We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Your mouth is not suitably stained with red pigmented juices. I would perhaps advise picking more cherries from my apple trees in future before you squeal with such excitement.

I.E. Good to see you didn't blow over any points I was trying to make or anything silly like that.
    You have gone to the effort of composing a suitable poetic piece, laced with sarcasm and sardonicism. Your intellectualism is something that could be considered impressive.

It seems odd that one would put such effort into a post. After all, ''it's only a game''.

I like taking the game seriously. It makes it funner, like a football game, but not overboard, like, cheating
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    You have gone to the effort of composing a suitable poetic piece, laced with sarcasm and sardonicism. Your intellectualism is something that could be considered impressive.

It seems odd that one would put such effort into a post. After all, ''it's only a game''.
    In some circles perhaps, I just consider it as part of the rest of the lols throughout the board.

I'd only be willing to go as far to put as much effort in as my opponents, or, at least for those who are quite boisterous in their elongated opinions i'm challenging.

In some circles perhaps, I just consider it as part of the rest of the lols throughout the board.

I'd only be willing to go as far to put as much effort in as my opponents, or, at least for those who are quite boisterous in their elongated opinions i'm challenging.
    So let me get this straight....

You say to people complaining about an in game issue, use the arguement "It's only a game", and yet still put in as much effort as those you argue with for taking a game too seriously, about the exact same game.....

I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.....

Oh, and /signed
    "All of us have left someone behind. That is why we brave the darkness. We fight so they may see the dawn."

Quote Originally Posted by Amdul View Post
    So let me get this straight....
    I'm missing the part where you got it straight, but good to see your well-mannered support.

I'm missing the part where you got it straight, but good to see your well-mannered support.
    Doesn't this remind you a bit of....
    Your mouth is not suitably stained with red pigmented juices. I would perhaps advise picking more cherries from my apple trees in future before you squeal with such excitement.

I.E. Good to see you didn't blow over any points I was trying to make or anything silly like that.
    This?

Doesn't this remind you a bit of....

This?
    Nope. I'm, just tired of arguing stigma with people who don't read with coherence.

Just my two cents...

InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    Just my two cents...

I've been at that spot and far beyond it. Clubbing up there would extremely impractical, but once a person got the character(s) they use for it up there, they'd never be discovered.

Well latest update notes now include instructions on how to multibox! I suppose we now know what turbine meant when they said they would look into the issue!!! Pathetic.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

I HATE CLUBBING It is cheating in every way. Do something turbine. It completely ruins the value of rank, traits, coms, inf. I'm not really a vet, but I hate it when I see who was rank 4 two days ago and know they are rank 8. I just hate it.
    Last edited by Fererif; Jun 17 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Multi Boxing whilst on Freep & Creep at the Same Time

Hi Guys & Girls

There is a contentious issue regarding Multi Boxing and its game mechanics within this fine game of LOTRO.

Whilst personally i see no major wrong doing with Multi Boxing (whilst you are on Freep Side)

The issue I have a major concern and irritation with is the fact that some (and as always it is always the few who cause issues for the majority), are able to run with a Freep whilst logging in on their Creep in order to spy on what is going on in the OOC chat of Creep side then hunting down the Creeps with their Freep and earning extra Infamy - which obviously they really need help to do as surely don't have enough other buffs etc to contend with. I'm sure this potentially works both ways. eg a Creep spying on Global /OOC of Freep side.

If Turbine was to put in something where if you are Multi Boxing, you can only play on one side and are barred from playing or viewing the other side, then that would stop the blatant 'Spying, Cheating' call it what you will.

It is not a wide spread issue from what I can tell, as I mentioned above, it is the few that are exploiting the game mechanics to their advantage, and it is an advantage to be able to spy on the other sides chat to see where they are to then decide whether or not they will hunt them down and kill them.

I would love to see those who are doing this unable to view the other side if they are logged in on one side.

For Your Consideration Turbine.

Discuss

Take Care & Have FUN

PS - signed the above for clubbing too

Matt Bell (Brothers In Arms - Withywindle)

Aka

Ttamlleb (Warg - Monsters In Arms - Withywindle)
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5930944pBxZK.png[/img][/url]
    Greetings & Well Met
    Take Care & Have Fun ;)

Spying on Gilrain has grown from being a small irritation to an extensive invasion of creep OOC to the point that OOC is no longer useful for spreading information during action. I would estimate that at any time there are between three and eight OOC spies

Spying on Gilrain has grown from being a small irritation to an extensive invasion of creep OOC to the point that OOC is no longer useful for spreading information during action. I would estimate that at any time there are between three and eight OOC spies
    Not that I'm an expert on most servers, but in my opinion it happens on every server and on every side.

But how far are we going until you are a ''Spy''? If you are on teamspeak/ventrilo with friends, heck, even talking with them on Xfire, and you see that someone is QQing/telling locations of your friend... I would at least tell him that he's been called out. Am I a spy? I'm just letting my friend know that he will get few more people on his &&&& within the next 5 minutes.

So spying has always been an issue, but then again how far do we go until we call someone a spy...
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qx7sdx.png[/IMG]
    [B]:::[/B][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/33lk1hx.png[/IMG][B] :::[/B] ~ Arrostorm
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    Not that I'm an expert on most servers, but in my opinion it happens on every server and on every side.

But how far are we going until you are a ''Spy''? If you are on teamspeak/ventrilo with friends, heck, even talking with them on Xfire, and you see that someone is QQing/telling locations of your friend... I would at least tell him that he's been called out. Am I a spy? I'm just letting my friend know that he will get few more people on his &&&& within the next 5 minutes.

So spying has always been an issue, but then again how far do we go until we call someone a spy...
    I would define a spy as someone who is sitting on the opposite side, while playing on the other side, with the express purpose of giving an advantage to the side they play on.

Wow I would hate that.

I say spying is cheating. Im not really sure how much it goes on my world but it is there. The two most common times it's happening is when a RaidvsRaid thing going on or a group of what ever size is trying to keep all for ops. Like I said before im not sure a much it happens but I can guess if I form or join a group to flip a keep or ops and the freeps r there already

Yes

Because you are passing information from the other side that will affect what he does. If you tell him, he will act differently than if you had not.

If you are simply trying to get together some 3v3s or negotiating an area to fight, that's one thing, but if you pass information that they can't get on their own and that will affect their gameplay, then shhhush!

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Yes

Because you are passing information from the other side that will affect what he does. If you tell him, he will act differently than if you had not.

If you are simply trying to get together some 3v3s or negotiating an area to fight, that's one thing, but if you pass information that they can't get on their own and that will affect their gameplay, then shhhush!
    It happens in real life as well, passing information has become so easy. And when you talk with someone on a program designed for in, I think that 80% of us would (consider the ''someone'' as a good LotRO friend) definitely say what is being said on OOC.

But maybe it's just my opinion, and I think we should not derail this thread more, it was originally designed to stop clubbing.

In other news, Turbine actually ''restored'' the multiboxing client ''bug''.
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

In other news, Turbine actually ''restored'' the multiboxing client ''bug''.
    And stated that they are unable to act on the rankfarming/clubbing ^.^

"top tier pvmp players" make more points then normal players,but shouldnt be accused of clubbing so we cant do anything atm cuz we have to prevent false positives...
    Sorry turbine but if none of you can figure out that r0 to r15 in 6 or 7 days is not just "top tier pvmp player" then you all should maybe look for new jobs as you clearly have no clue about what you are doing there... You arent even acting on 100% clear cases (like the r0 to r15 in less then a week),or admitted rankfarmers like certain members of the,wait... nvm that cba with another ban lol..

Sorry for the essayists, but back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q20: What is being done about Multi-boxing/Rank Farming?
    A20: We’ve been having a very active discussion with the Players Council about this recently. One of the challenges here is breaking the issue into its component parts.

Multi-boxing in-and-of-itself is not inherently bad or against our TOS. The Launcher allows you to run multiple clients and the bug preventing this was recently fixed.

Rank Farming, which doesn’t require mutli-boxing by the way, is another matter entirely. We’ve run several investigations to figure out how best to address it and so far haven’t been happy with the results. False positives, which could lead to potentially banning Top Tier PvMP players because they accumulate more renown/infamy than most rank farmers over the same period of time, are a major concern.

It’s a much more complicated matter than simply checking a database and banning those who rapidly accumulate infamy and renown. It’s a complex issue and we continue to discuss and investigate reasonable and appropriate ways to address it. - Sapience
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

seems they only look at the amount of inf/ren made... would've hoped they'd cross-check it with the other side: a querry on amount of infamy and how it's made... 10x in a row or even 5x in a row vs same opponent could pop up and then further investigation. Everything is recorded... shouldn't be that hard imo. Ofc, you got 1v1, but tbh... even in 1v1 5x in a row vs same opponent goes beyond "the challenge" I think. Even so, if you're serious about 1v1, then just do 3 v same one, then swap to another, makes the challenge more interesting as well

shame of the beautiful words, but it seems they overcomplicate things... keep it simple, keep it basic usually helps ^^

At least they found out that something (multi-boxing) is not required to do something (rank farming) they can't determine
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

And again :

Why dont they act on 100% clear cases? people making r15 in 6 days from r0 is a perfect example ^.^ No,we all know thats not possible by pvmp`ing... Heck,some people even addmited they farmed their ranks.. There is no "false positive" on that one is there.. oh well..

They discussed this with the council.. Uh,id be scared if the law system would discuss punishment with the criminals,and let them decide what is to be done about that "crime".. (you get the point even if its a bit of an overexageration..)

w/e this topic is done for me,they have shown that they do not care,and they have proven that they can fool the majority of the community into believing they do care,while as i stated above,if they really cared,they would have acted on such cases right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Okni View Post
    And again :

Why dont they act on 100% clear cases? people making r15 in 6 days from r0 is a perfect example ^.^ No,we all know thats not possible by pvmp`ing... Heck,some people even addmited they farmed their ranks.. There is no "false positive" on that one is there.. oh well..

They discussed this with the council.. Uh,id be scared if the law system would discuss punishment with the criminals,and let them decide what is to be done about that "crime".. (you get the point even if its a bit of an overexageration..)

w/e this topic is done for me,they have shown that they do not care,and they have proven that they can fool the majority of the community into believing they do care,while as i stated above,if they really cared,they would have acted on such cases right away.
    If they would actually read the forums rather than forum police it, they should know who is a farmer and who is not. There are tons of screenshots of people rank farming and they are currently getting away with it.

Maybe something for the council, let them prove something rather than a forum sig

Maybe something for the council, let them prove something rather than a forum sig
    Proven

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    I'm just playing devils advocate here but what is the difference between that log and two people legitimately 1v1 fighting where one of them is just very bad at it?!
    Coming Soon

Beer!

~Me

~John J. Rambo

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast