We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    It's still just a video game.
    Problem with ''just video game'' argument is that, it can be stretch as far as your imagination allows. There is no end to it. Why ban cheaters/exploiters of any kind, if this is just video game after all?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000cb7d7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#FF8000]“If you believe everything you read, better not read.” [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Nipsu View Post
    Problem with ''just video game'' argument is that, it can be stretch as far as your imagination allows. There is no end to it. Why ban cheaters/exploiters of any kind, if this is just video game after all?
    Why stop there?

Why fix bugs, revamp classes, scale skills to work with current level/mechanics when its just a game?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008080]Chains of insanity [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff0f5]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Doom of GY Reborn [/COLOR]-[COLOR=#ff0000] FOTM[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#0000ff]WotGE[/COLOR] -[COLOR=#40e0d0] The [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff]Fancy Lads
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Retired from LOTRO[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

how will Tyndarious and Bryter rank now?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001256ee/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

People asking for one thing, but getting the opposite and still p(l)aying.

/amazed
    What is it? What do you smell?

Quote Originally Posted by DiorEluchil View Post
    Why stop there?

Why fix bugs, revamp classes, scale skills to work with current level/mechanics when its just a game?
    Oh for &&&&s sake.

You guys have a very interesting concept on context, I'll give you that.

/signed.
    [url=https://youtu.be/e3tdAeL6fuY][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Captain-General Mornaro, Hero of Legend [EN]-Snowbourn[/url]
    [url=http://youtu.be/NMAnFXMilag]Tyrant Uner, Herald of Darkness [DE]-Gwaihir[/COLOR][/url]

alt account farmers, or exploiters (what would you label it?), are trivializing progression and still no concise response from "management". If management isn't concerned with progression, why should anyone else be?

Because given a choice between doing something with substance that has a slow rate of progression tied to it (system up to SoM), these exploiters are choosing to circumvent the system to get easy rewards thru boring, tedious play that trivializes the rest of the game for everyone. Farming isn't exploiting but farming an immobile mob that can't fight back...that's an exploit. Nothing new here that hasn't been said or seen and we don't have access to the copious amounts of server side metrics that Turbine does. This isn't on their dashboard folks and even if it was, they wouldn't communicate that fact with their customers...because if you want a lotro centric mmo experience, you are stuck with them, their captive audience. Pay up your housing maintenance and get ready for new monetized housing items in the store b/c that's the progression that matters.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Oh for &&&&s sake.

You guys have a very interesting concept on context, I'll give you that.
    We just exposed absurdity of ''this is just video game'', it is just meaningless excuse which people tend to use when they don't have proper arguments.

Case closed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000cb7d7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am not saying that it's right or anything. I just wonder if it's really such a widespread issue. That's all. Like I said earlier, it's akin to some of the multi-boxers. Yeah it can be annoying but is an exception to the norm.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    Because given a choice between doing something with substance that has a slow rate of progression tied to it (system up to SoM), these exploiters are choosing to circumvent the system to get easy rewards thru boring, tedious play that trivializes the rest of the game for everyone.
    very true...

Thats why my rank 7 hunter keeps the same rank since lvl 65...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    I am not saying that it's right or anything. I just wonder if it's really such a widespread issue. That's all. Like I said earlier, it's akin to some of the multi-boxers. Yeah it can be annoying but is an exception to the norm.
    And when we accept it and allow this problem to fester? It will become the norm. It's cancer. It must be nipped before it blooms into a tumor.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

/signed

As everyone was saying... this is an insult for creeps and freeps who are playing hardly to get their ranks...

/signed

Not many clubbers on Gladden (I know of); one even changed his name (not all people know of altfinder I guess )
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    And when we accept it and allow this problem to fester? It will become the norm. It's cancer. It must be nipped before it blooms into a tumor.

Bot'ing is the norm on Gilrain. On freep side.

No word from Sapience since he said they will start to "investigate" ?
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    No word from Sapience since he said they will start to "investigate" ?
    We can expect results some time before the end of the Universe.

Angry

/signed

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

We just exposed absurdity of ''this is just video game'', it is just meaningless excuse which people tend to use when they don't have proper arguments.

Case closed.
    Have you read anything else I've said? Maybe like the part where I said I too think it should be a bannable offence? I would guess probably not.
    Specifically to rank farming, pointing out the fact that 'this is just a video game' is moot. So, why would I even say it? Did you ask yourself that question?
    Last edited by Untg99; May 25 2013 at 01:02 AM.

Have you read anything else I've said? Maybe like the part where I said I too think it should be a bannable offence? I would guess probably not.
    I haven't read every single post in this thread. If you support this thread and it's purpose, I think you have weird way of showing it, purely based on your latest posts, but I guess that's just me.

Specifically to rank farming, pointing out the fact that 'this is just a video game' is moot. So, why would I even say it? Did you ask yourself that question?
    Do you mean that ''this is just video game'' is good argument, because you used it? If that is so, could you go and answer questions asked by me and DiorEluchil.

/signed
    [URL=http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/the2fetters/media/sig-lotro_zpsd8f7f9b2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r761/the2fetters/sig-lotro_zpsd8f7f9b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Fix our bugs please :)

I haven't read every single post in this thread. If you support this thread and it's purpose, I think you have weird way of showing it, purely based on your latest posts, but I guess that's just me.

Do you mean that ''this is just video game'' is good argument, because you used it? If that is so, could you go and answer questions asked by me and DiorEluchil.
    This is my view.
    Yes, it is a bit of a problem and something should be done to stop it. But that's as far as the entire thing should go. At least half this thread is full of people who visit their alternate reality called real life, and are making this an issue of social justice. What 90% of people aren't considering is that this doesn't actually affect active gameplay by that much when you properly take into account solo expendability, and then the diminishing effect that groups, and successively raids, begin to add to those rank bonuses (Which logically is the only argument you could make exempting the now non-existant leader boards).

Slight tangent just there, but the prior is all that the fact of 'this is just a video game' was challenging.

Those who use the 'only a game' argument should, by their own logic, not feel the need to argue the point because it is, after all, only a game.

I have said it before,and i gladly repeat it once more :

"Its just a game" By that Logic nothing would be an issue... I could go around swearing at people ingame,hack the client/server to get advantages,sleep with GM`s *rawrrr* and they do me favors (or just be friends with some of em :3).. And nothing should be ever an issue,its a game after all >.> (i just noticed another game i play is just like that,scary stuff..)

And before anyone says there are No rules against this kind of thing (the rankfarming stuff) in THIS game,be aware that Turbine`s own CoC sees exploiting as against the rules (on paper..) Dev said farming ranks is an exploit,therefore the whole thing is very clear..

No one demands a complete ban series or rankstripping of anyone that gets reported of clubbing... But investigations,and actions in clear cases (everyone can see that r0-r15 in a few days isnt working w/o exploiting the system) would be a sign that they do take the issue serious,they do not,obviously.

The Battle is lost,and discussions about it are a nice way to skip time But who really still believes in change?

Wow you guys who still take PvMP seriously in this game sure have some serious balls ... /hatsoff!
    PvE I can at least understand, but the moors, that's some special kinda balls.

"Look for your [cause], but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands."

GL mates

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Those who use the 'only a game' argument should, by their own logic, not feel the need to argue the point because it is, after all, only a game.
    Your mouth is not suitably stained with red pigmented juices. I would perhaps advise picking more cherries from my apple trees in future before you squeal with such excitement.

I.E. Good to see you didn't blow over any points I was trying to make or anything silly like that.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast