and then punish in whatever way seems fair those who violate this new policy once in effect.

  17. #217
    /Signed also

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezz View Post
    In a way i sorta get what your a trying to say....but then even I can look at your signature, and see that even you in your own way care about rank....mainly the part that says "First rank 10 & 11 warden for the windfola server"....Now Imagine that every other warden on your server besides you decided to farm rank...how would that make you feel?
    It's been done. Shortly before I quit, a warden who used to be on windfola with me farmed from rank 9 to rank 12 in about 2 weeks, overtaking me and three others in a matter of days.

    I was kind of annoyed, but I learnt not to care, and looking back, the fact that I cared at all was very silly.



    I got called a clubber and farmer doing 1v1's with people I didn't know, simply because they wanted to keep 1v1ing me at a 1v1 circle, despite losing in most odds. Even some fights I lost the majority of the time still caused accusations from what was seemingly a select few.

    Was my preferred playstyle unethical (lololol)?

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Supply and demand. The basis on which every company operates.

    There is demand for rules against exploiting. There is no supply of these rules.

    Turbine, your logic is questionable.
    Farming earns them money. Farming Creeps doesn't, but farming Freeps does. Turbine can't ban one without banning the other.

    I think the problem is that the outrage over farming is strong in words, but not in action. The playerbase is probably growing (looking at the number of people joining the game per week). People are still buying TP and subscribing. Hardly anyone has quit the game due to farming.

    Threads like these are great, this thread especially considering it has went on for so long (compared to the other threads). So many people from all servers are pissed off; if the outrage becomes even more vocal, and if we can get the attention of some mmo websites, maybe Turbine will bother addressing this issue. They wouldn't like negative publicity.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunt123 View Post
    Farming earns them money. Farming Creeps doesn't, but farming Freeps does. Turbine can't ban one without banning the other.

    I think the problem is that the outrage over farming is strong in words, but not in action. The playerbase is probably growing (looking at the number of people joining the game per week). People are still buying TP and subscribing. Hardly anyone has quit the game due to farming.

    Threads like these are great, this thread especially considering it has went on for so long (compared to the other threads). So many people from all servers are pissed off; if the outrage becomes even more vocal, and if we can get the attention of some mmo websites, maybe Turbine will bother addressing this issue. They wouldn't like negative publicity.
    And to make this true, that is, to attract the attention of other third-parties, we have to make this thread as long as possible, filled with complaints. The community can make it happen, and even if this thread is locked down, more and more will emerge.

    ./signed

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    139
    While i agree with most of the people that have posted in this thread, the community needs action not words.
    If you want Turbine to take any notice whatsoever, un-subbing is the key, type thousands of words, no turbine employee will bat an eyelid. Turbine loosing thousands of dollars on the other hand may wake them up a little.
    I myself have recently unsubbed, and suggest if you really give a **** you will too. They care about profit not endless walls of text.
    I understand most players want the change but seriously, how many of you would un-sub to make a stand?
    Money talks BS walks.

    ./signed anyway

    Peace out.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy1973 View Post
    While i agree with most of the people that have posted in this thread, the community needs action not words.
    If you want Turbine to take any notice whatsoever, un-subbing is the key, type thousands of words, no turbine employee will bat an eyelid. Turbine loosing thousands of dollars on the other hand may wake them up a little.
    I myself have recently unsubbed, and suggest if you really give a **** you will too. They care about profit not endless walls of text.
    I understand most players want the change but seriously, how many of you would un-sub to make a stand?
    Money talks BS walks.

    ./signed anyway

    Peace out.
    I unsubbed a long time ago. What I get is not worth a monthly subscription.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy1973 View Post
    While i agree with most of the people that have posted in this thread, the community needs action not words.
    If you want Turbine to take any notice whatsoever, un-subbing is the key, type thousands of words, no turbine employee will bat an eyelid. Turbine loosing thousands of dollars on the other hand may wake them up a little.
    I myself have recently unsubbed, and suggest if you really give a **** you will too. They care about profit not endless walls of text.
    I understand most players want the change but seriously, how many of you would un-sub to make a stand?
    Money talks BS walks.

    ./signed anyway

    Peace out.
    + Rep. I haven't been subbing since a very long time due to their lame policies and such.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy1973 View Post
    While i agree with most of the people that have posted in this thread, the community needs action not words.
    If you want Turbine to take any notice whatsoever, un-subbing is the key, type thousands of words, no turbine employee will bat an eyelid. Turbine loosing thousands of dollars on the other hand may wake them up a little.
    I myself have recently unsubbed, and suggest if you really give a **** you will too. They care about profit not endless walls of text.
    I understand most players want the change but seriously, how many of you would un-sub to make a stand?
    Money talks BS walks.

    ./signed anyway

    Peace out.
    As of today I'm premium as well. Let Turbine grab their &&&& together.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    68

    Thumbs up

    Farming forum reputation is offence against Community Guidelines, thus asking Turbine to make clubbing offence as well, is just asking them to be consistent with their policies.

 

 
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload